GTCS F1 World Championship Season I - Drivers Needed - Round 4 - 5/12

• Thread starter LVracerGT
  • 315 comments
Will be glad to have you guys in 👍 I should be on to do some testing tonight, I could put up a lobby. Not sure what time exactly I'll be on, maybe around 7-8pm CST.

Edit: Do you guys both use steering wheels?

I'll be on around 9 CST tonight and around 6 CST tomorrow

The PS3 is in hdmi output mode, and I'm sure it wont show up on the screen on a standard television with the yellow red and white wires, when the ps3 output is set to hdmi.

Turn the PS3 on by pressing and holding the power button on the system. You'll hear the first beep when you first press the button, hold it until you hear a second beep. This will reset the video output options and you should be able to see the PS3 menu on screen. You can then go back into the video output options and adjust from there. You have to do this when switching from HDTV to a different HDTV sometimes too because of the different supported resolutions (720/1080, i/p)

Hope this helps 👍

So are these changes going to be applied for this week or is this season being cancelled and starting a new one? Either way is fine with me, just wondering which track to prepare for.

So are these changes going to be applied for this week or is this season being cancelled and starting a new one? Either way is fine with me, just wondering which track to prepare for.

Prepare for Canada, LV and I are working on a way to make team adjustments, at this point it sounds like he and I are going to drop to tier 3 cars and the rest will be in tier two. Leaving tier 1 out of this season at the moment. so we need to determine which of the tier two teams everyone wants to run. other than that the schedule remains the same.

- Besides Korea being dropped and Interlagos becoming the last race.

Prepare for Canada, LV and I are working on a way to make team adjustments, at this point it sounds like he and I are going to drop to tier 3 cars and the rest will be in tier two. Leaving tier 1 out of this season at the moment. so we need to determine which of the tier two teams everyone wants to run. other than that the schedule remains the same.

- Besides Korea being dropped and Interlagos becoming the last race.

Pretty much what Hawkeye said. We're going to be testing Tier 2 and 3 cars tomorrow and getting base lap times for each car, so the last two Tiers aren't finalized yet. I have a feeling Sauber is going to make the jump to Tier 2.

Once that is done, everyone can select which cars they want to run and we'll continue the season this Sunday at Canada with everyone at their new teams. 👍

Alrighty gents, testing with Hawkeye and myself has concluded. Here are the results:

Syke! :crazy: Just kidding, before I get into times and tiers I want to explain how we tested and came up with our results.

We chose Canada as our test track. Two reasons. First, its the upcoming race and we wanted the cars to perform appropriately for the first endeavor under the new system and second, it's a track that requires all aspects of the car to attain a good lap time. It has slow speed corners that require good chassis balance and mechanical grip, fast sweepers that require good aero grip and stability, tight hairpins that require good brakes and power delivery, tight chicanes that require good car response, and fast straights that require good top speed.

All the cars were tested with the same setup, even transmission to factor in the top speed of each car. *The top 3 cars; McLaren, Red Bull, and Ferrari were not tested. I think we can all agree those are the top tier cars. Marussia and HRT were also left out, due to not having KERS they are way too slow to consider for competition and would be rolling chicanes. Now, onto the results.

Tier 1:

McLaren
Red Bull
Ferrari

Tier 2:

Lotus - 1:13.2
Mercedes - 1:13.3
Sauber - 1:13.7

Tier 3:

Force India - 1:14.4
Caterham - 1:14.5
Williams - 1:14.8
Torro Rosso - 1:14.8

Lap times are approx over a handful of laps with each car. There was time left in each car, but I didn't want to spend a lot of time pushing them to their absolute limits.

Hawkeye and I will be moving down to Tier 3, and choosing our cars last after everyone else has chosen their teams. I will leave it up to each pair to choose which tier and car they wan to run, with Tier 1 being off limits until next season.

I'll update the OP to reflect the changes and testing ASAP. 👍

can you count me and Lordnem as a team and allow us as force india if available.
that is if he is still willing to be my 2nd Driver (lol)

no not really, im scottish and the only scottish driver in here happens to be di resta so it seems like a fitting team to be placed in, plus its the team i follow (because of the scottish driver) :)
plus i really want to start the career from scratch and really have to push for my place

no not really, im scottish and the only scottish driver in here happens to be di resta so it seems like a fitting team to be placed in, plus its the team i follow (because of the scottish driver) :)
plus i really want to start the career from scratch and really have to push for my place

Can't argue with that, Di Resta had a good race last weekend.

