GTJCC - CancelledOpen 

• Thread starter Ares85
  • 71 comments
I'll try to open a lobby for it later, assuming you guys are all joined in the Real Life Events club. We can either use Tsukuba or Trial Mountain since both tracks aren't on the calendar.

Im down for practice, however I do have one problem with the rules...
The whole getting penalised for being the fastest driver seems really unfair. I get that it is supposed to make races more close, but it is not very well tought out, a 12% power difference is huge, especially when races last from 20-30 minutes and it might just make the races more spread out than they would be. Why would I need to try qualify for a good position when it will get me penalised? I could just avoid qualifying and get a huge advantage over everybody else unless everyone does the same thing in which case we have a problem...

The whole getting penalised for being the fastest driver seems really unfair. I get that it is supposed to make races more close, but it is not very well tought out, a 12% power difference is huge, especially when races last from 20-30 minutes and it might just make the races more spread out than they would be. Why would I need to try qualify for a good position when it will get me penalised? I could just avoid qualifying and get a huge advantage over everybody else unless everyone does the same thing in which case we have a problem...
I have to agree, obviously these penalties are the same in principle as the ones we use in GTTCC but because we only run one race per race event here compared to 3 short races per event in GTTCC, I don't think having power penalties is even a good thing. If you really want to put some success handicap, then I suggest adding weight instead of decreasing power.

I'll post here whenever I get the lobby up, I should be able to stay from 11PM - 1AM GMT+2.

Last edited:
@Ares85, you think we can do some trial runs tonight before the actual test event next week? Just to test the regulations.

What say you, guys? @GTEFGHA, @CrazyJohn, @Gedi69

Huge apologies guys for being absent but to the end of the week I have night shifts and nails me a little more ending repair at home, as most try these cars together on the track because I did not have too much opportunity for such a test.

for next week from Monday to the test race at 100% I'll be available around 10:30 pm because I return to my normal shift.

Im down for practice, however I do have one problem with the rules...

I have to admit that the 12% limit of the power for the fastest driver is a lot, suggested this kind of punishment because being part of GTTCC7 noticed how some drivers are able to stand out from the rest, for a lot, when conducted my first tests of cars with the limits of power i came out that between the maximum power of cars and maximum limit of power (12%), the difference in times amounted to approximately two seconds,
If you have some of your own data associated with those limits, I'm the most open to suggestions.

Second, penalty weight, taking into account the possibility of moving ballast, instead of harm can still help to achieving a better result but i do not see a problem to apply weight penalty, instead of the power limit.

My first suggestion to the weight penalties would look like this:

1st - 80 kg
2nd - 60 kg
3rd - 45 kg
4th - 30 kg
5th - 15 kg

if you gus have others suggestions for penalty i'm open for ideas.

Huge apologies guys for being absent but to the end of the week I have night shifts and nails me a little more ending repair at home, as most try these cars together on the track because I did not have too much opportunity for such a test.
Don't worry, even I was late getting up and the I wasn't able to get a lobby up.

the difference in times amounted to approximately two seconds
That's just too big of a gap. Power limits should only slow cars down .5-1 second at most to provide for some closer racing but without spreading the penalty affected cars out too much.

The weight penalties sound fair enough 👍

Don't worry, even I was late getting up and the I wasn't able to get a lobby up.

That's just too big of a gap. Power limits should only slow cars down .5-1 second at most to provide for some closer racing but without spreading the penalty affected cars out too much.

The weight penalties sound fair enough 👍
Thanks m8, i will try to carry out a few tests and see what comes out,

I must also see if something can be done with the weight of the Honda, because at the present moment the maximum penalty of 80 kg exceeds the maximum of ballast adding

I have an idea, why not use the already built in feature called boost?
It might be the best solution since it's adaptable in race depending on who is the slowest

I have an idea, why not use the already built in feature called boost?
It might be the best solution since it's adaptable in race depending on who is the slowest
Please, anything but the boost. I don't think it's goingto be fair for drivers to possibly make mistakes and almost just shrug it off cause they get boosted back to the pack.

I updated the ballast penalty system, still cheking if i not overdone whit the 80 kg for first palce.

Ballast never works guys, just throwing my 2 cents in, hence why I, and other series, use power reductions. With extra ballast the car can be quicker and there won't be any handicap.

The 12% sounds like a lot, but it's never been that massive. Also, it's not like you have 12 and your main rival has 0. It will usually be spread out so your reduction compared to them isn't that much.

Ballast never works guys, just throwing my 2 cents in, hence why I, and other series, use power reductions. With extra ballast the car can be quicker and there won't be any handicap.

The 12% sounds like a lot, but it's never been that massive. Also, it's not like you have 12 and your main rival has 0. It will usually be spread out so your reduction compared to them isn't that much.

Hi Guys,
i have to agree with @True-blue-8, i conducted a couple of quick tests and reducing power works much better then ballast penalty, so most likely i will return to power limits but limited them to a maximum of 10% for first place.

After a few test whit power limits this morning i decided to stay whit my first concept for power limits penalty, the gap between 1st place and 6th is something about 2 second, so i thing it should work properly.

Sorry I won't be able to make the practise race tomorrow. The final of GTTCC was pushed back a week. How I will be free for the season opener

Sorry I won't be able to make the practise race tomorrow. The final of GTTCC was pushed back a week. How I will be free for the season opener
This series is on the next day after GTTCC. You and @Ares85 need to be open cause you're the ones racing for the Indies title. :lol:

If the GTTCC final is tomorrow evening i will br there for sure, after the final race of the GTTCC i will try to host a practice test event session for my series and how long it will last depends on when the GTTCC finish, It may also be the case that i shift start of my series to the week ahead.

If the GTTCC final is tomorrow evening i will br there for sure, after the final race of the GTTCC i will try to host a practice test event session for my series and how long it will last depends on when the GTTCC finish, It may also be the case that i shift start of my series to the week ahead.

Hej gents big sorry but i'm moving the test event for next Friday I have to get up early tomorrow than usual, I will try to change the calendar as soon as possible.

Back