(GTOR) | GT1 World Championship - Currently postponed.Open 

• Thread starter Mikey24
  • 669 comments

Should I continue to Rounds 3, 4 & 5 or leave the series as it is (postpone)?

• Carry on.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Stop/postpone.

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mikey24

(Banned)
Antarctica
Lost
mikey_2412
GTOR GT1 championship.jpg

In partnership with...

gtoracing-logo-png.276894

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Add mikey_2412 to participate in this series.

GT1 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is championship with the use of four cars, and running on Saturday's at 18:00 BST.

04:00 AEDT (Sunday morning)
13:00 EDT (Saturday afternoon)

To find your local time, click here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIA GT1 UPDATES BANNER.png

Keep up to date will all of the latest news and updates, posted right here on Post #1.

• March 01 (4:31PM GMT): Series officially restarted. (See page 5)
    • March 04 (9:00AM GMT): Car options go under revision.
    • March 05 (6:03PM GMT): Car specs v1.1 is released.
    • March 06 (9:55AM GMT): Series calendar goes under revision.
    • March 06 (3:10PM GMT): Car specs go under revision.
    • March 07 (2:37PM GMT): Car spec sheet (Google Drive) has been renovated and re-published.
    • March 09 (10:22AM GMT): Calendar has been updated. 8 rounds dropped to 6.
    • March 09 (3:06PM GMT): GTOR signs contract to support the FIA GT1 World Championship.
    • March 11 (8:30AM GMT): Car specs v1.2 officially released!
    • March 11 (1:45PM GMT): Car choice limits lifted.
    • March 11 (3:20PM GMT): Toyota spec altered.
    • March 12 (9:58AM GMT): GT6 community club opened for series.
    • March 13 (7:08PM GMT): Calendar updated.
    • March 14 (12:10AM GMT): Series renamed to (GTOR) GT1 World Championship.
    • March 15 (3:20AM GMT): New tyre rule introduced.
    • March 22 (12:25PM GMT): Car specs taken for altering.
    • March 22 (12:25PM GMT): Round 1 Silverstone officially disregarded. Nurburgring is now Round 1.
    • March 30 (11:35PM GMT): Car specs v1.3 released ahead of Round 1.
    • April 8 (2:13PM BST): Post #3 updated and Points updated.
    • April 10 (7:07PM BST): Tyre rule altered ahead of Round 2.
    • April 15 (10:26AM BST): Inactivity warning rule added to series.

Last edited:
FIA GT1 RULES BANNER.jpg

All drivers that sign up must agree to observe and follow the rules.
Warnings will be issued if the stewards believe your driving was considered 'dirty' or unfair.

Reprimands will be issued if the stewards believe that you have not taken the advice given by them and you continue to drive unfairly.

Time penalties will be added on to your finishing time if the stewards feel you have driven the race unacceptably. For example, if you have used the run offs to many times or have exceeded track limits too often. It is acceptable if it happens once every now and then, but constantly will not be accepted.

Bans will occur if you are considered to be aggressive, or a 'bully' to others on or off the circuit.

There will be no set penalty system, there are too many variables. The stewards will hand out what is believed to be an acceptable punishment.

If you are believed to be inactive after signing up (i.e. not responding to the thread, not acknowledging anything being said on the thread and not being online while the room is open, without a given reason) then you will start to receive warnings until you become active again. Nonetheless, these warnings will not be withdrawn and will retain so if you become active again and receive another warning then you're getting taken off the drivers' list.
Being inactive and receiving two warnings will automatically remove you from the drivers' list. You can sign up again once this has happened but if you are believed to become inactive again then you will no longer be welcome to sign up.

FIA GT1 TYRE RULE BANNER.jpg

In all races drivers must use both Racing Medium and Racing Hard tyres. If there is a reasonable explanation as to why a driver did not use both compounds then they will not be subject to penalty. However, if there is not a reasonable explanation then the offending driver will be subject to penalty.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIA GT1 CALENDAR BANNER LINK.jpg

FIA GT1 REGULATIONS BANNER LINK.jpg

All images are hyper-linked.

FIA GT1 ROOM SETTINGS BANNER.jpg

Room Mode - P/Q/E or P/Q/R
Grid - Grid Start with False Start Penalty.
Boost - Off.
Slipstream - Real.
Mechanical Damage - None.
Visible Damage - On.
Tyres - Racing:Medium or less.
Tyre/Fuel Consumption - Normal.
Penalties - None.
Race Finish Delay - 180 seconds. Any drivers that do not finish within 3 minutes of the leader will still be classified and handed full points.
Number of Pit Stop(s) - 1 stop.
Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge - Real.

Driving Assists - only ABS and Driving Line are permitted.

FIA GT1 SIGN UP BANNER.jpg

To sign up, please post a reply with:
GTP Name:
PSN Name:
Car Choice:
Car Number:

Last edited:
FIA GT1 SIGN UP LIST BANNER.jpg

BMW:

23px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png
Doomstorm16
/ doomstorm16 / #16

23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png
TRL_Andromeda
/ TRL_Andromeda / #90

23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
Drex124
/ Drex125 / #46

Mercedes-Benz:

SK8RBOI
/ FRS_SK8R / #69

Sinyster
/ SinysterPlague / #51

Nissan:

Mikey24
/ mikey_2412 / #24

TNR_KING_FILO
/ TNR_FILO / #65

23px-Flag_of_Slovenia.svg.png
andp132
/ AndroR35 / #29

23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png
Pubs16
/ pubes16 / #18

23px-Flag_of_Croatia.svg.png
PhaedrusSocrate
/ PhaedrusSocrates / #50

obrandito / Sworned / #TBA

Toyota:

23px-Flag_of_Indonesia.svg.png
gtic_ybear
/ GTOS_Polarbear_ / #97

swiftsmith
/ smith1001 / #6

1Lambofan
/ D122773 / #23

JMoney / JMoney-689 / #7

GAN SAN / tony1311 / #44

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Undecided:

(Space open)

Key:

Italics denotes part time drivers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIA GT1 NEXT RACE BANNER.jpg

ROUND 3 AT MONZA!

