GTHD PAL - NEW DEMO ver. 2.0 HAVE FORCE FEEDBACK

• Thread starter amar212
  • 132 comments
PD, is so hard to publish some more pictures? I don't know how I will wait until release :indiff: :) Just give us some more shots from game...

I hope they read this board...

I would be very surprised if they read this board, I don't really know if its possible to contact PD as a fan.

Just grabbed the European demo from the PS Network Store. It is a 1.16 version, 680MB of uterly-slow download. Game is WITHOUT FFB. I hope the new version will come out soon, because 1.16 version is around one month old.

I can also confirm the Eropean PAL Rankings are ON and working flawlessly.

Three days untill official PS3 PAL launch, but as I can see on the leaderbooards - many GB and German players already have the console :).

However, nice FFB info comes from PAL Formula One Championship game - it has FFB, although not full. Only 240 degree is working on DFP, and with only one lamp/FFB-low-power-setting ON (like in GT3 for example). Gamee allso has dreadfull dead-sppot wich can't be calibrated, but whatever. Better than none - in any case.

Amar,

If these people already have the console could it be that they imported a US/Japanese version thus meaning that the PS3 is truly region free in the EU and can play online on EU servers? Actually I was wondering if you know whether EU games will work on another region PS3 as you tend to know quite alot of info early!

Oh and another question, are all the cars in GTHD the same for the EU demo?

Thanks! :)

Robin

However, nice FFB info comes from PAL Formula One Championship game - it has FFB, although not full. Only 240 degree is working on DFP, and with only one lamp/FFB-low-power-setting ON (like in GT3 for example). Gamee allso has dreadfull dead-spot wich can't be calibrated, but whatever. Better than none - in any case.

are you SURE about FFB ??

...If these people already have the console could it be that they imported a US/Japanese version thus meaning that the PS3 is truly region free in the EU and can play online on EU servers? Actually I was wondering if you know whether EU games will work on another region PS3 as you tend to know quite alot of info early! Oh and another question, are all the cars in GTHD the same for the EU demo?

Well, retail concoles for PAL are out for some time now - not in free sale until Friday, clearly - but I'm positive you can download a game form USA or JPN and install it on your console in PAL - as long as you have flat-screen TV where signal region does not mean anything.

As for games being region-free, I can tell you that JPN NTSC Resistance plays 100% on my PAL PS3, so that is basically it. Reverse should be no problem.

Cars and Eiger Norwand are the same. PAL PS Store kicked off yesterday - I've downloaded a demo from there.

are you SURE about FFB ??

Yes, since I've played the game whole afternoon yesterday :). I've posted some details in dedicated topic here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=77827&page=5

Just grabbed the European demo from the PS Network Store. It is a 1.16 version, 680MB of uterly-slow download. Game is WITHOUT FFB. I hope the new version will come out soon, because 1.16 version is around one month old.

Forgive me for asking, for I do not know...

As I'm sitting here behind a 100MBps connection at work... Is it possible to download the game onto a USB pen drive (I have a 2Gb one, so 680Mb is tosh all) and put it onto the PS3 that way, or does the PS3 have to download it itself?

Hm.. as far as I know, you can acces to PlayStation Online Store only through PS3, not via internet.

And your download speed has nothing to do with their servers, since they're obviously keeping their upload very low - few my friends who have Japanese/USA consoles for some time now had constant problems with download speed.

Translated - expect around 1 hour plus of download for GTHD at this point. As I know, tommorow Sony should put out 1.60 firmware for download which will allow download to remain "in the back" while you use the console, and 6 simultainous downloads.

At this point, you can only watch the download because you can't do nothing else.

Hm.. as far as I know, you can acces to PlayStation Online Store only through PS3, not via internet.

And your download speed has nothing to do with their servers, since they're obviously keeping their upload very low - few my friends who have Japanese/USA consoles for some time now had constant problems with download speed.

Translated - expect around 1 hour plus of download for GTHD at this point. As I know, tommorow Sony should put out 1.60 firmware for download which will allow download to remain "in the back" while you use the console, and 6 simultainous downloads.

At this point, you can only watch the download because you can't do nothing else.

Looks like I'll be carting the console into work with me on a regular basis then... :D

Havenae got a clue. But unmetered, hyperfast connection >>> lame home connection.

****snip****
Translated - expect around 1 hour plus of download for GTHD at this point. ****snip****

I am in the United States, in South Texas near the Mexican border, and I've downloaded the GTHD Demo twice already. My internet service provider is Time Warner Cable, and I am using a Netgear WGT624 v3 Wireless Router.

The first time that I downloaded the Demo, I hooked up the PS3 directly to my Netgear Router via a direct cable connection. As for the second time, I downloaded the Demo via the wireless connection from my bedroom, which is about 50 feet (and three walls) away from the Router.

Each time took no more than 20 minutes* to download and install this Demo. I really don't have a super fast internet service, and I don't understand why it takes others so long to download this Demo.

*YMMV

perhaps there is less demand in that area and less load on the servers? it took me about an hour, maybe a little less.

Forgive me for asking, for I do not know...

