[GTGC] -- Autumn Touring Car Classic @ Bathurst | EVENT FINISHEDFinished 

• Thread starter flip55
  • 90 comments
Update Post

First off, I've updated the 'important dates' post. I know it may not be the most ideal for everyone, but the only time I can run a practice lounge this week is 1:00pm tomorrow. My weekend's full, unfortunately. There will also be a practice lounge on the Friday before the race, on Nov. 20th, also at 1:00pm.

Second, I have run some long distance runs in some of the cars, and have realized that tire wear for these cars is a non - issue. Over the next day or two, I will experiment with running with Fast tire wear and fuel usage. The reason will be to add a stop or two to break up the monotony over the two hour race, and to maybe open up some strategy options, as well. I will report back on this matter shortly.

Also, be sure to join the group in game if you haven't. The group is public, so you should be able to find it. Group ID: 1007109

Update Post

First off, I've updated the 'important dates' post. I know it may not be the most ideal for everyone, but the only time I can run a practice lounge this week is 1:00pm tomorrow. My weekend's full, unfortunately. There will also be a practice lounge on the Friday before the race, on Nov. 20th, also at 1:00pm.

Second, I have run some long distance runs in some of the cars, and have realized that tire wear for these cars is a non - issue. Over the next day or two, I will experiment with running with Fast tire wear and fuel usage. The reason will be to add a stop or two to break up the monotony over the two hour race, and to maybe open up some strategy options, as well. I will report back on this matter shortly.

Also, be sure to join the group in game if you haven't. The group is public, so you should be able to find it. Group ID: 1007109

I doubt I'll be able to make tomorrows but I'll do next Fridays just to familiarise myself with how to get into the online lobby etc.

I will be able to make today now. Just won't be in for lobby opening. How do i find the room when it goes live? (Sorry for the newbie questions!)

Practice lounge is live!

1472 - 6681 - 3286 - 8588 - 1732

Event finished!

I will be able to make today now. Just won't be in for lobby opening. How do i find the room when it goes live? (Sorry for the newbie questions!)

Easiest way is to head to the open lobby section of the game and search for the room number I just posted.

Other way is to head to the community section, go to the club page, and head to the club lobby section. The room should be there, as well.

Last edited:
Was just thinking about asking this same question a little earlier.

If the practise session last weekend was anything to go by, then times between 2:10 and 2:15 2:13 are likely to be competitive.

Last edited:
One thing I've found is that these cars get faster as the fuel drains out. It's quite noticeable the difference it makes.

well that makes me feel better. I've been able to get in the high 13's in 3 or 4 laps. now if I could only get good braking points at night I would be okay.

you decide on the tire & fuel wear yet?

well that makes me feel better. I've been able to get in the high 13's in 3 or 4 laps. now if I could only get good braking points at night I would be okay.

you decide on the tire & fuel wear yet?

Yes I have :D

Update Post

We are going to run with FAST tire wear and fuel consumption. I have mentioned before, and can now confirm, that tire wear for these cars is pretty light. This is to help prevent people falling asleep from a 75 minute stint. (I might have made that number up, but it's a long time...)

Since this is an endurance race, there will be no mandatory number of pit stops you have to complete. Strategy is completely up to you.

Last official practice lounge will be up on Friday at around 1:00 pm EST. See you guys later!

Hey @flip55 , was speaking to a few of the guys I race with in another series about this race and they said they're interested in taking part.

@cameronburner @TNR_KING_FILO and one other who has yet to join GTP.

Should make the race more interesting with a few more decent drivers in the field :)

Thanks mate! 👍 I've raced with the TNR guys before, they're more than welcome on the grid!

could i take the Amemiya AsparaDrink colours rx7?

Yep!

Flip, I have my Garaiya, so, I just need to do some setups and then I'm ready for the race! 👍

Is there a chance of raining on the race?

Flip, I have my Garaiya, so, I just need to do some setups and then I'm ready for the race! 👍

Is there a chance of raining on the race?

If there is, it will be a very low chance of rain. But I know this game well, and a 'low' chance can turn into a total monsoon on lap 3. I'll double check the setting I have before race day to make sure that doesn't happen.

Practice will be going live in about an hour. (1:00 pm EST USA) :D

Also, to give the ST2 side of things a little more numbers, I'll jump into my backup car, which is the KTM X - bow for this event. That means that if someone wants the #61 Subaru livery, that is now open.

If there is, it will be a very low chance of rain. But I know this game well, and a 'low' chance can turn into a total monsoon on lap 3. I'll double check the setting I have before race day to make sure that doesn't happen.
Okay. Is change oil required? Or recommended?

Ideally, GT6 could have a literal chance of rain. If there is 0% chance, there is 0% chance. Much more clear.

Back