GTHD Special Edition

• Thread starter bbchio
  • 48 comments
Just a quick news : there is a special edition of GTHD released during the LeMans 24 hours... the Audi's are sweet looking....

Details: http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/news/d823.html (in Japanese)

nws11815571664924097.jpg

I might hazard a guess that they will use the La Sarthe circuit (Le Mans)... that's certainly what the picture with the Dunlop bridge is of, anyway...

Can anyone translate these pages for us??

if it's Le Mans special edition, I'd assume it's the Le Mans track... Circuit de La Sarthe

EDIT: Tree'd!

? ? 3? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 24? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 1? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 4? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 3? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? TT? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? R8? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 24? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 2006? ? ? ? 24? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 24? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? (? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ) ? ? ? ? ? R8? ? ? ? ? (? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? )

Gee thanks Babelfish, that clears things up a bit :rolleyes:

Hmmm, I'm guessing that one needs to be able to cut and paste the Japanese characters into a translator like Babelfish.... does anybody know how to configure Firefox to enable Japanese script? (I've tried adding Japanese as a language under Tools/Options/Advanced/Languages but it still appears as ????'s to me...

Does it say anything about whether or not this is going to be a downloadable update available through the Playstation Store??

My browser displays the Japanese script, its just that babelfish doesn't seem to be able to read it!?

This is the translation with Babelfish ;)
Releasing ' GTHD concept ' アウディ special edition at ル man 24 hour

2007 June 12th

In ル man city of local France where one "ル man 24 hour race/lace" of worldwide 3 large races/laces is done, it directed to the decision of this week end and more and more ル man weak started.

As for this 1 week celebration and event jostling. Already in the city the audience successively has gotten together in order to look at the race/lace of tradition from in the world.

' グランツーリスモ ' at inside the meeting place of the ブガッティ circuit, it is up-to-date demonstration, ' Glan two lith モ HD concept ' アウディスペシャルバージョン is released.

With this demonstration ' グランツーリスモ 4 ' with you adapt, the "サルト circuit" is for the first time released with "place t Shaun 3". In addition, the "new model アウディ TT coupe", furthermore up-to-date sport car "アウディ R8" of topic was prepared in the recording car.

The latest special version becomes release at only of the meeting place, but in the future please expect ' to the グランツーリスモ ' series.

News: At ル man 24 hour race/lace supporting "ペスカローロ sport"

Special edition: 2006 ル man 24 hour race/lace local report

ル man 24 hour race/lace official web sight (French. There is a part English page)

アウディ R8 official sight (German and English etc.)

Sounds like they've done a La Sarthe demo with a couple of new to GT:HD cars (TT & R8). I think they must a stand at the circuit playing the demo only during this Le Mans week.

I had a quick look at the Le Mans website earlier and it looks like there is a Michelin Stand with loads of game-type stuff going on - including gaming consoles etc., although no specific mention of Gran Turismo or even Playstation. It could also be an Audi promo disc, but who knows...

So it looks like PD's picking Audi to win Le Mans this year since this is an Audi demo... ^_^ Oh... back to the topic. This looks killer. I am pretty hopeful I get to race both cars in one-off practice runs at PS3 kiosks. But considering how slow some electronics stores and electronic sections can be at updating content, it may be a while. If not Le Mans, then at least let us be able to race this deal around Eiger Nordwand. I'll just remember to stay FAR away from trying to drift a Le Mans Prototype. My last note on Audi is about what it would be like to have the Audi R10 in addition to the R8 either in a future GTHD or in GT5.

With the inclusion of Le Mans for this one-off, it may open some opportunity towards pack racing for the first time in GTHD. This is especially if there are plans to release some sort of new course for drifting as well as pack racing and time trials. I know I'm stretching this out too far, but I'd love to do some racing with this package while GT5 is in the works. Once again, looking great.

.... If not Le Mans, then at least let us be able to race this deal around Eiger Nordwand. I'll just remember to stay FAR away from trying to drift a Le Mans Prototype. My last note on Audi is about what it would be like to have the Audi R10 in addition to the R8 either in a future GTHD or in GT5.

