GTA V Top Gear Challenges (ps4)

• Thread starter 250 GTO
  • 92 comments
Just how badly can one person fail in the first corner? Quite miserably, as it turns out. Having a long car was good for stability, bad for getting out of ditches. Still, it was a very action-packed race with lots of vehicular aerobatics. This was my second favorite race only behind the Sandy Shores figure of eight, where @Sting constantly T-boned me (I deserved it, though, for my later hotheaded attempts at overtaking. Sorry! :D)

The parking garage sprint was another favorite of mine.

Photo finish: @Sting working hard to secure another last place for @e rikkie's Family Truckster in the very last second of the race.

View attachment 442944

Nice feuding with everyone on the road! :cheers:

Thanks for an insight how things went at the front of the races :P

It was a really fun night last night. Here was a picture of my wagon I promised. I will upload a few more in the Snapmatics thread.

110isue.jpg

Looking forward to the scores coming out 👍.

I really enjoyed the races last night, sorry I didn't make the third round of races! Was super tired after a long day. I'm definitely up for more of these.

I thought the events were fantastic and really enjoyable once I finally got online. I'm definitely in for more of these.

Maybe we could do a Muscle Car themed challenge event. Imagine the chaos with all those tail happy cars :)

Thanks for an excellent event! It was perfect 👍

I'm glad to hear you all enjoyed yourself. Some of these tracks were a pain to make, especially the one in the parking garage.

@SVT Cobra GT That's fair, you didn't come last despite of leaving :D

@Mark II Blit Nice touch with the videos! Wish I'd thought of that :)

@Sting Nice idea with the Muscle cars, I'll take in into consideration for the next season :)

@e rikkie I honestly thought the turbo would make the car somewhat fast. For the next installment I'll thoroughly test the cars beforehand

I had a little time to spare today, so I got around to making a scoreboard, It's on page one. If for some reason you didn't race one of the stages, you'll get last place.
It's a bit small, but I hope you'll be able to read it. it was a close one :)

Last edited:
Well, I'll be damned. So I chose the right car for the challenge, but then I chose the wrong car for the challenge because it was too expensive! I mean, not even the hat would have saved me!

[HQ2] 夜市人生 北斗爆橘拳.gif

Truly a Top Gear-style conclusion :lol:👍

Congratulations to @Sting on the victory!

Last edited:
2nd place, not bad. Even if I had the hat bonus it wouldn't have changed. Most annoying thing is though that before I joined you guys I picked out my Patriot Beer hat.

Definitely up for this type of event again, whether its muscle cars or *ahem UTILITY VEHICLES.

Thanks for an excellent event! It was perfect 👍
and thank you again for organizing a perfect event

I had a little time to spare today, so I got around to making a scoreboard, It's on page one. If for some reason you didn't race one of the stages, you'll get last place.
It's a bit small, but I hope you'll be able to read it. it was a close one :)

and could you please include a list of which race was which...

@e rikkie honestly, I Think we all stole the cars, so it wouldn't make much of a difference :)
I'll write down which race was which the next time I log on.

@e rikkie honestly, I Think we all stole the cars, so it wouldn't make much of a difference :)
I'll write down which race was which the next time I log on.

hhhmmmmm, need to think of something else then ..... 💡

💡💡💡

well then i want some points for rolling my car while on fire :D

LOL NO WAY!!! I won? A comeback worthy of Lazarus as Hammond would say lol

Quick question @250 GTO : How did you come up with the car list for the TG Challenge?

Also, would you consider allowing some/all performance mods this time round?

Quick answer @STI9 :)

How do you mean? How I chose those cars? Or why I chose those cars?

And about the performance parts, I still haven't decided, but as of now, the same rules will apply.
The problem is that they give an unfair advantage to higher lvl players who have everything unlocked. I myself am only lvl 40 so a lot of the lvl locked upgrades are still locked for me. And pretty much every upgrade that requires me to win a certain amount of races, are locked as well, I don't even have the turbo. Since winning races without the upgrades can be really tricky because a lot of people allow custom vehicles in races. Which brings us back to advantages for high lvl players :) I'm really not a fan of that system.!

@250 GTO Yeah I meant how did you choose them, cars like the intruder may have been comparable but I was just wondering if you had tested a whole bunch of cars and selected some.
I understand about the performance parts it does seem unfair - would be an option if everyone had them I guess.

Since winning races without the upgrades can be really tricky because a lot of people allow custom vehicles in races.

if you want to grind some criminal records just give a shout and i will gladly join and idle for a while so you can win them easily

@250 GTO Yeah I meant how did you choose them, cars like the intruder may have been comparable but I was just wondering if you had tested a whole bunch of cars and selected some.
I understand about the performance parts it does seem unfair - would be an option if everyone had them I guess.

I tested a few, but just went with the cars I figured would be somewhat similar in performance (obviously I was wrong about the Regina... *ahem*). Other than that I chose not to include some of the more expensive sedans, mostly because I knew that I was gonna use the price in the scores, and the really expensive ones potentially could flip everything around...which happened anyway :-)

I would love more than anything to take part in season 2 but I may not be able to commit the time till 4th December or later.

To be honest, I don't know when season two will be. I've had a busy/rough month, and haven't really had the time to make any stages or anything. So at the moment, it may be some time in december. I aim to have it done before christmas. But no promises.

To be honest, I don't know when season two will be. I've had a busy/rough month, and haven't really had the time to make any stages or anything. So at the moment, it may be some time in december. I aim to have it done before christmas. But no promises.

the christmas special!! santa hats mandatory :P

Back