1280px-Monza_track_map.svg.png

Autodromo Nazionale Monza

SATURDAY 18TH APRIL 2015

Room will open at 18:00 BST.

Practice will last for half an hour before everyone should be in the room.

Qualifying will start at 18:30 BST and will last for 15 minutes.

The race will then last 90 minutes and weather should be dry all race so good luck!

There will also be a 'roll call', which is when I will reply with a post asking those who will be attending and those who won't be, but they have to quote my reply and place their name under whichever option is suited to them. 👍

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIA GT1 POINTS BANNER.png

Last edited:
Wow this sounds cool! Interested to see how even all the cars are, if I'm not too early to jump onto this then sign me up! :).

GTP Name?: @Pubs16
PSN Name?: pubes16
Car Choice?: Nissan R390 GT1
Full Time/Part Time?: Full time

Wow this sounds cool! Interested to see how even all the cars are, if I'm not too early to jump onto this then sign me up! :).

GTP Name?: @Pubs16
PSN Name?: pubes16
Car Choice?: Nissan R390 GT1
Full Time/Part Time?: Full time
Great to have you onboard!

The cars are equal but have different traits, well... what selection of cars are the exact same? :lol:

Great to have you onboard!

The cars are equal but have different traits, well... what selection of cars are the exact same? :lol:
Thanks for having me! I hope I didn't seem too eager to get involved haha, was browsing sections and then saw this was new, I've managed to miss a few other series starting up so I've been wondering if anything new will come! :). In terms of exact same cars, yes you're quite right there haha, sounds like they will be fun with differing traits! Will tuning be allowed?

Thanks for having me! I hope I didn't seem too eager to get involved haha, was browsing sections and then saw this was new, I've managed to miss a few other series starting up so I've been wondering if anything new will come! :). In terms of exact same cars, yes you're quite right there haha, sounds like they will be fun with differing traits! Will tuning be allowed?
No no it's fine :)

Yes tuning will be allowed :D

GTP Name: Harsk100
PSN Name: HarskGaming96
Car Choice: Mclaren F1 Kousai '95
Full Time/Part Time: Not sure yet. When my PS3 is fixed, I may become a part time.

One question: Is Base Model allowed?

GTP Name: Harsk100
PSN Name: HarskGaming96
Car Choice: Mclaren F1 Kousai '95
Full Time/Part Time: Not sure yet. When my PS3 is fixed, I may become a part time.

One question: Is Base Model allowed?
No it is not, I may consider it for next season though (depending if this one is successful enough :))

No it is not, I may consider it for next season though (depending if this one is successful enough :))
OK. But look, when my PS3 is fixed, I'm in. Trust me. My parents have found one man which can fix my PS3 and put it work like it was bought yesterday. Not joking, I'm serious! 👍

That's great! :)
Yeah. But please let me give you an advice: I think that you should focus only one your own series. Because if you focus more than one series, the people may think that you are annoying. Are you understand that I'm saying. I'm not telling you to quit the GT1 World Championship. I'm just giving you a friendly advice. ;)

Yeah. But please let me give you an advice: I think that you should focus only one your own series. Because if you focus more than one series, the people may think that you are annoying. Are you understand that I'm saying. I'm not telling you to quit the GT1 World Championship. I'm just giving you a friendly advice. ;)
I know what you're saying, thanks. :)

Harsk you legend:bowdown: He won't listen but nice attempt.

"Known for my vivid imagination rather than my racing" just an idea Mikey mate.:D

I'll need to confirm the dates but

GTP Name: FutureF1
PSN Name: FutureF1
Car Choice: I'll tell you this weekend
Full Time/Part Time: Hopefully Full time

Been awhile since I tried out an MR for seriousness haha, this Nissan is a littl handful, will take some tweaking to get to a comfortable liking :P have I made the wrong choice? Haha.

Question, how does it work if you have 20 cars in total for a 16 car grid? Just curious.

Been awhile since I tried out an MR for seriousness haha, this Nissan is a littl handful, will take some tweaking to get to a comfortable liking :P have I made the wrong choice? Haha.

Question, how does it work if you have 20 cars in total for a 16 car grid? Just curious.
I was a 🤬 to test lol, and well if you only have 16 then not all 16 may be able to make it, so there's those other 4 that could have a chance to enter. :)

If we get to a case where over 16 want to race, then we will have pre-qualifying :D

Without even testing I feel like the XJ220 will be up there in terms of handling. I'm ok with a lack of straight line speed but if the car is terrible through the corners, it's not for me.

Also, why isn't the CLK GTR in this series?

Without even testing I feel like the XJ220 will be up there in terms of handling. I'm ok with a lack of straight line speed but if the car is terrible through the corners, it's not for me.

Also, why isn't the CLK GTR in this series?
The XJ220 is a toughie but when you get the setup right, and the corner, it handles like a dream :)

I did also consider these cars:
  • CLK LM
  • Lister Storm
  • BMW McLaren V12 "Long Tail"
  • Panoz GTR-1
I may add them, just need to test them and compare them to the others :)

The XJ220 is a toughie but when you get the setup right, and the corner, it handles like a dream :)

I did also consider these cars:
  • CLK LM
  • Lister Storm
  • BMW McLaren V12 "Long Tail"
  • Panoz GTR-1
I may add them, just need to test them and compare them to the others :)

So, in terms of lap time, is the XJ220 even close to those of the other cars?

Back