GTEs are Ace, but Aces drive GTOs, from Monday 6th November

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 160 comments
let us know through here of PSN, but if you can be with us by 8:30 we'll hold back.
Well hopefully I should be on time. I've got to pick someone up from a coach trip which should be back at around 7ish, which will be fine. But any possible delays could of course change that. So it's a case of I'll be there when I can.

Well hopefully I should be on time.
Hoki koki Paul, we'll either kick off when you arrive, or 8:30, whichever is the soonest. (@) everyone else, please be on time, we can't rely on the old git being late...

Still not checked out Imola yet Paul. Currently it is in the mix with Brands Hatch GP, and that American track where the start/finish straight drops down to a slightly snaggy, high kerbed 90 degree right hander. Can't remember the name, which could make finding it a bit difficult, but I'll know it when I see it.

By the way, I've let Mario know by PM that his request for Cadwell has been rejected.

:lol:

I'd go with Indianapolis (the oval) or even Daytona 24h version just to give the GTOs a fighting chance ;)

Please keep in mind I am away from home/Lisbon and will enter today's races with hartur's rig (and PSN account). The wheel "feels" different but I'll adjust. So, no point in inviting FLAT_TWELVE to the lobby, please send the invite to the "hartur" account. Thanks

that American track where the start/finish straight drops down to a slightly snaggy, high kerbed 90 degree right hander.
Er, Watkins Glen? Yes that'd be pretty good too. I like the sweepyness of that circuit.

Oh, so no Caldwell. I knew Mario would try to sneak that in. Nobody would have an advantage there. 😄
How about Lydden Hill then.

Er, Watkins Glen? Yes that'd be pretty good too. I like the sweepyness of that circuit.

Oh, so no Caldwell. I knew Mario would try to sneak that in. Nobody would have an advantage there. 😄
How about Lydden Hill then.
Or the desert one - the twisty uphill for the GTEs and the longish banked 'straight' for the GTOs.

But any possible delays could of course change that
Typical. Turns out there's a "Police led incident" on the M1 just north of London, and they are stuck in the blockage. I don't think that is part of their ABBA experience!
It might not clear for an hour or more and then there's still 100+ miles to go, so it's probably best not to wait for me. If I can l join I will. 👍

Last edited:
Typical. Turns out there's a "Police led incident" on the M1 just north of London, and they are stuck in the blockage. I don't think that is part of their ABBA experience!
It might not clear for an hour or more and then there's still 100+ miles to go, so it's probably best not to wait for me. If I can l join I will. 👍
A real S.O.S.; Mama Mia! I do I do I do I do I do think you need a super trouper to clear the way for you. If only they had the incident the day before you came. The name of the game is to just persevere. I have a dream that you might still be on time.

(I do apologise but I'm sitting in a very boring steering group meeting and need the distraction).

I think they've met their Waterloo since they have now been told it won't probably clear until 18.30 ☹️

Steering group, so there's more than just you behind the wheel on a Monday evening? How's that work out with the pedals? 😄

Well fellas, given that Old won't be able to take part tonight either, I'm perfectly happy to have a little break in the championship, and host an evening of short fun races in a public room; we might even collect some new members.

I know this will take us into 2024 before the GTEs/GTOs are done with, but so what?

Well fellas, given that Old won't be able to take part tonight either, I'm perfectly happy to have a little break in the championship, and host an evening of short fun races in a public room; we might even collect some new members.

I know this will take us into 2024 before the GTEs/GTOs are done with, but so what?
I'm all for it, let's do some random tracks

Well there's an ever increasing chance that I might make it after all. Due to the extended delay they are probably not going to arrive until well after 10pm now, so that won't interfere.

However random races will work well since there's still the chance I might get called away if they are earlier.

(Currently they have been turned around and are heading southbound again, slowly. The driver will have to find an alternative route north. Reports are that it was someone who jumped off a bridge!)

Well, I'm no stranger to contradicting myself, and with that in mind, I have to say that I was REALLY looking forward to wrestling a GTO around Mugello tonight. If we get started close to eight, and I don't specify too many laps, we should be wrapped up before Paul is pressed into Taxi duties...

I'll warm the PS up...

Results from Round 5:

Qualifying:
1701767608463.png

Race 1:
1701767631982.png

Race 2:
1701767659168.png

Race 3:
1701767685563.png

Standings:
Monday.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting points standings, things are tightening up!

@half_sourly, on my screen capture, in race 1 raeggee and Xeronima were placed differently, 2nd and 3rd respectively. raeggee got excluded from the Chevy because of it. Xero remained in the BMW.

@xeronima have you placed 1st or 2nd in the Ferrari in any race? I was updating the handicap list and have lost track a little. 🙂

18c39805a1512-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
The qualifying points are having a fair impact on the spread of the field. It may even out with a higher number of rounds to give the handicap time to work. The table below shows the gaps between drivers with and without qualifying points.

