(GTOR) | GT1 World Championship - Currently postponed.Open 

• Thread starter Mikey24
  • 669 comments

Should I continue to Rounds 3, 4 & 5 or leave the series as it is (postpone)?

• Carry on.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Stop/postpone.

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wanted to use cars that were raced during the FIA GT Championship era before 2000.
Like you said, the Lamborghini, Ford, Nissan and Chevrolet were introduced in 2009/10.

The Toyota TS020 GT-ONE was not a GT1, it was only the name of the car. It was in fact an LMP (Le Mans Prototype) but was initially designed for GT1. But it was never a GT1 car.

I considered the Panoz GTR-1

The Lotus Espirit probably would be able to output as much performance than the others.

The Ferrari F40 '92 is just a road car and could possibly never keep up with the likes of the McLaren, Jaguar, Lamborghini, Mercedes, Nissan and Chrysler.

The other cars that were classified as GT1 were the Ferrari 550/575 Maranello, the Lister Storm (it is too heavy to spec in this) and the Porsche 911 GT1. The Ferrari and Porsche are not in GT6 so cannot be part of this series.
The Ferrari is in GT6.

The Ferrari is in GT6.
Ferrari-575M-Maranello-Wallpaper-.jpg

This is the Ferrari 575 Maranello. This is not in the game (although it bloody well should be :lol:)

___8308531_orig.jpg

This is the Ferrari F40. This is in the game.

Ferrari-575M-Maranello-Wallpaper-.jpg

This is the Ferrari 575 Maranello. This is not in the game (although it bloody well should be :lol:)

___8308531_orig.jpg

This is the Ferrari F40. This is in the game.
So you have meaned that 575 Maranello isn't the game. What a shame that 575 Maranello isn't in GT6, but it might make it in GT7.

So you have meaned that 575 Maranello isn't the game. What a shame that 575 Maranello isn't in GT6, but it might make it in GT7.
Correct. Like I said, I think it should be in the game, along with the beautiful GT version...
ferrari_550_maranello_gardel_gollin_2005.jpg

Hmm. My choice seems to be between the Jaguar, Mclaren, and the Lamborghini. I seem to be pretty handy with the Jag, as I've gotten times as low as 1:56.2 around Silverstone online with tall the correct lobby settings. :D

Im interested. My GTP username is 1Lambofan.
PSN is D122773.
car choice, McLaren F1 GTR-BMW (Kokusai Kaihatsu UK Racing) '95
full time or part time. can I wait and see for a little while?

GTP: RyanRacer
PSN: ryan428scj
Car: Jaguar
Full Time

So, what are the track limits defined as? The white lines? Curbs? Or keeping at least two wheels on the tarmac at all times?

Im interested. My GTP username is 1Lambofan.
PSN is D122773.
car choice, McLaren F1 GTR-BMW (Kokusai Kaihatsu UK Racing) '95
full time or part time. can I wait and see for a little while?

Hey. Good to have you. Yes, sure.

ATTENTION: McLaren is now full.

GTP: RyanRacer
PSN: ryan428scj
Car: Jaguar
Full Time

So, what are the track limits defined as? The white lines? Curbs? Or keeping at least two wheels on the tarmac at all times?
They will be defined as curbs. Good to have you here.

One question: Can I change car after I have completed round 1? Or then do I have to compete in same car during the whole season?

I only said that because I have been pestering him about it! :lol:

But if you really think somthink should be change I recommend sending him a PM!

Are we going to have a pre seson race or maby a official test sesh on the weekend before?
Probably a test session.

We shuld be using the BMW F1 ; D
Indeed. 👍 It should be replaced by Panoz Esperante GTR-1. And Mclaren F1 '95 should be replaced by BMW Mclaren F1 '97.
The first seaspn is primarily to get a taste of things. Get things running. Season 2 will bring changes, but that's all I will be saying... ;)

I tell you what, I dunno if it's my classic FR style approach to an MR or what but my Nissan is stubborn to tame :P. Starting to get along though, had a solid hour of tune play this morning. Wondering if I was too keen to rep my beloved Nissan maybe haha.

What sort of times are people getting around Silverstone? I might enter this but haven't settled on a car yet.
I haven't gotten much testing in my new car yet, but my Jag was doing a 1:56.4 on a decent lap. The McLaren is a little off that right now(~.5 seconds) but it still needs work.

I haven't gotten much testing in my new car yet, but my Jag was doing a 1:56.4 on a decent lap. The McLaren is a little off that right now(~.5 seconds) but it still needs work.

The Jag is very good at Silverstone. Last time I tested it I got it down to 1:55.6. A perfect lap is going to be around 1:55.0, but that will probably only be attained by an alien. I'm not sure if one has joined yet.

Back