GTHD PAL - NEW DEMO ver. 2.0 HAVE FORCE FEEDBACK

• Thread starter amar212
  • 132 comments
So is there any difference in version 2.0 besides FFB? The Xanavi Super GT car from the Nismo festival included?

Seems a little odd to me to jump upto 2.0 and only add FFB.

Thanks for the info amar 👍

I end buying the PS3, GTHD is really amazing and G25 is working fine, not really suported but its used as DFP 👍

The leaderboard is a nice addition 👍 however I belive some changes deserve to be consider in orther to avoid people driving all over the place cuting corners and such since is what is happen right now and there is no way to prevent it :indiff: 👎

There is 10 cars + same tuned 10 cars = 20
Not sure if this what there before, but other than FFB I belive there is anything different

T... however I belive some changes deserve to be consider in orther to avoid people driving all over the place cuting corners and such since is what is happen right now and there is no way to prevent it

I have to say I have few times inside top 5 for certain cars at this point (even had two 1st places yesterday), but cutting corners is not an option for me and majority of drivers who holds top spots. Of course, 2-whells-on-the-track rule is always there, since drive-out zones are part of the track - because Eiger doesn't have rumble stripes.

And good is that Eiger isn't a "cutting" track at all - you can try to cut something, but it's not going to give you advantage - you'll loose time or spin. So, it's a good track for "cleaners".

Until yesterday I saw only 1 corner beeing cuted, but today... take a look at TAKU_PUSH_PUSH with Mazda Eunos Roadster... :crazy:

My nick there is GProKart, yours is?

So is there any difference in version 2.0 besides FFB? The Xanavi Super GT car from the Nismo festival included?

Seems a little odd to me to jump upto 2.0 and only add FFB.
The Xanavi isn't in it.

I'm not sure if there are any other differences, as I've not played the previous versions. But it's certainly the same (only) track and cars though.

USA CONFIRMED FFB

This will load your scores onto the Europe servers...
But NTSC can play with ffb in gthd now...
International scoring here we come!

Completed my download last night and installed this morning. :)
Thanks for confirming.

See you guys on the international drift trials.
:cheers:

I'm planning on getting mine by the end of the week(Middle East and North Africa MENA release of the PS3 was on the 23rd PAL version) , so can I play GTHD on a non HD tv ?

Yes. I've been playing it on a Sony Wega CRT.

Though I really shouldn't have bothered.

Until yesterday I saw only 1 corner beeing cuted, but today... take a look at TAKU_PUSH_PUSH with Mazda Eunos Roadster... :crazy:

My nick there is GProKart, yours is?

I will see you on the leaderboards soon, I have a connection at home but the cable won't reach it. I am going to get a longer cable today so that I can finally see what a good time in the Ferrari is!

Very disappointed?

It's "not very good". I'll give it a whirl with a DFP later for comparison, but it's not looking great.

It looks very pretty - though for the first time in a GT series, the trackside replays look fake and poorer than the actual driving - and the sounds are different enough for one to distinguish the cars by note. In fact, the Ferrari even has a bit of a snarl, but it sounds nothing like a V12 Ferrari.

They've done something odd to the handling model that I can't quite fathom. In fact it seems to handle a lot like GT4: Prologue, and not in a good way.

Oh, and the leaderboards are full of lawnmowers. I watched quite a fair few of the replays - I even picked out a name I recognise (though I don't recall who it was right now, as there were a few recognisable names) which had a replay, and even they were mowing out of the hairpins before the bridge.

Besides which, I hate the track. Why they couldn't have given us a nice visual update of Grand Valley I don't know.

It's "not very good". I'll give it a whirl with a DFP later for comparison, but it's not looking great.

It looks very pretty - though for the first time in a GT series, the trackside replays look fake and poorer than the actual driving - and the sounds are different enough for one to distinguish the cars by note. In fact, the Ferrari even has a bit of a snarl, but it sounds nothing like a V12 Ferrari.

They've done something odd to the handling model that I can't quite fathom. In fact it seems to handle a lot like GT4: Prologue, and not in a good way.

Oh, and the leaderboards are full of lawnmowers. I watched quite a fair few of the replays - I even picked out a name I recognise (though I don't recall who it was right now, as there were a few recognisable names) which had a replay, and even they were mowing out of the hairpins before the bridge.

Besides which, I hate the track. Why they couldn't have given us a nice visual update of Grand Valley I don't know.

Well to me everything seems to be an improvement except for the sound. I will agree and say that the sound is shocking, but it has never been good anyway so there is no need to be surprised.

On the handling front, it seems to be much more realistic. You can now spin the car, and hey - the handbrake actually works! To me those are two pluses, based on experience in real life racing I can tell you that the physics are more close to reality than before. Sure the physics do need more work but it is still an improvement.

With regard to the track, I am glad they didn't just chuck in a pretty version of a course we already know, that would be a bit silly. This track is technical which is great, I can't see anything wrong with it really, it's just new thats all.

On the handling front, it seems to be much more realistic. You can now spin the car, and hey - the handbrake actually works! To me those are two pluses, based on experience in real life racing I can tell you that the physics are more close to reality than before. Sure the physics do need more work but it is still an improvement.