As I'm sitting here behind a 100MBps connection at work... Is it possible to download the game onto a USB pen drive (I have a 2Gb one, so 680Mb is tosh all) and put it onto the PS3 that way, or does the PS3 have to download it itself?
Even if you downloaded it through the internet from Work, you could be taking your chances to have the upload and download speed on your work PC lowered or even the ports shut down for a couple of days on your work PC.

Anyway it is a shame PD have already put up the leader boards for the PS3, even I think Sony should have waited until the 23rd, before launching the European PlayStation network.

Well, retail concoles for PAL are out for some time now - not in free sale until Friday, clearly - but I'm positive you can download a game form USA or JPN and install it on your console in PAL - as long as you have flat-screen TV where signal region does not mean anything.

As for games being region-free, I can tell you that JPN NTSC Resistance plays 100% on my PAL PS3, so that is basically it. Reverse should be no problem.

Cars and Eiger Norwand are the same. PAL PS Store kicked off yesterday - I've downloaded a demo from there.

Thankyou very much for the reply Amar, because I may be getting a console abroad and then hope to use PAL region games on it, I only hope PAL games work on the NTSC console (the opposite way round to your description).

I will have to wait and see what happens as more people who imported PS3's early on buy UK PAL games...I will probably ask in afew weeks.

Sony never totally confirmed (they said it ages ago as an idea) in solid stone that the PS3 was world wide region free, Ive heard of JPN to USA region free ability nothing about the EU PS3 until now. So we can assume that the PAL PS3 can play imported games, now I want to know if its will also work the other way.

Robin

Oh, and just out of interest, what server does your NTSC Resistance connect to when playing online? Is it possible to connect to the EU servers?

I downloaded the 680mb Demo at almost 1mb/sec. 1 mississippi = almost 1mb..)

Im happy with the download speed.

Yes, since I've played the game whole afternoon yesterday :). I've posted some details in dedicated topic here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=77827&page=5

I found nothing at that link that helps me to understand if there is Force Feedback in GTHD, wich is my only concern since the informations I have is that there is no FFB support, even a friend of mine cant even manage to put DFP to play with GTHD (Japanese console + Japanese Demo)

I found nothing at that link that helps me to understand if there is Force Feedback in GTHD, wich is my only concern since the informations I have is that there is no FFB support, even a friend of mine cant even manage to put DFP to play with GTHD (Japanese console + Japanese Demo)

that link reffered to F1 game, not GTHD. GTHD demo - which was available utill today, midnight 22.3. had no FFD.

However, at this very moment there is BRAND NEW DEMO available at PAL store and I am downloading it - it is called GTHD DEMO 2.0, it has 680MB - last "1.16" version had 689MB if I remeber well - and I have no idea what it is. We'll see after the download finishes. With my 1MB dwnlspeed and fact my ISP is from Croatia it wil take two hours I guess :(

BTW This my first post on GTPlanet made on PS3 and I am very proud about that :) But typing with keyboard and controller is killing me..

that link reffered to F1 game, not GTHD. GTHD demo - which was available utill today, midnight 22.3. had no FFD. Hhowever, at this very moment there is BRAND NEW DEMO available at PAL store and I am downloading it - it is called GTHD DEMO 2.0 and I haave no idea what it is. We'll see after the download finishes.

Some hope then! :)
Please let us know asap 👍

Thanks in advance :)

With my 1MB dwnlspeed and fact my ISP is from Croatia it wil take two hours I guess :(

BTW This my first post on GTPlanet made on PS3 and I am very proud about that :) But typing with keyboard and controller is killing me..

Didn't knew that you could access this forums using PS3 👍

Take all the time you need to download, just dont wait to tell us after trying it :) I would like to buy it tomorrow but without FFB in GTHD I wont :grumpy:

Always happy to share the good news, and even more happy when sharing the great news :).

New GTHD demo - labeled 2.0 inPlayStation Store - have the force feedback. The 2.0 was available from PAL store from midnight. Once downloaded, the game will just overwrite your existing data, maintaing your progress in-game. However, the version of the game in "instruction" section will still be labeled 1.16.

In attachment you can find few pics of new functions. You can choose between 2 strenghts of FFB.

As it is almost 3 AM in Croatia, I didn't bother to connect to Rankings, but I heard that the whole PAL database made in past few days by users who had the console earlier was deleted. Starting from sccratch then. I guess the new Rankings will start tomorrow (maybe even with separate rankings depending of tyres, but that is more hopeful wish of all N type users including myself...).

Nice night for me, see you at the leaderboards tommorow :D.

Attachments

• P1000495.jpg
    P1000495.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 94
  • P1000494.jpg
    P1000494.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 93
  • P1000496.jpg
    P1000496.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 97
  • P1000497.jpg
    P1000497.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 84
New GTHD demo - labeled 2.0 inPlayStation Store - have the force feedback. [/COLOR] The 2.0 was available from PAL store from midnight.
I just noticed that myself. Caught me off gaurd because just yesterday, the [URL="https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2609361&postcount=155"]UK PS Store had the same v.1.1[/URL] as the other stores.

So here are the different GT:HD downlaods currently available that I can see:
  • US Store: GT:HD 1.1 = 626 MB
  • HK Store: GT:HD 1.1 = 631 MB
  • UK Store: GT:HD 2.0 = 690 MB
If anyone knows all the differences between these (besides FFB), especially 1.1 vs 2.0 - please post them here.

Latest Posts

Back