[GTGC] -- Autumn Touring Car Classic @ Bathurst | EVENT FINISHEDFinished 

• Thread starter flip55
  • 90 comments
United States
Satellite of Love
flip157

Welcome to the thread for the Gentlemen's Cup Touring Car Classic!
This event will be a 2 hour endurance race at Mount Panorama. All are welcome to join in!
The cars for this event are split into two categories: GT300 from Super GT, and a class we've created called ST2. Both classes are the same speed and will be competing for the overall standings.

Race and practice lounges will be held in our group lobby! Be sure to join our group in the game!
Group ID: 1007109

Race day will be on November 21st, 2015.
1:00 pm EST USA/Canada
10:00 am PST USA/Canada
6:00 pm GMT UK

5:00 am AEDT AUS (Nov. 22nd)

Race times are in Eastern Standard Time, USA.
  • 1:00pm EST -- Room opens for a quick test/tune session.
  • 1:15pm EST -- Qualifying -- Everyone on track for 15 minutes.
  • 1:30pm EST -- Main Event -- Race begins immediately after qualifying. Race time will be 2 hours.

Full specs are in the spoiler tabs bellow for each class. Please note that both classes have been set up to be the same speed. So you will be competing with everyone on track.
Only 3 of each car will be allowed for the race.

Everyone should be familiar with GT300! Loads of downforce and tons of grip, which lead to a very predictable handling package. These are extremely sophisticated race cars that are loads of fun to drive and race in!

**NO POWER MODS ALLOWED FOR GT300.**
***Subaru Imprezza GT300 has been omitted for this event due to the advantage the car may have in the rain from its AWD.

2/3 Available
#43 ARTA Autobacs Colors -- 1/1 Available

2/3 Available
#19 Wed Sport Colors -- 1/1 Available

0/3 Available
#7 Amemiya AsparaDrink Colors -- 0/1 Available

2/3 Available
#61 Subaru BRZ R&D SPORT Colors -- 1/1 Available

This is a class we sort of... well, almost entirely threw together for no reason. ST2 is a mix of old school touring cars and super lightweight track cars. These cars have less aero grip than the GT300s, which is noticable. With that being said, they have some extra legs on the straights. Fun to drive, and still super quick!

2/3 Available

*For the KTM, full suspension, transmission, and drivetrain modifications should also be made.
Body kit pictured above optional.
2/3 Available

2/3 Available

2/3 Available

There is NO requirement for your ST2 car to be green. I just happen to like that shade of green, as it appears...​

Mount Panorama
(You should know what it looks like, but in case you don't...)

We'll take to the mountain for this event!
Weather will be randomized for the race. Qualifying will be in the dry. There will be part day time and part night time driving in this race, so make sure you can drive this place in the dark!
In game start time has yet to be determined, but will be updated very shortly.
A good guide line to always follow is the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules. To be direct, race smart and race clean. All drivers will be expected to keep two wheels on the track at all times, unless otherwise stated in a future post.

Lapped drivers, or drivers about to lose a lap to a lead car, are expected to give way to lead drivers in the safest way possible. It is also the responsibility of the lead driver to complete the pass in the safest way possible. If we had a better blue flag system, we'd use it. But we have to be self policing here.

More information on times/dates in Post #3.
  • October 31st -- Early test/tune lounge
  • November 7th -- Official practice/tuning lounge
  • Weekend of November 14th/15th -- TBA
  • November 21st -- Race day!

Please provide the following information in a reply with the following information:

GTP ID:
PSN ID:
Category/Car:
Car Number:*

*Please refrain from choosing numbers 7, 19, 43, and 61, as not to cause confusion with the team cars in GT300. If you would like one of those cars, they are available to one driver. See above for details.

Additional Information
  • RH tires only
  • Tire/fuel -- FAST
  • Slipstream -- REAL
  • Grip reduction -- REAL
  • Mechanical damage -- Heavy
  • ABS and driving line will be optional
  • Flip157 will be the room host
This thread will be continuously updated as we progress. If you're interested in running, feel free to comment below. Any input will be greatly appreciated. We thank you for taking time to read this and we hope to see you on the track!

Last edited:

16 Drivers Max. No driver caps for each class.
Total -- 11
Room host - flip157
(PSN ID | Car | Number)

GT300
HarskGaming96 | Autobacs Garaiya | #96
RacingAtHome | Lexus IS350 | #74

Willicks | Subaru BRZ | #33
socalspeedfreak | Mazda RX7 | #69

TNR_FILO | Mazda RX7 | #7 (RE Amemiya Livery)
Ebojager | Lexus IS350 | TBA
Dandan_mcf | Mazda RX7 | #78

ST2
draqua_fresh | Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 | TBA
aboe_83 | Lotus 111R Elise | #83
flip157 | KTM X - Bow | 92

g**_on_this18 | Nissan S15 TC | #77

Last edited:
Important Dates

Oct. 31
I know this is sort of last minute, but I will be on today at about 1:00 pm just to make sure that times are alright. So if you're on at that time, you can join in the room.

