GTCS F1 World Championship Season I - Drivers Needed - Round 4 - 5/12F1 2010-2016 

  • Thread starter Thread starter LVracerGT
  • 315 comments
  • 42,843 views
I apologize, the Ferrari part of Sauber confused me. We'll take the Lotus Renault.
 
I apologize, the Ferrari part of Sauber confused me. We'll take the Lotus Renault.

Alrighty :) I'll need to know your teammate and your PSN id's you'll be racing with.
 
I'm still talking to him about it. When I get to a computer I will officially sign up.
 
I'm still talking to him about it. When I get to a computer I will officially sign up.

Sounds good, if you guys know any other wheel users that are interested go ahead and invite them. The more human drivers on the grid the better 👍

I'll plan on hosting some 25% fun races this Sunday for everyone to get a feel for the guys on the grid, and any AI if we need it.
 
Sounds good, if you guys know any other wheel users that are interested go ahead and invite them. The more human drivers on the grid the better 👍

I'll plan on hosting some 25% fun races this Sunday for everyone to get a feel for the guys on the grid, and any AI if we need it.

Tomorrow is also my day off for anyone interested in some fun races just shoot my a FR
 
PSN id: Sassafrass_3
Desired car: Lotus Renault (Kimi)
Teammate: Still trying to get him to sign the dotted line...
Weapon of Choice: DFGT
 
I'm sass's teammate killerclown19 I run the dfgt
 

To anyone interested, LV and I will be running practice races tonight and tomorrow. just shoot myself or GTP_LVracerGT a FR. Hope to get as many people as possible.
 
Finally got the tv. Now, a quick question. Do you think the ps3 will automatically recognize it's a sd, and switch from sd to hd? Or would I have to hook up the AV cords to the hdtv, and then switch it over from hd to sd.
 
What kinda times are you guys hitting so I know if I'm close
 
socomkiller59
Finally got the tv. Now, a quick question. Do you think the ps3 will automatically recognize it's a sd, and switch from sd to hd? Or would I have to hook up the AV cords to the hdtv, and then switch it over from hd to sd.

Uhhh not sure what you're talking about?
 
Ok. That's what I thought. Love to play tomorrow after the F1 race if anyone is interested.
 
For sure we're planning on doing a practice race at canada
 
What time are you guys thinking for practice race?
 
Ok guys, there has been some discussion on another thread about getting some guys together to run a season with some good ideas. Hawkeye and I were chatting with Sassafrass and killerclown today while we were doing some testing and all four of us seem to like the idea, so if everyone is on board we'll go ahead and shake up the season. Here's what we've been talking about.

To make the competition tighter, and to make it a little more like real life F1 we'll switch from equal car performance to 2012 specs so each car has their real attributes. However it would be turned into a "career progress" type championship carrying on to the next season if enough interest is maintained.

This would work by putting the quicker guys into the slowest cars, then with good performances you could move up to a quicker car the following season. I've divided the cars into tier groups, here's what I'm thinking.

Tier 1:

McLaren
Ferrari
Red Bull

Tier 2:

Lotus
Mercedes
Williams

Tier 3:

Force India
Sauber
Torro Rosso
Caterham

Marrusia and HRT will not be used due to not having KERS.

Based off the results and testing with the two new guys (Sass, Killer) I think if Hawkeye and I switched to Tier 3 cars, and everyone else chose a Tier 2 team, it would create better competition, then based on championship points we could either promote or demote people to different teams based on performances.

If everyone is on board, we'll continue the season as planned, and implement the changes. Let's hear who's for or against. 👍
 
I'm in sounds like a great way to tighten things up good call guys
 
Yes, whatever is needed to keep the series going with hopefully more drivers
 
When are you guys online next? Couldn't get online last night (birthday weekend)

Keen to meet some drivers online :)
 
Glad to see the input has had a profound impact and hope it will bring a tighter more challenging format that rewards clean and consistent drivers. Count me in
 
Will be glad to have you guys in 👍 I should be on to do some testing tonight, I could put up a lobby. Not sure what time exactly I'll be on, maybe around 7-8pm CST.

Edit: Do you guys both use steering wheels?
 
Back