GTHD Special Edition

• Thread starter bbchio
  • 48 comments
Nice video a couple of questions
1 How did you keep from getting into a fight when people kept walking in front of the camera?
2 Did you understand anything they were saying while playing?
3 What type of wheel were they using( if it was a G25 did you notice if the "pad" was removed from the clutch pedal)?

Thanks!
So :

1 Ah this is the spirit of Le Mans :)
2 Yes because i'm french and no i didn't play it yesterday.i will try the demo this weekend!
3 Again i will see that this week end.I was too excited to see that hehe!

So Two more confirmed cars ('07 Audi TT 3.2 Quattro and '07 Audi R8 4.7 FSI)and still no one is tending to the master car list. And the spectators are still flat. Cant wait to see the GT5 version as opposed to this super GT4 La Sarthe. I hope you get to choose the R8's main color and side panel color seperately. And I cant wait to see a GT5 modeled R10. Seems I cant wait for a lot of things even though I dont have a choice.

ok, just watched the movie. I'm very impressed. The quality is very good. The display is very 'clean'.

Now listen up, did you guys notice that, when the driver shifted the gear, the accelerator gauge turned red for an instant. That somehow indicates that there will be a manuell option with clutch!

The wheel was a DFP 900°, the one i had was totaly out of order, only 1 LED of the two was on. Two cars were available but i haven't got the choice between the TT and the R8. Hope sony will share this demo on the PS Store...

ok, just watched the movie. I'm very impressed. The quality is very good. The display is very 'clean'.

Now listen up, did you guys notice that, when the driver shifted the gear, the accelerator gauge turned red for an instant. That somehow indicates that there will be a manuell option with clutch!

It actually does that in the regular version of GTHD as well... if you are using the in-car view, there is a bar to the right of the gear indicator (centre) that flashes red each time you change gear..

The wheel was a DFP 900°, the one i had was totaly out of order, only 1 LED of the two was on.

That means it's in 200° mode. There is a key combination that allows you to switch between the 2 i believe.

Thank you for the video, much better quality than I expected 👍

+rep

That means it's in 200° mode. There is a key combination that allows you to switch between the 2 i believe.

Yeah, pressing "Select+R3 then R1 (Right paddle)" will switch it back to 900°.

It actually does that in the regular version of GTHD as well... if you are using the in-car view, there is a bar to the right of the gear indicator (centre) that flashes red each time you change gear..

can't remember that i've seen that in the regular version...:ouch:

Does anyone else think the music during the video was absolutely excellent? And that that should be the kind of music Gran Turismo should have? I just love the first tune, it'd be perfect car selection music in arcade mode for example, or better yet, the intro movie to Gt5.

aswell as the music at granturismoworld.com

A quick look at the video shows that the Circuit de la Sarthe has not been updated. The Dunlop Chicane has not been reprofiled, the pit lane exit has not been moved, and Tertre Rouge is still the same. Even the old ACO building is still located behind the wall at the pit exit. That building was torn down in early 2006 to make way for the new paddock area and garages.

Nice one 👍

The track does look slightly different... there is alot more sun reflection from the tarmac, and there also looks to be some different markings in places too...

Noticed the Shell logo in the car selection screen.... what's that about?

The track doesn't look massively different. The lighting, especially the reflections on the track between Indianapolis and Arnage are a move in the right direction though 👍 The way the R8 moves through the Ford Chicanes before the start is also pretty impressive.

The only difference I noticed in the track was that the sliproads coming out from and going into the in-course are far more obvious... other than that, however, the changes seem purely cosmetic.

Back