Gaps with Qualifying pointsGaps without Qualifying points
-34-3
-6-1
0-4
-5-10
-4-2
-99-83
-41-41

Yep, I recall that in race 1 raeggee finished 2nd ith the Chevy and xero 3rd. Xero was in doubt about keeping the BMW because he had made pole position with it and we talked about it being a "strike" but not about that particular car. And that raeggee couldn't race the Chevy again (and Paul same with the Ferrari).

@half_sourly, on my screen capture, in race 1 raeggee and Xeronima were placed differently, 2nd and 3rd respectively. raeggee got excluded from the Chevy because of it. Xero remained in the BMW.

@xeronima have you placed 1st or 2nd in the Ferrari in any race? I was updating the handicap list and have lost track a little. 🙂

Just a typo - fixed now.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I'm already banned from the Ferrari. Think sakkito did it for the Ferrari for me

Yeah I'm pretty sure I'm already banned from the Ferrari. Think sakkito did it for the Ferrari for me
I thought so, but it's tricky to keep track of the tracks (and the cars).
A couple of good close races last night. 👍

I got my head down and made more of an effort and it seemed to pay off. It would have been better if the Aston didn't want to spin out on the 2nd corner constantly - strangely nowhere else. Three times I think I ended up with an off track moment. Just about mastered it during the 2nd race. Some interesting give and take battles with the GTOs.

Hmm, Porsche or BMW next.

Things are becoming interesting, I had a long conversation with raeggee and he posed so many questions I had to keep checkig this thread to reply. So, this is what I got (and told him), by order of information asked:

• Next race will be at Brno
  • He is 2nd in the standings, some 30 points behind me but the gap is closing fast (about 20 points per week).
  • The field behind him is tight (13 points between 2nd and 6th) and with the amount of points available every week things can change very quickly.
  • About cars, @Zolon32 and myself are firmly in the GTO field, but everyone else faces being handicapped even before the last race of next weeks event.
  • He will do quali and race 1 in a GTE (Aston or Ferrari) but if he gets pole or finishes that race 1st or 2nd, he will do race 2 in a GTO
  • Same with @xeronima (Aston or Porsche)
  • Same with @half_sourly (Aston only)
  • Same with @IfAndOr if he gets pole position in quali. If not he can do and win or come 2nd for the 2 first races in a GTE, after that, GTO it is

This is quite funny. Zolon, we still can dream about doing fine in race 3! :dopey:

Also,and about half_sourly's reference to the impact of the qualifying points in the standings, it is indeed very relevant. In short, this is where we are now

1. Flat Twelve - 298
2. raeggee -262
3. xeronima - 260
4. IfandOr - 258
5. Zolon - 253
6. half_sourly - 249
7. beachboy - 150
8. Oldbass - 109

And this how we would be without quali points

1. Flat Twelve - 253 (=)
2. IfandOr -250 (up 2 positions)
3. half_sourly - 249 (up 3 positions)
4. Zolon - 245 (up 1 position)
5. raeggee - 239 (down 3 positions)
6. xeronima - 229 (down 3 positions)
7. beachboy - 150 (=)
8. Oldbass - 109 (=)

Last edited:
Also,and about half_sourly's reference to the impact of the qualifying points in the standings, it is indeed very relevant. In short, this is where we are now

1. Flat Twelve - 298
2. raeggee -262
3. xeronima - 260
4. IfandOr - 258
5. Zolon - 253
6. half_sourly - 249
7. beachboy - 150
8. Oldbass - 109

And this how we would be without quali points

1. Flat Twelve - 253 (=)
2. IfandOr -250 (up 2 positions)
3. half_sourly - 249 (up 3 positions)
4. Zolon - 245 (up 1 position)
5. raeggee - 239 (down 3 positions)
6. xeronima - 229 (down 3 positions)
7. beachboy - 150 (=)
8. Oldbass - 109 (=)
I get somewhat different results. @xeronima has had two 2nds in qualifying and one pole, and @Zolon32 and @IfAndOr have each had a second place in qualifying. Full tables below with and without qualifying.

With Qualifying
Q.jpg

Without Qualifying
NQ.jpg

I thought your 'without' results were different to what they are now. Must be losing my mind.

Well, half is half right I will guess. I posted by accident at 9.48 (fat fingers, old age, using the smartphone, it's called premature postification or something similar) and the "without quali" table wasn't complete, something I corrected at 9.52.

Half must have seen my original post and wrote his own. When he finally posted at 10.01 he quoted me without re-checking my text post-edit.

I'm not Poirot but that's my best and most educated guess, so relax half, you're not losing your mind (well, not over this at least 😉 )

Back