gtd | A Cross The Universe: The Final

• Thread starter gtuned
  • 1,634 comments
Hey man, just stopping by to let you know I've nominated you for a 1-year Premium membership competition in the Rumble strip sub-forum. Just thought this might be a great opportunity to let you know just how much we all appreciate your hard, and fantastic, work within the GT5 photomode you've kept us drooling over! 👍

Woah-ho-ho. Thanks for the awesome compliments guys, and Bram, :drool: That's crazy, thanks dude! Now I was planning on releasing a set wednesday, but seeing as Jacob and Alex put out their Funk Blaster Remixes, I figure I may as well put out my Original, and see if the Remixes are Better than the Original, as they usually are. This set's song, none other than KOAN Sound's Funk Blaster

The last shot is the winner for me.
I'm kinda torn about the editing. It's split into two parts.

One is absolutly solid editing as usual, the other half is a bit overkill.

This is spot on for me aswell

6815803200_4f71064cab_z.jpg

AWE:drool:....:drool:....Some:drool::drool::drool:
I totally LOVE the pic you used as a banner for the set in RE:MIX.:bowdown:
Btw, the 9th pic looks like it was edited by jus1029.:odd::lol:

Thanks guys, seems like Fishy and SM had the better edits :P Anyways, this set has some meaning to it, and I wanted it to be special. Today, back in 1960, Ayrton Senna was born, and today, would of been his 52nd Birthday. But on May 1st, 1994... Well, you know what happened. Senna was an unbelievable driver, back in 1984 at Monaco, he was gaining 3 seconds a lap on the leader, Alain Prost, in a pouring rain. Gaining 3 seconds, a Lap. at Monaco. In the rain. If you can, I highly suggest watching Senna, The documentary. A really, really amazing movie. So why am I shooting an NSX at Suzuka for a Brazilian F1 driver? Senna had alot of hand in the NSX's design and performance, and He won all 3 of his championships at Suzuka. Also, what I consider one of the best Automotive pictures, Senna washing his own NSX, was a contributing factor to using Red. This Song's set isn't a heavy dubstep song, Buckethead's The Homing Beacon is much more fitting.

It's amazing ,Garrett ! :drool::drool::drool:
This is a great idea to dedicate this photos to such a great person !
Made with respect and love 👍👍👍

Absolutly great!
I think Senna would be proud of you.

Saw a video of the newer NSX today, that sound; that glorious 3L VTEC is just soooo breathtaking.

Amazing tribute to an amazing person.
To be honest I don't know anything about motorsports and racing because I don't watch this sport but I know Senna.
Love the detail on the gravel.

You have done it!

I have a new favourite set and there are way too many reasons: Very interesting background information/reasoning for the set, great compositions, outstanding colours/lighting, varying camera angles and good depth of field are the ones that come to mind.

I am speechless...

:bowdown:

I am too, speechless. This is an incredible update, Gtuned. Beautiful composition, lighting, angles... everything is beautiful. Probably the best set I have ever seen...

:drool:

TOO ****ING AWESOME!!!!!!!
All faved.
The shots look awesome themselves + I admire Senna and therefore love the pics 10x more.:bowdown:

OK, this is just ridiculous:

7003171705_67d029dbc8_z.jpg

And the road detail in that last shot is incredible. I'd love to know how that was done! An all round superb set, and an excellent tribute. I really think you should try more abstract shots in the future, that image that I quoted up there is one of the best photos I've seen for a very long time. 👍

Beautiful tone! :drool: Especially #3. 👍

BTW, I also made a remix of Funk Blaster as well. Why did you not include me? :grumpy:

God damn it Garrett! I was going to do a Senna tribute as well, but I guess I'll need to wait considering I can't match this calibre. 👍 Very touching tribute. :)

Back