GTDesigned: A Community Vision GT Project

We'll going to add a series of poll for 3 days, for now the layout

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you wanted some front wheel drive inspiration...

nissan-gtr-lm-nismo-1-640x426.jpg

I designed up the twin turbo V4 engine, will upload via scanner soon 👍

Decided to tighten up the front view loose sketch i did, of the Roto-Fighter.

I made a couple of minor changes:

I know i'm probably being superfluous, but i thought i'd do it anyway.

Hey @Nessy , I know this sounds like it would be a big request, but once I upload it, would you be able to, uh, "colourize" the design on my concept VGT? Yes or no, thanks in advance :D

Last edited:
I designed up the twin turbo V4 engine, will upload via scanner soon 👍

Hey @Nessy , I know this sounds like it would be a big request, but once I upload it, would you be able to, uh, "colourize" the design on my concept VGT? Yes or no, thanks in advance :D
I'll see what i can do, but i can't guarantee it'll be straight away. 👍

@citroengt1 I think you may be right. The more i look at it, i'm seeing angry clown.. (cannot be unseen)

I'm seeing the front of an old Mig fighter jet.

Me like

That is exactly the kind of look i was going for, an old school jet fighter. It also reminded me of one of these:

'Battlestar Galactica Colonial Viper'.

battlestar-galactica-colonial-viper-mk-1-kit-para-montar-12389-MLB20059314490_032014-F.jpg

Mixed with one of these:

'Flash Gordon', Mings Palace Guard.
Flash-Gordon-Guard.jpg

And now, i can't but help see this:

I think it's because the colours i used, but like i said, Can't be unseen..

Just a silly suggestion! But can we add a clown horn, @Nessy ? ;)

In all seriousness though, these are all amazing, to everyone who's made something! Thanks for sharing all of these, it's lovely

That's pretty cool, now when you say like an inverted Deltawing you do mean two skinny wheels in the back right? That would be great for drifting.

The wheels at the back wouldn't be skinny in themselves, however the track width of the car would be much shorter at the rear than the front. We could always change it to have skinny rear wheels though :sly:

I'll play around with a few more ideas for this design.

**Warning Heath Robinson design idea discovered in post***

Could the rear wheels not be on pivoting arms - that swings out wide when you need to do some of that pesky cornering but then swing back nice and tight all slipstream for the low CoD rating that gets the top speed.

The act of deploying the rear wheels would also act as an air brake and put alot more Weight at the back of the car - so it would slow down faster and with more stability than standard fixed wheel reversed trike style.

Also it would lower the wheelbase as you moved to cornering (So better turning) but when you return to High speed swept back wheels the wheelbase would be much longer so much more straight line stability.

I like the idea, and I'll try to think of a way of implementing it. Like I said I've got a few changes that I'd like to make, but please keep the ideas coming!

Yup, it'll help provide the car a new level of aerodynamics, and something that's yet to be seen among current cars.
I think Peugeot did something similar but not the same, that or it was PR crap.

Yup, it'll help provide the car a new level of aerodynamics, and something that's yet to be seen among current cars.
It's a bit application specific. You won't want to plaster it all over the car. Boundary layer control isn't new, back in WWII the P-51 Mustang used laminar flow wings to reduce drag. The laminar flow wing is actually the opposite of the shark skin technology. You prevent turbulence to reduce drag. They both work however, because they are applied to achieve different goals.

Drag is divided into multiple types. For a car the major drags are skin friction, pressure drag, and induced drag (when high lift/downforce comes into play).

Skin friction drag depends partially on whether flow is laminar or turbulent. Laminar flow produces less skin friction, so you actually want laminar flow covering the car to reduce drag. However, laminar flow is more vulnerable to flow separation. When flow separates, you get pressure drag. The point of tripping flow to turbulent is to prevent separation. It will cost you in skin friction, but that's usually not a problem since pressure drag tends to be much larger.

Back