'Gran Turismo 7' Future Updates Preview

Spain
Spain
Freeman_Cruz
Additional content and improvements are planned to be added to 'Gran Turismo 7' with future updates. The following is a list of what to expect:

・New courses
・New cars
・New World Circuits events
・More Mission races
・More Music Rally songs
・More engine parts to swap
・New Lobby features
・New Time Trials for 'Sport' mode
・Improvements to the penalty algorithm and overall quality of online races

Last edited:
Sounds exciting. I am going to assume that players must go to the GT Cafe to complete the task to unlock the DLC tracks & events whenever they come.

Last edited:
Eks
Very glad to see that they intend to expand the single player alongside the track and car list - one of my main concerns addressed there.
That's probably why they got rid of the traditional progression and instead made all events track-specific. Every time you add a track, players can find all the new races there. In GT Sport you had to go through the various event halls every time they added a new track with new races.

Good. They don't mention it, but it would be nice to get new gameplay features aswell. Dash cam + FOV slider would be a true game changer.

"Daily Races will start from Friday, 4 March on two channels, 'Daily Race A' and 'Daily Race B.' 'Daily Race C' will start from Monday, 14 March following a game update. Please note that the Daily Races will be updated at irregular intervals."

First patch coming in the next ten days and prior to the start of proper daily races. Very curious about the contents of that update.

"Daily Races will start from Friday, 4 March on two channels, 'Daily Race A' and 'Daily Race B.' 'Daily Race C' will start from Monday, 14 March following a game update. Please note that the Daily Races will be updated at irregular intervals."

First patch coming in the next ten days and prior to the start of proper daily races. Very curious about the contents of that update.
Tbh I can’t see the first patch containing anything more than some early bug fixes and minor online race alterations - if the pattern is somewhat identical to that of GT Sport, hopefully at the start of next month we should see the first content update with the (fingers crossed) car silhouettes and potential track corner teasers. However I certainly wouldn’t say no to some new cars and track(s) 10 days after initial launch but again, it’s probably something fairly minuscule.

Tbh I can’t see the first patch containing anything more than some early bug fixes and minor online race alterations - if the pattern is somewhat identical to that of GT Sport, hopefully at the start of next month we should see the first content update with the (fingers crossed) car silhouettes and potential track corner teasers. However I certainly wouldn’t say no to some new cars and track(s) 10 days after initial launch but again, it’s probably something fairly minuscule.
Except that on another future update page PD specifically says:

"Improvements to the penalty algorithm and overall quality of online races"

That sounds like more than minor alterations to me. Maybe I'm wrong but there's enough hinting tucked around that I'm very curious.

Last edited:
"New Lobby features" 🤔

Shuffle races_gif.gif

Last edited:
Additional content and improvements are planned to be added to 'Gran Turismo 7' with future updates. The following is a list of what to expect:

・New courses
・New cars
・New World Circuits events
・More Mission races
・More Music Rally songs
・More engine parts to swap
・New Lobby features
・New Time Trials for 'Sport' mode
・Improvements to the penalty algorithm and overall quality of online races

I hope that 24h races are planned in the list

I will always wonder why on Earth they removed shuffle racing for GT6. What was so wrong with it that they chose to leave it out?
I'm disappointed but not suprised. State of the art lighting but no 360 degree camera view in a 2022 game :lol:.
I loved the Sierra time rally mode in GT6, I'm sure they could easily use the Nurburgring and keep this mode in GT7 but no.

I will always wonder why on Earth they removed shuffle racing for GT6. What was so wrong with it that they chose to leave it out?

If I had the opportunity to ask Kazunori one single question, it would 100% be questioning the the deletion of Shuffle mode.

It so perfectly matched the spirit of the Gran Turismo series. A casual friendly racing mode, focused on fun, while also being a celebration of the diversity and differences between iconic cars of many different countries and eras. It deserved to be a large part of the future of Gran Turismo in its hey day, and got scrapped in favor of GT6's quick races, which later turned to Sport mode.

11 years after the release of GT5, it still has yet to be in another GT game. Makes no sense.

Latest Posts

Back