Amazing race for him, matched his best performance to date, and i believe if he had a slightly quicker car we would see a lot more of him in the top 6 racers. though he is always consistant between 9-12 place

Completely understandable 👍

Hawkeye, you want to grab the Caterham? I think the Williams is the better handling of the two but it's top speed is really slow, same with the Torro Rosso (and the horrendous gloves) :sly:

Edit: It might actually be fun to grab the Torro Rosso. The top speed is terrible, but if we completely stretch the trans it might be manageable.

Last edited:
I'll take a Sauber so I might make a podium :sly:; but if Sauber is already taken I'll stick with Williams, thanks.

Race this Sunday at Montreal correct (1 p.m. Pacific)?

Thank you so much. I'll be with the Lotus still yes. Got my PS3 hooked up, finally, so I'm good to go.

Sorry socom, we've switched up how the races are run and are now using 2012 specs instead of equal cars, and the Lotus' are now taken. Also I need to confirm you're using a wheel. DS3's have been banned now due to performance advantages.

I'll take a Sauber so I might make a podium :sly:; but if Sauber is already taken I'll stick with Williams, thanks.

Race this Sunday at Montreal correct (1 p.m. Pacific)?

Correct 👍

Edit: OP updated. Jacques I put you at Sauber and polarbear was already there, so it shows you two as teammates. Hope this is ok.

Last edited:
gordonimo
can you count me and Lordnem as a team and allow us as force india if available.
that is if he is still willing to be my 2nd Driver (lol)

I don't mind a force India, might well have a tune for that so I do t have to start again lol,

I'm willing to share tunes if you need help 👍

I don't think I'm that bad a racer and have at most times been in the top 40 to 50 racers on racenet once getting to 15th. But what really really pickles me is when I race online against human opponents they are still able to put stacks of time and distance between me and them. Even though my apex's are perfect and everything else comes together just right. Take last night as an example, I set a pole position on hockenhiem with what I thought was a great time, only to get pushed to 6th and beaten by not just fractions of a second but almost 9 seconds........... Seriously this can't be right. Rant over

I don't think I'm that bad a racer and have at most times been in the top 40 to 50 racers on racenet once getting to 15th. But what really really pickles me is when I race online against human opponents they are still able to put stacks of time and distance between me and them. Even though my apex's are perfect and everything else comes together just right. Take last night as an example, I set a pole position on hockenhiem with what I thought was a great time, only to get pushed to 6th and beaten by not just fractions of a second but almost 9 seconds........... Seriously this can't be right. Rant over

Not sure what racenet is but if you were online it could be people on the controller. For some reason the DS3 has a huge time advantage.

That's just nuts you would expect (please don't flame me) but some sort of penalties (as in making the cars just a touch laggy on acceleration for tcs, or having to break way early with abs, thus slowing them down), for using a controller or aids rather than making it a bonus, isn't the idea meant to be to improve and turn off those things and get to the core of how the real guys do it? Maybe I'm trying to turn it unto a SIM, but it's the best driving game I've played in a long time and don't get me wrong if I want to knock about 3-4 seconds off my time I just use abs

No I'm not saying everyone should have a wheel, just saying it shouldn't be a disadvantage after all we are heavly invested, bit hrt it must be a coding thing otherwise I'm sure cm would address that

Last edited:
That's just nuts you would expect (please don't flame me) but some sort of penalties (as in making the cars just a touch laggy on acceleration for tcs, or having to break way early with abs, thus slowing them down), for using a controller or aids rather than making it a bonus, isn't the idea meant to be to improve and turn off those things and get to the core of how the real guys do it? Maybe I'm trying to turn it unto a SIM, but it's the best driving game I've played in a long time and don't get me wrong if I want to knock about 3-4 seconds off my time I just use abs

No I'm not saying everyone should have a wheel, just saying it shouldn't be a disadvantage after all we are heavly invested, bit hrt it must be a coding thing otherwise I'm sure cm would address that

From what I've read in the forums it's a known issue, and CM hasn't fixed it or modified it yet. It was pretty obvious how much of an advantage it is at the first race we did. I was out qualified by taddy on the controller by half a second and he was on the harder tire, I was on the softer compound.

It would be nice if they fixed it. There's still about 5 months before they're supposed to release 2013.

Back