GTA V: Latest News & General Discussion Thread

If you haven't noticed from the original GTA 1, those 3 cities are actually remade into 3d, GTA3 is Liberty City from GTA 1 , GTA: Vice City from GTA 1, GTA: San Andreas once again from GTA 1. I think what they will do next (If they are actually going to do it) is London.

The way I see it is they are going to do the 3 over again but realistically (not to a fantasy layout) and all set in the modern day.

GTA IV - Liberty City (New York) Done Realistically, Modern Day
GTA V - Vice City (Miami) Done Realistically, Modern Day
GTA VI - San Andreas (Los Angeles, San Franciso and Las Vegas) Done Realistically, Modern Day

Miami in 2010 would be epic but would be nice to maybe go somewhere else for a change. I don't think London will ever be done because there isn't the market for it. The Getaway wasn't really successful outside of the UK and even the PS3 one got canceled. Rockstar would never risk it.

Robin.

RDR is technically in Arizona and northern Mexico a little bit after the Alamo I believe. Assuming the river is the Rio Grande. Which it most likely is considering it's width.

I always thougt it was in Texas.

If Rockstar even thought about making a GTA in Brazil, well, they could do it, it wouldn't be the first time they defeated Brazilian attorneys.

I see this being a PS4 title. Don't think the PS3 could handle it without it being ugly.

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing. After GTA V and all the other stuff Rockstar is planning for the PS3/360 I think the next generation of console would have already come round by then and will be needed for a project of that scale.

RDR's first area features scenery quite reminiscent of West Texas, as seen in The Outlaw Josey Wales starring Clint Eastwood. Armadillo's eastern entrance is very similar to an establishing shot used in that film when they reach a West Texan town.

Wherever it is, Rockstar's studios sure have a knack for imitating the places they set their fictional games in. In many ways, the location is the true star of the GTA series; its geography, its people, its vibe.

I don't think San Andreas would ever be GTA location again, I think they'd divide the 3 cities (Los Santos, San Fierro, Las Ventuuras)

Personally I'd like to see Vice City again. It would be beautiful with today's graphics and I wouldn't even mind if it was set in the 80's again. Something like Lance Vance's story would be cool ;)

Today I've seen this: http://thegfgn.com/TheGFGN/?p=385

Last edited:
I don't think San Andreas would ever be GTA location again, I think they'd divide the 3 cities (Los Santos, San Fierro, Las Ventuuras)

Personally I'd like to see Vice City again. It would be beautiful with today's graphics and I wouldn't even mind if it was set in the 80's again. Something like Lance Vance's story would be cool ;)

Today I've seen this: http://n4g.com/news/726457/gta-vs-new-lead-is

Bad link. takes me to the login page.

Oh Holy God, please let that be an April Fool's joke. Gilbert Godfrey as the lead would make for a REALLY annoying game. If that is true, hopefully he won't have a lot of speaking roles. More Tony than Nico, please!

If you could just imagine Gilbert Gottfried's voice being played over one of the past GTA characters, that would be too funny and probably a bit tough to stand after 2 years of playing the game if this did happen.

But at least we can all breathe a sigh of relief to know that Gotfried isn't the main character. But, knowing Rockstar, they'd never do something like that.

But at least we can all breathe a sigh of relief to know that Gotfried isn't the main character. But, knowing Rockstar, they'd never do something like that.

If Gilbert Gottfried uses his real not loud and squeaky voice, it could be alright after all. Yes, his original voice is not the one you normally hear when he calls John Stamos a "Secret:censored:".

GTA I era: GTA, GTA London (1969 and 1961)
GTA II era: GTA 2
GTA III era: GTA 3, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, GTA Liberty City Stories, GTA Vice City Stories, GTA Advance
GTA IV era: GTA 4, GTA Chinatown Wars, GTA The Lost And Damned, GTA The Ballad Of Gay Tony

Looking to that, we can certainly see that is not coming a GTA V, but a GTA IV in another city and date. (And some improvements, like the earlier games)

hmm...if GTAV takes place in LA it'll be the first numbered GTA title to take place outside of Liberty City...which, didn't that change from Chicago in GTAIII to New York in GTA IV?

I think GTA IV will follow the same formula as GTA III, my guess is the next GTA will head back to Vice City.

@SuperShouden, Liberty City in GTA III was based on New York.

Looking to that, we can certainly see that is not coming a GTA V, but a GTA IV in another city and date. (And some improvements, like the earlier games)

Not exactly. For example, when Polyphony Digital made Gran Turismo 3 A-spec, they were going to name the next main title Gran Turismo B-spec. But that did not happen. Patterns does not give much next consecutive title in order. There can always be a break in the pattern.

They may be a new location but I would be very surprised if the next GTA wasn't set in Vice City.

I mean who expected a return to Liberty City in GTA IV.

Last edited:
They launched only the GT4 B-Spec...So it's GT3 A-Spec and GT4 B-Spec...

Just FYI, they intended to launch a race management game for GT3 - hence GT3 A-Spec (you drive) and GT3 B-Spec (you manage AI drivers). The AI wasn't good enough so the project was binned and B-Spec was incorporated as part of GT4 instead of a standalone game.

I can't remember where I saw it, but I saw some joke rumour about the character being a slacker. An early-90s Seattle rip-off where said slacker is a doped-up incompetent gone bad would be a cool change of pace. The soundtrack would be pretty epic if you liked any of the grunge scene.

Back