Nov. 7
Test/tune practice session.
Room will open at 1:00 pm EST.

(10:00 am PST USA, 6:00 pm GMT UK)

Nov 13th -- Practice 1:00 pm EST
Nov 20th -- Practice 1:00 pm EST

Nov. 21: Race day!

Last edited:
If the race is at 1:00 pm EST, then I will be able to race, as it will be 6:00 pm UK for me.

GTP ID: Harsk100
PSN ID: HarskGaming96
Category/Car: GT300/Autobacs Garaiya GT300 Base Model
Car Number:* #96

If the race is at 1:00 pm EST, then I will be able to race, as it will be 6:00 pm UK for me.

GTP ID: Harsk100
PSN ID: HarskGaming96
Category/Car: GT300/Autobacs Garaiya GT300 Base Model
Car Number:* #96

Thanks for that! Glad to see this works for parts of Europe.

I'll have a room going for a little while. (At least until qualifying in Mexico :) )

1472 - 4711 - 0038 - 4891 - 1270

Last edited:
Times are now official. Next week, we'll have a practice lounge up at 1:00pm EST, Saturday, November 7th. Hope to see you guys there!

I'll have a practice room up later today at 1:00pm EST, it'll go on for about an hour. All are welcome to grab a car above and join in!

Practice lounge is up!

1472 - 4711 - 0038 - 4891 - 6294

Event finished

Last edited:
Reg Update:

The KTM X - Bow specs have been updated. The car has been relieved 60kg of weight. The car is now at 930kg with +160kg of ballast. The new specs have been updated in the spec card above.

Race Update:

In game start time for the race will be at 17:00. The time progression will be set to 1.

The race has also been added to our group calendar! See the link below!

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/clubid/1007109/event/1056646/

Hi there. It's aboe_83, the guy who joined the practise lobby on Saturday.

Please put me down for a spot in the race.

GTP ID: aboe
PSN ID: aboe_83
Category/Car: ST2 / Lotus Elise Race Car
Car #: 8

I'm very interested, would be my first proper gt event! I'll start learning the track properly.
If there's anything i should know as a newby to GT please let me know :)

GTP ID: willicks
PSN ID: willicks
Category/Car: lexus is350 gt300
Car Number: #19 Wedsport

Flip, I don't know if I'll be making to the race, as I'm going to hospital to see my uncle which is curent ill. Could you send me a club invite so I can join, please?

Flip, I don't know if I'll be making to the race, as I'm going to hospital to see my uncle which is curent ill. Could you send me a club invite so I can join, please?

Thanks for the heads up. Sorry to hear, sending best wishes. I'll send an invite out shortly.

I'm very interested, would be my first proper gt event! I'll start learning the track properly.
If there's anything i should know as a newby to GT please let me know :)

GTP ID: willicks
PSN ID: willicks
Category/Car: lexus is350 gt300
Car Number: #19 Wedsport

Welcome!
Major thing for this event is to make sure you can drive it comfortably in the night time. The race will happen during sunset in game time and go to complete darkness. It becomes a different beast when the floodlights come on.
Anything else you need to know, feel free to ask. :)

Thanks for the heads up. Sorry to hear, sending best wishes. I'll send an invite out shortly.

Welcome!
Major thing for this event is to make sure you can drive it comfortably in the night time. The race will happen during sunset in game time and go to complete darkness. It becomes a different beast when the floodlights come on.
Anything else you need to know, feel free to ask. :)

Thank you, I'll practice the night racing then :)
Also my username is Willicks, not willikis haha! Looking forward to this!

Thanks,
Will

Also, it's worth reading the GTP OLR and The Good Racecraft Guide if you haven't already done so.

Not all series/races subscribe to those rules/guidelines, but they're a decent foundation and worth knowing.

👍

Whoops... I usually post these links in the OP of my series and event thread. Looks like I forgot to on this one.
I'll get on that.

Flip I'm in. Sorry to be so absent my travel schedule has been cra car. I should not have to travel anymore until next year so I will be around. Give me a day or so to look over the vehicle specs.

thanks!! my schedule was crazy. home maybe one or two days then back out for a week or two a few times. Good to be back!!

now if I can just not totally screw up the race start there again i'll be all good!! :(

I'm interested in it. Haven't played in forever, and most likely won't play much until a couple days before the race if that. Going for the blind car pick. Probably can't commit 100% but sign me up anyways, in the X-Bow.

Also, it's worth reading the GTP OLR and The Good Racecraft Guide if you haven't already done so.

Not all series/races subscribe to those rules/guidelines, but they're a decent foundation and worth knowing.

👍

Thanks for those, read through them. I'm a clean racer and I'll make sure I do my best. :)

Bought the car, got a base set up and had a quick sighting lap in the dark. Should be simple to get used to the night and what braking markers to use etc. Soooooo much grip compared to power. :D

Back