(GTOR) | GT1 World Championship - Currently postponed.Open 

• Thread starter Mikey24
  • 669 comments

Should I continue to Rounds 3, 4 & 5 or leave the series as it is (postpone)?

• Carry on.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Stop/postpone.

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So, in terms of lap time, is the XJ220 even close to those of the other cars?
at 571bhp, yes. They're all within 0.1 seconds of each other at suzuka, 0.2 at silverstone and amazingly 0.2 at le mans.

Quick question: Is car choice "open" or does each car have a certain number of free spots available?
each car has 5 available, you'll find how many are remaining on post 1.

1996mikey: A little advice- In FIA GT1, the score was 10-6-4-3-2-1. But what you could do is that you could let all drivers from 8th to have equally 1 point.

OK. But look, when my PS3 is fixed, I'm in. Trust me. My parents have found one man which can fix my PS3 and put it work like it was bought yesterday. Not joking, I'm serious! 👍

@Harsk100 Does this ps3 repairman realise what he's about to let himself in for ?? He has the whole weight of the people of gtplanet on his shoulders. Can this man possibly fix the most famous sick PS3 in portugal :nervous: .. we are all holding our breath harsky 👍

One small step for harskys ps3 repairman One giant leap for gtplanet

@Harsk100 Does this ps3 repairman realise what he's about to let himself in for ?? He has the whole weight of the people of gtplanet on his shoulders. Can this man possibly fix the most famous sick PS3 in portugal :nervous: .. we are all holding our breath harsky 👍

One small step for harskys ps3 repairman One giant leap for gtplanet
Perhaps that young lady was good with a spanner in more ways than one?💡

I can see the point @rolo912011 is making... if we have points for everyone in one race, it takes away the feeling of earning points. The way to get points is to earn them by beating as many drivers as possible to them. Having 1 point for 7th and lower will take away the courage to do better :(
Sorry Mikey. Sorry Rolo. I thought that giving points to all drivers would be interesting. :(

Hey guys. So I was just grinding to buy the cars when my lovely ps3 decided it didn't want to work. So I've essentially lost 3-4m. Can you give me a brief summary of each car so I don't have to waste my time getting money again to test all the cars?

EDIT: Got a car. Does it matter what engine tuning we give it?

Last edited:
Hey guys. So I was just grinding to buy the cars when my lovely ps3 decided it didn't want to work. So I've essentially lost 3-4m. Can you give me a brief summary of each car so I don't have to waste my time getting money again to test all the cars?

EDIT: Got a car. Does it matter what engine tuning we give it?
Sure.

Tuning? No parts at all except Low RPM Turbo on the Jaguar.

Here is how I would rate the cars out of 5 in each aspect. Stability is determined by how quickly a car changes direction during a corner - too quickly and you will not stay on the track, lower stability, harder to control.

McLaren
Top speed: * *
Acceleration: * * *
Stability: * * * * *
Cornering: * * * *

Jaguar
Top speed: * * * *
Acceleration: * *
Stability: * * *
Cornering: * * * * *

Nissan
Top speed: * * * * *
Acceleration: * * * *
Stability: * *
Cornering: * * *

Lamborghini
Top speed: * *
Stability: * * * *

I am pleased to announce an unveiling of two new cars!

Mercedes-Benz AMG Mercedes CLK LM '98 - 561hp / 1200KG
Top speed: * * * * *
Acceleration: * * *
Stability: * *

SRT Chrysler Viper GTR-S (Team ORECA) '00 - 571hp / 1200KG
Top speed: * * *
Stability: * * * *
Cornering: * * *

---------------------UPDATES---------------------

Car availability has been dropped from 5 to 3. 18 maximum entries.

Jaguar (3/3 available)
Lamborghini (3/3 available)
McLaren (2/3 available)
Mercedes-Benz (3/3 available)
Nissan (2/3 available)
SRT (3/3 available)

Whoop!!! More cars is always good. Looking at your rating for all the models makes me think I have some work cut out for myself in the Nissan haha.

Regarding points, giving points for Top 10 might be fairer if you're going to have a full lobby.

20-17-14-10-8-6-4-3-2-1

That might work.

I will be revising points in the near future. :)
👍

There are also GT1 cars made in 2009-2010:

Lamborghini LP670-R SV (Based on road car of Murcielago LP-670-R SV)
Ford GT Matech (LM Spec II is the substitute car)
Nissan R35 GT-R GT1 (R35 Spec V would be the substitute since the GT3 version just came in 2011)
Chevrolet Corvette C6R (ZR1 '09 would be a perfect match since the Z06 '06 sounds like a V6 instead of V8)

And also made before 2000:
Toyota TS020 GT1 (This is a GTOne Car)
Panoz Esperante GTR-1
Lotus Esprit V8 GT1 (Esprit V8 GT would be a substitute car)
Ferrari F40 GTE (F40 '92 would be an substitute car)

What do you think?

http://www.tech-racingcars.eu/racing-sports-cars

👍

There are also GT1 cars made in 2009-2010:

Lamborghini LP670-R SV (Based on road car of Murcielago LP-670-R SV)
Ford GT Matech (LM Spec II is the substitute car)
Nissan R35 GT-R GT1 (R35 Spec V would be the substitute since the GT3 version just came in 2011)
Chevrolet Corvette C6R (ZR1 '09 would be a perfect match since the Z06 '06 sounds like a V6 instead of V8)

And also made before 2000:
Toyota TS020 GT1 (This is a GTOne Car)
Panoz Esperante GTR-1
Lotus Esprit V8 GT1 (Esprit V8 GT would be a substitute car)
Ferrari F40 GTE (F40 '92 would be an substitute car)

What do you think?

http://www.tech-racingcars.eu/racing-sports-cars
I wanted to use cars that were raced during the FIA GT Championship era before 2000.
Like you said, the Lamborghini, Ford, Nissan and Chevrolet were introduced in 2009/10.

The Toyota TS020 GT-ONE was not a GT1, it was only the name of the car. It was in fact an LMP (Le Mans Prototype) but was initially designed for GT1. But it was never a GT1 car.

I considered the Panoz GTR-1

The Lotus Espirit probably would be able to output as much performance than the others.

The Ferrari F40 '92 is just a road car and could possibly never keep up with the likes of the McLaren, Jaguar, Lamborghini, Mercedes, Nissan and Chrysler.

The other cars that were classified as GT1 were the Ferrari 550/575 Maranello, the Lister Storm (it is too heavy to spec in this) and the Porsche 911 GT1. The Ferrari and Porsche are not in GT6 so cannot be part of this series.

EDIT: did a little research on the GT-ONE and, apologies @Harsk100, yes it was a GT1 car. It competed in the FIA GT Championship in 1999, only to be beaten vigorously by the Mercedes-Benz CLK LM and the Posche 911 GT1.

Latest Posts

Back