GTEs are Ace, but Aces drive GTOs, from Monday 6th November

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 160 comments
I like Paulius, it sounds much grander.

Hi there @Napalm_LT, good to "see" you. How's everything going?
I hope you have a lovely festive period. 👍

Thanks I'm fine. It was a bit painfull at the begining when I quit racing. I unsubscribed all simracing chanels when quit racing (but allways folowed what is going there), but time is great doctor. I understand what I didn't have another choice also I understant what I probably will never come back to racing, so some time ago i started to wach simracers livestreams and videos :).
So, everything is fine, except weather :). We had many snow outside, but as ussually when we are close to Christmas temperature is rising and we need more swim than walk :).

There's me thinking that it was just us English folks who complained about the weather. 😄

Great to hear that you're doing fine Napalm, keep it up.
And while It'd not be quite the same as a DD1, there are a lot who race with just a console and a controller. And a screen of course, bit awkward without one.

Keep in touch. 👍

@Napalm_LT Hi Napalm, man it is great to see your name among our group again, even if it's not for racing purposes. Pleased to hear that you're keeping track of sim racing (I imagine that it's at a bit better standard than ours).

Please feel free to pop into our room any Monday to spectate, if you want to watch "Totally Disorganised Racing", which is our speciality. I think that there are usually battles taking place somewhere in the field (and on the grass, in the barriers, unintentionally in the pit lane, and other not-where-we-should-be locations. I think that Mario does a stream...

Lovely night's racing fellas, had belting battles with Paul, Raeggee and Beach. Lost each one of them, but at least, I felt, in the case of chasing Raeggee for lap after lap without finding a way through, I would finish third and not lose the Audi to the handicap. Then... he'd got a penalty, so I finished behind him on the road, but got second and did lose the Audi anyway :ouch:

Just had a conversation fellas that put me in mind of the fact that we have postponed this series a couple of times when a driver wasn't available. We had two unavailable last night and I went ahead with it anyway. That seems a bit unfair (especially since they missed W.G. which is ace.) Having said that, Beach had a belting night, with some excellent overtaking, and stonking results, so maybe re-running W.G. might be unfair to him.

I'm sure that organising F1 is easier than this. Anyway, can I have feedback please as to whether you feel we can set the results last night aside, and run W.G. again, with all of us present?

So, on to Brno (maybe W.G. part two?), with Beach and Old pedalling the GTEs; should lead to some good racing. Next Monday is (someone helpfully pointed out) Christmas day, and is therefore somewhat inappropriate as a race day.

I'm happy to substitute Wednesday 27th Dec, but only if all of us are available, and it won't cause anybody any problems. So, @IfAndOr @Hun200kmh @Oldbass47 @half_sourly @xeronima (and Raeggee via Mario and Beach by me via PSN, because I don't know what his @thing is here), is Wednesday 27th Dec, 8:00pm good for you?

Last edited:
Happy for last night to stand and we just move on.
I can't do 27 Dec, but again, if most can, happy for you to go ahead.

After cunningly getting just a second in qualifying and then two wins in my last 2 GTEs, you want to run it again? Actually I wouldn't mind at all since I really enjoyed it. I might get a better result in the GTO. 🙂
I'll happily go along with whatever the consensus is. 👍

(A WG2 with everyone in the Lamborghini maybe?)

18c819fa6b649-screenshotUrl.jpg

18c819fe4b314-screenshotUrl.jpg
18c81a0392147-screenshotUrl.jpg

** For the final race raeggee finished in 3rd spot but exited before I had a chance to capture the results. So Mario and those below him move down one place.
18c81a07ece82-screenshotUrl.jpg

And I'll generally be available most days over the festive period.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I can take part next wednesday 27th, will probably travel between Christmas and New Year. raeggee will either be at his regular home or at his country home, where hartur's rig is placed, so I guess he will always be able to join.

About the results from last monday, although my performance was mediocre I think they should stand, it would be unfair to you, beachboy and Paul to decide differently.

About us having a WG2, I don't mind either way - it's a great and demanding track to drive - although I think that in a game with such a great variety of tracks we should try to use as much as we can. Also, the guys that did WG1 will have an advantage. If you want to stay in the Americas and to add another week to the calender, consider Willow Springs, Road America, both are beautiful, flowing tracks. I we were all driving GTO's I'd even suggest one of the Road Courses (Daytona, Texas or Indy), but I guess that wouldn't be fair for Oldbass and beachboy in their GTEs.

