GTA V Top Gear Challenges (ps4)

• Thread starter 250 GTO
  • 92 comments
Denmark
Number 163
CSSDK
topgear.jpg

We all know that Top Gear has been cancelled (well not really, but come on it's not really Top Gear without Sugar Ray Jezza, Cpt. Slow and The Hamster). So as a tribute to one of my all time favourite shows, I created a playlist inspired by the tests that the producers again and again threw at the guys. You will go off road, on road, fast, slow, up, down, crashing into stuff etc.

So without further ado, lets start the show

Now the rules are simple.

1) Get hold a of Sedan, used or new (list of eligible cars further down)

2) You can change the look of it to make it personal (color, wheels, bumpers, grills, lower it etc) :cool:

3) You may NOT, I repeat NOT!! change the perfomance (no turbo, brakes, armor gearbox etc)! I of course have no way of checking if you follow this. But for the fun of the race, please don't cheat. Besides this is about having fun, not getting there first.

3B) However there are two cars that are exempt from this. The Albany Emperor and the Dundreary Regina may have a turbo installed. ONLY the turbo

4) Points will be given for every test, some scores are straight forward, others not so much. A final scorebord will be made by me and uploaded here when the tests are done.

5) I did a test run by myself, it took just under two hours to complete the whole playlist (14 in all), so keep that in mind if you sign up :) (And it payed around $150.000 just doing it alone, so the payout will be nice too)

6) 10 spots open. However I'll write down 14 participants, where the last four will be backup, in case someone is not able to race after all

7) If you have a headset, please use it, it's just more fun that way (when you sign up, write whether you will use a headset or not)

8) The Race will take place in August, probably on a sunday, and at 08 pm CET. The date will soon follow.
9) WEAR A HAT! :dunce:

10) OPTIONAL. When you get hold of your car and it's ready to race, feel free to upload a picture of it here, so we can see what you will be driving

CARS

Albany Emperor - $7.000 (Turbo allowed)
Albany_emperor1.jpg

Albany Primo - $9.000
Albany_primo1.jpg

Albany Washington - $15.000
Albany_washington1.jpg

Chariot Romeo Hearse - $17.000 (I personally hope someone will show up in this)
Chariot_romero_hearse1.jpg

Declasse Asea - $12.000
Declasse_asea1.jpg

Declasse Premier - $10.000
Delcasse_premier1.jpg

Dundreary Regina - $8.000 (Turbo allowed)
Dundreary_regina1.jpg

Karin Asterope - $26.000
Karin_asterope1.jpg

Vapid Stanier - $10.000
Vapid_stanier1.jpg

Vulcar Ingot - $9.000
Vulcar_ingot1.jpg

Zirconium Stratum - $10.000
Zirconium-Stratum-GTA-5-Front-View.jpg

I hope some of you guys will take part in this. :gtpflag:

ADD me as a friend on PS4, as I will open a private lounge where we can meet up beforehand - CSSDK

Last edited:
Entry List

01) 250 GTO - CSSDK - Albany Primo - Headset
02) Sting - OnE-JoKeR_ - ?? - ??
03) SVT Cobra GT - SVTlover - Vapid Stanier - Headset
04) Mark II Blit - Albany Washington - ??
05) STI9 - Zirconium Stratum - ??
06) e rikkie - Dundreary Regina - ??
07) ??
08) ??
09) ??
10) ??

Reserve
11) ??
12) ??
13) ??
14) ??

Last edited:
I'll be driving this... pretty??? Albany Primo

rw1oapsLTkW8LFm3Rdsi_g_0_0.jpg

The previous owner, a young man in his early 20's, seemed to be glad to get rid of it...

If this is definitely on a Sunday, count me in. I'll have to buy the car next week as I'm away for the weekend.

And and just to add, I'll be using my blue Stainer which has been modified visually. If it's not allowed I'll get another one for the challenges and I have a headset.

And and just to add, I'll be using my blue Stainer which has been modified visually. If it's not allowed I'll get another one for the challenges and I have a headset.

As long as it's only had visual upgrades and no performance or armor upgrades.

This is not really generating the kind of interest I was hoping for. I was hoping to get at least five participants. I'll give it a week or two more.

@250 GTO ive sent you a friend request. Want to try out the playlist and see what it is like if this doesn't get going.

In fairness, Top Gear only had three guys doing the challenges so as long as we have that or more it could go ahead.

I may be able to take part depending on the time of day and also if it is after the 10th August.
You may be better to put me down as a reserve.
I also haven't decided which car to use, torn between Primo, Stanier and Stratum - Do we all have to use different cars?

Right. Lets try to get this going again. I'm back from vacation and have finished moving from one apartment to another.

@STI9 I've put you down as an entry, since the place isn't really crowded at the moment. And no we don't have to drive different cars, it would make it a little more interesting if we didn't use the same car. But if my memory is correct there was an episode of Top Gear where all three ende up buying the same car. So it can work :) But again, this isn't really about getting there first, it's just about having fun. One of two of the cars I'm not actually sure if they can complet a couple of the tests....without getting a push.

@Sting If you haven't already done it, then please don't try the playlist beforehand. Part of the fun, is not knowing what is coming next. However if this doesn't happen, feel free to give it at try :) Found out what car you will be using?

@Mark II Blit Any idea what car you will be using?

I was thinking about doing it either this coming sunday, august 23 at 07 PM CET, or next sunday, august 30 at 7 PM CET.

Do any of these dates work for you guys, if not, feel free to suggest different dates.

And just to make sure @SVT Cobra GT sees this too. Shout out! ;)

And of course, this is still open to new entries! And if anyone knows of someone who might be interested in joining us, but isn't on this forum, lemme know and we'll figure it out. The more the merrier :cheers:... don't drink and drive.

23rd and 30th I'll be away so I wouldn't be able to make those.

I haven't tried the playlist yet.

I've been having connection issues with the PS4 lately, it just will not connect to my internet after we had an upgrade installed. I shall try and fix the issue in time but I'm not confident I will do.

I will have to drop out for the time being, but if I fix it I shall post in here.

@STI9 I've put you down as an entry, since the place isn't really crowded at the moment. And no we don't have to drive different cars, it would make it a little more interesting if we didn't use the same car. But if my memory is correct there was an episode of Top Gear where all three ende up buying the same car. So it can work :) But again, this isn't really about getting there first, it's just about having fun. One of two of the cars I'm not actually sure if they can complet a couple of the tests....without getting a push.

Yeah put the Stratum down for me then. Those times work OK. I see you may change them as Sting can't make it. I am good for most days but only at night/evening time - about 5-12pm GMT.

I think the TG episode you are thinking of is the one where all three of them have BMW E30 convertibles, its something like "80's convertible challenge" I think.

Edit: Only problem now is trying to figure out good wheel/colour combos.

Last edited:
Right, 23 and 30 is a no go then. How do people feel about sat 5 sept or sun 6 sept then? Like I said, I would like to try and find a date where all of us can join. ALL six of us :)

@e rikkie and his fabulous Griswolds-mobile added to the lineup (remember, that car is permitted a turbo upgrade, plus what ever visual upgrades you feel like)

clark_w_griswold_print_jeff_boyes.jpg

...and for Gods sake people, remember the hat!

ep609.jpg

and just to make sure you guys see this post
@STI9 @SVT Cobra GT @Mark II Blit @Sting

@e rikkie and his fabulous Griswolds-mobile added to the lineup (remember, that car is permitted a turbo upgrade, plus what ever visual upgrades you feel like)

You really think i'm gonna spend a single dollar on this piece of crap :? :D :nono:

and sunday 6th should be fine, although no promises :P

Back