I think they've sacrificed some of the driveability of the game and made controller use quite difficult - as they did with GT4: Prologue, amusingly. Though I'll reserve judgement until I've had a thrap with the wheel.

I think they've sacrificed some of the driveability of the game and made controller use quite difficult - as they did with GT4: Prologue, amusingly. Though I'll reserve judgement until I've had a thrap with the wheel.

Oh, well I can tell you that the wheel does make a big difference.👍

Well, there was a nice time in the very first day when everybody was driving nice and clean. Then demo went full-public, cutting grass has started and now it's a rule for topping the leaderboards. No surprises there.

Still, I have to admit that best times are driven with clean racing. Cutting won't do you much good with these physics.

I really agree with David 👍

PD is doing great overall improvements, so keep it up for GT5 👍

Something must be done to prevent what is happening at the leaderboard wich is a shame to see 👎

I really agree with David 👍

PD is doing great overall improvements, so keep it up for GT5 👍

Something must be done to prevent what is happening at the leaderboard wich is a shame to see 👎

[shameful plug]Just post your times at gtplayground[/shameful plug]

I think it's alright... it's a bit tougher to get a clean lap, esp. with the more powerful cars like the Ferrari 599, as you have to go easy on the throttle when coming out of a slow turn (of which there are plenty)... I've noticed that there is too much emphasis on drifting for my liking, however... it seems to get a quick laptime, you have to incorporate atleast some drifting. I've never been a drift fan, so I find this slightly disconcerting... As for the track, I think it's alright, but I prefer it in the reverse direction for some reason.

[shameful plug]Just post your times at gtplayground[/shameful plug]

Yes, I will do that later 👍

BTW its now easy to copy a replay file to our PC, however I didnt try the other way around yet, guess there is no problem but have anyone try this already?

I want to see if it is possible to go via your PS3 and post the time onto gtplayground, if that is possible then it will be quicker and easier to get replays and to post times.

I have done a relatively fast time in the Ferrari and I have conntected via wi-fi to the net but how do I get the time onto the leaderboard and how do I register my user name?

Does it use the username that you enter when you are in the PS3 operating system? Or can you register a different username?

You have to be signed in to the PS network, and it automatically uses your PS Netowrk name for submissions. It will automatically submit your time so long as you are signed in and give you a 'provisional ranking'... after a short while, your name will appear in the rankings list (but only if you are in the top 10 fastest times...) I had a few times up on Sunday but they've since been washed away...

Ok cool, last night my time would have put me second on a pathetic 1'08.2 so it looks like I will have to do it again tonight...

Ok cool, last night my time would have put me second on a pathetic 1'08.2 so it looks like I will have to do it again tonight...

Stunning time there 👍
just sign in and it might update your ranks, not sure if will work this way...but sure I would love to watch it 👍

Stunning time there 👍
just sign in and it might update your ranks, not sure if will work this way...but sure I would love to watch it 👍

Its not so great, the current record is a 1'06.8, so a low 1'07 would be a good time.

Check out this site BTW: http://gt.hobby-site.com/

It shows the GTHD rankings and it has some youtube replays 👍 👍 👍

EDIT: 1'07.941

I entered the time onto GTPlayground straight from the PS3 but it didn't let me upload the file. I am going to try again tonight, I have one othe idea...

that gt site is cool, i like how they have the all-time category.
but the japanese times are crazy good....they must be really hardcore with gt

that gt site is cool, i like how they have the all-time category.
but the japanese times are crazy good....they must be really hardcore with gt

I think they have had more time than us to be honest. The europeans will get there soon I think.

Depends on if you were used to driving with the d-pad or with the analog sticks though. Because with the new analog sticks, I think it's pretty ok. Haven't tried mapping the brake and throttle to the rear yet, which should help too.

One would hope that we'll still get some updates on this front. I was very surprised that they got this out so soon. The replays clearly aren't 60fps yet, sometimes not even 30. And the sound should get some improvements for sure.

They fixed it, imho, which is great. The MX-5 is the way it should be now, with its capability for balanced drifts and the Evo suddenly completely the car you recognise, with proper 4WD balancing and everything.

My username there is niwrA. I tried a few laps in the Ferrari and got a first time in the reverse track after my first session (very few times on that leaderboard right then). Your time is always updated, and my fastest lap happened to have two wheels on the grass at the time, though that isn't actually necessarily faster in the Ferrari. In fact, I was surprised to see that all the top times I watched were clean (as it does seem faster to stay on the track in this game), but that could have changed since.

I'm happy we got a new track. The only good thing about an existing one would have been that we could compare them more closely, but I'd have been bored with this demo a lot sooner as well. The up/downhill hairpins are great and they also highlight the maximum turning circle of the cars - the Ferrari having a noticeably wider turn circle.

By the way, kart, if you're not using your current name for the leaderboards, which username do you have?

By the way, kart, if you're not using your current name for the leaderboards, which username do you have?

It is kartno38. I checked last night to see if my name was on the leaderboard which it was. I am using the tuned Ferrari BTW.

Nice to see you though Arwin.

Back