GTDesigned: A Community Vision GT Project

We'll going to add a series of poll for 3 days, for now the layout

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok we have to get enough people to make it a real community VGT. The thing is we are waiting too long and it effected people interest in this project some people will actually get bored and left this project. A community project doesn't need to have 1000 people to work on 1 car we only need that much people for the poll while the rest work on creating/realizing the car cause honestly i'm afraid it would make this project un-manageable. The VGT event is already out of schedule and we need to start working if we don't want to delay PD's development on GT7 and we also definitely don't want to lose peoples interest of this project.

My advice as the Project Founder (please don't read it with a arogan voice cause i'm not trying to look arogan) is we need to start working without PD's greenlight cause according to Top Gear's interview with Mr. Yamauchi one VGT need 6 Months to get implemented to GT6. If we work from now we can save a lot of time cause one car development can't be done in just one to two months.

Best Regards,
LosCules24SFA

Ok we have to get enough people to make it a real community VGT.
Well, not really. How many people have actually posted consistently here? Not many.

The thing is we are waiting too long and it effected people interest in this project some people will actually get bored and left this project.
It could also be because it's such a flustercluck of a thread that nobody cares to keep track of it all, and would rather just ignore it because they don't see it being finished.

A community project doesn't need to have 1000 people to work on 1 car we only need that much people for the poll while the rest work on creating/realizing the car cause honestly i'm afraid it would make this project un-manageable.
Nobody is saying we need 1000 people, we at least need a solid team. Which we currently don't have.

we need to start working if we don't want to delay PD's development on GT7
We wouldn't. PD haven't even shown proper interest, let alone enough to delay their first PS4 title.

we also definitely don't want to lose peoples interest of this project.
Then we need to hit reset: lock this thread and start over, involving more people.

is we need to start working without PD's greenlight
We would if we knew what was going on with the whole thing.

Top Gear's interview with Mr. Yamauchi one VGT need 6 Months to get implemented to GT6.
From a serious company, we are not a serious company. It will take a long time before PD recognise it as a serious project (remember, Jordan said it could take years)

If we work from now we can save a lot of time cause one car development can't be done in just one to two months
I don't think it matters when we start, if (and it's a big if) we get the greenlight, we can choose to start then. Or we could start now, it's up to the community to decide how best to build a car for the community.

Just a quick sketch to share. As usual it's quite a loose rough sketch and it's a fairly goofy/wacky design.

Influences...

(1)'Kei' car size.

(2) A bit like the 'Giga-Kart'.

(3) A hint of 'Power boat':

5717119412_119e2d6c94_m.jpg

(4) A Lot of 'Tyrell P34':

Tyrrell_P34_6561.preview.JPG

(5) A bit of 'Sinclair C5':

sinclair_c5_1.jpg

(6) And finally, a touch of 'Battle of the planets':

511D2wFEUdL.jpg

Six wheeled 'Aero-Kart':

As always, it needs a lot of refining, and i was going to go with a covered rear wheel, but decided not to, as i preferred the look of it without. I did cover the 4 small tiny wheels at the front though. :)

科学忍者隊ガッチャマン !!!

Any chance of the concept in ギャラクタ evil Galactor/Spectra colours? (Green and Navy) - just stay away from any 7-Zark-7 nonsense!

Would be nice to see it Transform from day to day Kei Car - and into - a ground hugging racer ready to fly around the track. Could you have a more "day to day" bodywork package, Less sleek and more practical Boxey lines, that in theory you could unclip and swap with the track day bodywork. (All swapped to some stirring 70's disco and trumpet theme!)

I know this just breaks everything we planned with the transmission, but we did insist on going back to square one, right?

Seeing how our car is a hybrid (with the hybrid system(points for redundancy)), what if we replaced the 8-Speed Sequential Manual with an 8-Speed Automatic? I know, a "slushbox" sounds really dreadful, but hear me out on this.

In the automatic transmission, what if we replace the torque converter with a motor coupled with two clutches? (That would make it a DCT...?) That motor would then directly aid the car with acceleration (no torque converter means energy is directly transferred from the engine) along with the lithium-ion battery via high outputs.

I know this just breaks everything we planned with the transmission, but we did insist on going back to square one, right?

Seeing how our car is a hybrid (with the hybrid system(points for redundancy)), what if we replaced the 8-Speed Sequential Manual with an 8-Speed Automatic? I know, a "slushbox" sounds really dreadful, but hear me out on this.