The totally disorganised neurons inside the totally disorganised mind behind "Totally Disorganised Racing" have had a bit of a meeting, and came up with an idea.

We can't get everyone together before 8th Jan, so the 'GTEs are Ace' series will be put on hold until then. When we return we'll run a second WG meeting. The points and handicap matters from WG1 will still count, and Xero and Half will be awarded double points for their results at WG2.

In respect of this second point, can I ask @half_sourly to the average points per meeting for Beach and Old, rounded up to the nearest whole point, and allocate these to them for meetings they missed? I realise that this isn't a perfect system, because a driver can't pick up handicaps when missing a meeting, but it's the best stab I can take.

@Hun200kmh Mario, we'll be going to Road America for the finale, following WG2 and Brno. The question is, will any of us be able to get into a Gr5 by the end? Who knows. I know that I won't be anything like as competitive at WG2 as I was at 1, now that I'm left with just the Nissan LM and Mustang. But I'm really looking forward to it anyway.

On 27th, fancy an evening of races in a public room, perhaps picking up a member or two, Azure Coast time after time, random classes of cars drawn from a hat (Person who comes last has first pick of car from the class for next race, and no one else can have it). For those who haven't done enough Azure Coast to be confident of racing there, don't worry. Just a few runs and you'll be getting up to speed, and it's one hell of a blast.

The totally disorganised neurons inside the totally disorganised mind behind "Totally Disorganised Racing" have had a bit of a meeting, and came up with an idea.

We can't get everyone together before 8th Jan, so the 'GTEs are Ace' series will be put on hold until then. When we return we'll run a second WG meeting. The points and handicap matters from WG1 will still count, and Xero and Half will be awarded double points for their results at WG2.

In respect of this second point, can I ask @half_sourly to the average points per meeting for Beach and Old, rounded up to the nearest whole point, and allocate these to them for meetings they missed? I realise that this isn't a perfect system, because a driver can't pick up handicaps when missing a meeting, but it's the best stab I can take.

@Hun200kmh Mario, we'll be going to Road America for the finale, following WG2 and Brno. The question is, will any of us be able to get into a Gr5 by the end? Who knows. I know that I won't be anything like as competitive at WG2 as I was at 1, now that I'm left with just the Nissan LM and Mustang. But I'm really looking forward to it anyway.

On 27th, fancy an evening of races in a public room, perhaps picking up a member or two, Azure Coast time after time, random classes of cars drawn from a hat (Person who comes last has first pick of car from the class for next race, and no one else can have it). For those who haven't done enough Azure Coast to be confident of racing there, don't worry. Just a few runs and you'll be getting up to speed, and it's one hell of a blast.
I don't follow the logic and think this overcomplicates matters. I'd much rather just let last Monday's round be counted as a round and move on. It looks like the other driver not there, @xeronima feels the same.

I missed a round, Xero missed a round, Beach missed a round, Old missed two rounds and quit after 1 race in another round. Swings and roundabouts and we virtually never have every driver there for every race of a series anyway.

So I propose just adding round 7's scores from the results @IfAndOr provided and on 8 Jan we do round 8 as the next scoring round, wherever that may be, WG or elsewhere. On that front, I don't care that those who drove last week have an advantage by having done a round there; maybe @xeronima can say if he cares.

The points and handicap matters from WG1 will still count, and Xero and Half will be awarded double points for their results at WG2.
I honestly think this is a bit too organized for the series...

And to implement it, you'll actually have to assist points awarded to the participants as some of the average points night actually be in between actual finishes... I'm with Half on this one

Yeah, I thought I was having an episode. It's so difficult judging sometimes...

So, to Brno on 8th Jan, Road America on 15th, and that'll be it.

Still fancy an Azurefest on 27th though.

After cunningly getting just a second in qualifying and then two wins in my last 2 GTEs, you want to run it again? Actually I wouldn't mind at all since I really enjoyed it. I might get a better result in the GTO. 🙂
I'll happily go along with whatever the consensus is. 👍

(A WG2 with everyone in the Lamborghini maybe?)

I'll pop these in here for now. I'll extract them when we've decided.
View attachment 1312996View attachment 1312997View attachment 1312998

For the final race raeggee finished in 3rd spot but exited before I had a chance to capture the results. So Mario and those below him move down one place.
View attachment 1312999

And I'll generally be available most days over the festive period.
And here are the standings.
1703246382313.png

Last edited:
Now here's a thing... Mr Paul has, it seems, convinced himself that he and the GTOs are not a good fit, but he's got the whole raft of them to play with, and they are mightily potent cars. He's five points behind me, and I know for sure that when he puts his mind to it he can go like hell. I should be scared.