Looking at the pictures on the Japanese site John, i think the R8 in question is the recent R8 road car rather than the multiple Le Mans winning R8 racer. Which is a shame.

This is interesting news.

This is the first time we might get to compare like for like. What I mean is that we'll be able to compare La Sarthe circuit from GT HD against the GT4 version.

This could be the first time we get to see just how much work PD are putting into GT5. That is unless PD give us the GT4 version of the circuit.

I had a quick look at the Le Mans website earlier and it looks like there is a Michelin Stand with loads of game-type stuff going on - including gaming consoles etc., although no specific mention of Gran Turismo or even Playstation. It could also be an Audi promo disc, but who knows...

Ill keep an eye on that stand while im there over the weekend and let you know my friend. 👍

Spec....

I noticed the R8 road car now that I think about it. I wished Audi would better distinguish the two cars because I normally think of the dominating R8 LMP whenever I hear or read "Audi... R8." It's not a severe shame, though.

Interesting news, I only wonder if they are including a higher res GT4 verison of La Sarthe or a totally newly rendered and reworked (like a new track for example eiger) GTHD version.

Eiger is the only newly rendered track we have seen so far, everything else has been GT4 in 1080p...

Robin

I hope they do update GT HD, it really needs some new stuff and this would be awesome to have for the Le Mans weekend.

playstatic
If you’ve been waiting frantically for Gran Turismo 5 to be released following the cop-out that was GTHD (although it WAS free) then you’re in some luck. New information has just been released from an interview.

Kazinori Yamauchi of Polyphony Digital discussed this list of features for Gran Turismo 5 on Playstation 3. However, it should be noted that the list is from a translation and as of yet, none has been officially confirmed, in English;

All cars and tracks from GT4 will be included in GT5
More cars and tracks should be downloadable
4 driving views
Car damage
All Ferrari+ F1 cars

Porsche and Lamborghini brands to be confirmed
Indianapolis may feature

A game will be release before Gran Turismo 5, this is presumed to be Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
New city tracks
Online drivers 12-20
Dynamic weather during races

the full story

I know the video is a few weeks old but I hadn't found a translation of some items that are listed. I hadn't thought of Indy being included but that is a good idea. Hopefully it would be the oval and the road versions. A confirmation of Dynamic weather, all Ferrari’s and car damage! I hope these guys really know their French!

Hello everyone,

The translations are accurate. The KY interview & the article from the French magazine Joypad was fully translated by myself, GTXLR & Fanagt on the GT5 forum.

It's under "more news about GT5...." It's on page 5, 6 & 7.

I went to Le Mans yesterday and i'have played the new demo ! One lap of the Le Mans Track in an audi R8. The visuals are quite nice, the ligths and shadows were well rendered, they looks very realistic. But the track doesn't look like PD rebuild it, some details looks "cheap" like the tire walls. But the rest was nice.
No cokpit view and no damage. :grumpy:
I didn't took my cam so i haven't any pic or vid for you, sorry guys...
Excuse my poor english

I went to Le Mans yesterday and i'have played the new demo ! One lap of the Le Mans Track in an audi R8. The visuals are quite nice, the ligths and shadows were well rendered, they looks very realistic. But the track doesn't look like PD rebuild it, some details looks "cheap" like the tire walls. But the rest was nice.
No cokpit view and no damage. :grumpy:
I didn't took my cam so i haven't any pic or vid for you, sorry guys...
Excuse my poor english

Thanks for this 👍

I would guess that their modelling of the track on this demo is little more than a higher-res version of what they did for GT4 and probably just a stop-gap. Mind you, their version of Le Sarthe in GT4 was a pretty good effort.

merci pour l'info! ton anglais etait parfait!

I thought La Sarthe in GT4 was great, but does this mean that we won't get this year's new & improved version of the track?

thanks for sharing the video.
looks cool, although the driver isn't really familiar with the track layout and he brakes to hard and to often :)

Nice video a couple of questions
1 How did you keep from getting into a fight when people kept walking in front of the camera?
2 Did you understand anything they were saying while playing?
3 What type of wheel were they using( if it was a G25 did you notice if the "pad" was removed from the clutch pedal)?

Back