In the automatic transmission, what if we replace the torque converter with a motor coupled with two clutches? (That would make it a DCT...?) That motor would then directly aid the car with acceleration (no torque converter means energy is directly transferred from the engine) along with the lithium-ion battery via high outputs.
I'm really not a fan of dual clutches. Honestly though I wish we'd take a more tradition route and use a manual

I'm really not a fan of dual clutches. Honestly though I wish we'd take a more tradition route and use a manual
As much as I use both, I do think a push-button/paddle-pressing/automatically-shifting transmission is the way to go, mainly because a manual can't really shift as fast as the other transmissions do now, and if we are trying to get the best performance out of our VGT car, I feel like a manual could possibly be out of the question...

As much as I use both, I do think a push-button/paddle-pressing/automatically-shifting transmission is the way to go, mainly because a manual can't really shift as fast as the other transmissions do now, and if we are trying to get the best performance out of our VGT car, I feel like a manual could possibly be out of the question...
I feel like anything other than a manual will be too bulky for a city car size especially if we're doing an 8 speed. Plus manuals are just downright cool

Ryk
科学忍者隊ガッチャマン !!!

Any chance of the concept in ギャラクタ evil Galactor/Spectra colours? (Green and Navy) - just stay away from any 7-Zark-7 nonsense!

Would be nice to see it Transform from day to day Kei Car - and into - a ground hugging racer ready to fly around the track. Could you have a more "day to day" bodywork package, Less sleek and more practical Boxey lines, that in theory you could unclip and swap with the track day bodywork. (All swapped to some stirring 70's disco and trumpet theme!)
:lol: I like the sound of that. And yeah, 7-zark-7 filler is awful.

[EDIT]

With regards to "What should be our next step?" I think we should do as suggested by @Jordan, and just keep posting our thoughts/ideas and showing our enthusiasm for such a project (if it were ever to get a green light).
I know that this thread will inevitably become less active, but it seems that's beyond our powers, really. And i can understand Loscules frustration (for want of a better term) in the projects kind of limbo status, but again, that's beyond our/or anybodys control. I also share Legacymachines realistic approach of needing to start it fresh again. But again, i feel that's beyond our control, as it would mean creating a new thread, and we've been pretty much told that really isn't an option at the moment.. until (and if ever) we get some kind of confirmation that there's a green light.

If we do ever get a green light (Who knows, there may be a slight chance), then i think the exposure will no doubt increase, and attract far more participants/contributors than we could ever dream. If that ever happens, i think YukinoSuzuka has the right idea with regards to the PDF poll thing. I think the original poll was far too constrictive.. Ideally i'd like to choose at least 3 different choices of engine, and have each choice score a different point, ie: 1st choice = inline4 for example (scores 3 points because it's my 1st choice) 2nd choice = Rotary (scores 2 points, because 2nd choice) and so on and so forth.. and then for them points to be tallied up at the end, to each options final score.

I think Loscules (and other key figures) have done a fantastic job of getting us to where we are at the moment, and for that i say Thank you 👍
And i for one intend on carrying on what i'm doing (even if it gets us nowhere). I just hope others share the same sentiment.

Last edited:
>Watches an episode of BotP
>7-zark-7 time shows up
>Ugh
Dope cartoon though, right?

Funnily enough, i just realised i was listening to music that was sampled from the cartoon, whilst i was sketching the Aerokart. :lol: (I always listen to various different types of music when sketching)

This work because of the difference in viscosity between water and air, it won't work on the car since it won't have to worry about water.

From my understanding hydrodynamics and aerodynamics have a lot of similarities. In the same way boats reduce surface drag through riding on cavitation to reduce friction, wouldn't this also reduce surface drag on a vehicle by increasing the air on the outer surface seperating the flow from the panel?

From my understanding hydrodynamics and aerodynamics have a lot of similarities. In the same way boats reduce surface drag through riding on cavitation to reduce friction, wouldn't this also reduce surface drag on a vehicle by increasing the air on the outer surface seperating the flow from the panel?

But wouldn't the added air just become a new flow? It makes sense under water because you're replacing water with air, but would replacing air with air have an effect?