And I'm twenty-three points behind Mario. He should, in theory, be home safe. But what's this? Zo closes on Mario by twenty-three points at WG! Zo has, in doing so, burnt his access to the Porsche and Audi. Have the Nissan LM and Ford got enough for him to continue to close that gap? Or will Mario pick back up being where he has been throughout the entire series, at the front?

Or, will Paul or Raeggee come hurtling past both of us?

The 8th and 15th January 2024 will hold the answers. And I can't wait.

On an entirely different subject, have I put everyone off by mentioning an evening of thrashing up the Azure Coast? Honestly, it is a stupendous drive. I intend starting with real low level performance cars, to give everyone a chance to get to know the stage well, and only shifting very steadily up to lower/mid range machinery. We'll not move on to loon-mobiles at any point, no matter how much I'd like to...

I'm not home free, that's for sure! :scared: Then again, neither are you, Paul, or raeggee :sly:

But really that is great. And it is funny that the cars you have available are the ones I can't use anymore. Funny and ... worrying for me, I do miss both the Ford and the Nissan LM.

I think the allocation of quali points will be of the greatest importance for these, I do hope beach bags both pole positions .

About how many points we all have, I see half hasn't corrected the table yet, so here's what (I think) is the top 4 correct status quo

(did the math because raeggee called me yesterday asking for a detailed account ... he's worried! :D )

1. FLAT TWELVE - 391
2. ZOLON - 370
3. RAEGGEE - 369
4. IFANDOR - 364

EDIT - If you guys want to do any kind of "Christmas Season Event", my availability for some PCars2 fun is (for the time being) as follows: today after 10PM (which I guess is too late for you guys up in Britannia and possibly Caledonia), tomorrow afternoon and evening (it's only a question of scheduling and I'll manage), and the 26th is my last day/evening in Lisbon, I could do the 8 PM time.

Also, Azure Coast for me is also a blast, love to tear those roads in a Caterham so I'm fine with that!

Cheers all

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Mr Paul has, it seems, convinced himself that he and the GTOs are not a good fit
Hmm, just the Porsche so far, it just didn't feel good through my wheel. I haven't tried many of the others yet. I do like the Lamborghini though. No, really I do.

The 8th and 15th January 2024 will hold the answers. And I can't wait.
I might have to extend my PS Plus for an extra month to join in the disorganised fun. 🙂

I have my old PS4 Pro back to send down to Rich, although it'll be after Christmas now, so he also should hopefully be joining you in the New Year.

Sorry chaps, to anyone who might have got online this evening, in the expectation of Azurefest.

Life, as they say, does get in the way sometimes. Believe me, I wanted to be there, even if I'd been the only one...

Nice racing yesterday, first race had a bit of a frustrating end but otherwise it was a fun battle with Rich. Second race I did 2nd therefore it was my farewell to the great F40 (Paul, you missed that one in your 1st page post), so I moved to the Porsche for the 3rd and last race . And had an unexpected win with it, mostly because early in the race half made a mistake and crashed into Paul. Half was clearly the fastest of us all in the porsche and I was lucky that the race ended when it did, he was chasing me hard!

Zolon obviously doesn't get along much with the Ford, that being yet another proof that we, like the cars, all have different strenghts and weak points. Very interesting.

I have 3 cars I can use for the last race(s), don't like any of them (Audi too slow, Nissan IMSA too unpredictable, Lamborghini a hell on wheels). We'll see how it goes!

Last edited:
No working headphones last night so couldn't here what part of circuit the race started. ( that's when leading the field.) Going to check sound settings soon. Also been working on my seat to get rid of a horrible squeaky noise.

I thought you were too quiet there Old! Nice FL in the 3rd race with podium finish by the end, btw ;)

Paul, I think Zolon got his 2nd place in race 1 with the Nissan LM so he's barred from that one too (its Ford or Lambo for Mr. Zo at Road America :D )

Paul, I think Zolon got his 2nd place in race 1 with the Nissan LM so he's barred from that one too
Sorted - in a bit. I wasn't really paying attention last night so it's a wonder I've got any of it correct. 😀

*Although I did notice that Oldbass actually finished ahead of both me and Xero in that 1st race. For some reason it showed him as being a lap down throughout.

Latest Posts

Back