How about we make a lunar rover, so we don't need to bother with aerodynamics at all ;)

Create a turbulent boundary layer and reduce drag. Could be wrong. Some find aero interesting. Back to admiring redraws.:cheers:

I'm interested by the whole aero thing, but i do have trouble understanding it, even when explained to me in laymans terms.

It works on a boat because the air creates less resistance than water. On a car you don't want to separate the flow from the panels because this would increase drag. It would create a low pressure area behind the car (due to differences in air speed) that generates a force opposed to the direction the car is travelling. You want to shape the body of the car so that airflow around the car joins as close as possible behind the car to reduce this effect. The most aerodynamic shape in nature is the teardrop because it has the least separation of airflow.

Could you have a variable surface. I imagine a layer of rubber skin over a perforated shell. Introduce a vacuum and the rubber will suck into the body panel - and create dimples - Like a golfball and an area of turbulence will draw the drag lamina to a much smaller profile - so way less drag - (Which is why a Golf Ball has Dimples - get a smooth golfball and the drag caused by how smooth it is (I'll let that swirl in your head for a moment.) will drastically impede how far it will travel.

You could fine tune the pattern of the dimples or even have sections which were left normal to speed up or slow down airflow over the car. or purposefully create multiple smaller drag vortexes (Spell check says yes - I want vorticies...) rather than one big nasty one.

May the downforce be with you, young skywalker

What if we were to shape the vehicle to where the wind goes into the rear wing, or somewhere that pushes the car down really well?

eran0004 explained it well. It works for boats because you're replacing water with air. Replacing air with air doesn't really do anything... unless you're exchanging turbulent air for laminar or vice versa.

Create a turbulent boundary layer and reduce drag. Could be wrong. Some find aero interesting. Back to admiring redraws.:cheers:

Turbulent boundary layers increase skin friction drag, but reduce the likelihood of separation, which contributes to pressure drag.

Ideally you would want a car that has laminar flow everywhere and controls separation by shape alone. That's very difficult and it's even more difficult when you're trying to generate downforce. It becomes even more difficult when you want a car to look a certain way.

Ryk
Could you have a variable surface. I imagine a layer of rubber skin over a perforated shell. Introduce a vacuum and the rubber will suck into the body panel - and create dimples - Like a golfball and an area of turbulence will draw the drag lamina to a much smaller profile - so way less drag - (Which is why a Golf Ball has Dimples - get a smooth golfball and the drag caused by how smooth it is (I'll let that swirl in your head for a moment.) will drastically impede how far it will travel.

You could fine tune the pattern of the dimples or even have sections which were left normal to speed up or slow down airflow over the car. or purposefully create multiple smaller drag vortexes (Spell check says yes - I want vorticies...) rather than one big nasty one.

May the downforce be with you, young skywalker

On a car, you tend to know where you will have separation so it doesn't really need to be adjustable. That might not actually be true when you look at things in finer detail, but we don't have that capability right now.

On a car, you tend to know where you will have separation so it doesn't really need to be adjustable. That might not actually be true when you look at things in finer detail, but we don't have that capability right now.
Can you clarify this? I'm not really following it at the moment.

Here's the idea being used in planes to reduce drag. Not exact but same principle.

"In a conventional blown flap, a small amount of the compressed air produced by the jet engine is "bled" off at the compressor stage and piped to channels running along the rear of the wing. There, it is forced through slots in the wing flaps of the aircraft when the flaps reach certain angles. Injecting high energy air into the boundary layer produces an increase in the stalling angle of attack and maximum lift coefficient by delaying boundary layer separation from the airfoil. Boundary layer control by mass injecting (blowing) prevents boundary layer separation by supplying additional energy to the particles of fluid which are being retarded in the boundary layer. Therefore injecting a high velocity air mass into the air stream essentially tangent to the wall surface of the airfoil reverses the boundary layer friction deceleration thus the boundary layer separation is delayed."

2030 Porsche 906 VGT
720 Horsepower
598 pp
1020kgs
Top Speed of 217 Miles Per Hour
Price of $1,000,000
The Seasonal Event for this car will be at Bathurst
image.jpg

Bumping every thread even when quite a few posts (case in point, this post) are simply pointless. how so?

1. It's a Porsche.
  2. You've pulled specs from thin air. At least others take the time to do research.
  3. It's not at all relevant to the current discussion. Or, let's be honest, the thread. It's just a render with no relation to any discussion, which gets extremely Dull.
Oh. Final question, do you have DeviantArt?

Latest Posts

Back