(GTOR) Gran Turismo Touring Car Championship (GTTCC) FaithlessEmo wins the Inaugral GTTCC Season!!!Finished 

• Thread starter True-blue-8
  • 1,549 comments

What day should the SCC be held?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I did 2 laps that were in the 21s, 2 laps that were 22.0s and averaged 22.4/6s
however, the tyre/fuel wear was off and wasn't running with penalties (gonna give that a go later)

Its very easy to drop off the track cus the idea/secret of doing fast lap times on willow is:
-the more speed you dare carry through a corner, the faster you will go :scared:
-or if you're aiming to be safe/not take risks, you'll be really slow :ill:
-or if will carry too much speed and not get enough rotation you will run wide and lose everything :ouch:

I'm way off that.

I can't remember but I think ninja had a 21.5 last night?

Will be on in about half hour to try sort my wheel out. If I fix it i'll open a room, if not i'll throw my ps3 out the window and cry quietly in a corner :lol:

Was that

I did 2 laps that were in the 21s, 2 laps that were 22.0s and averaged 22.4/6s
however, the tyre/fuel wear was off and wasn't running with penalties (gonna give that a go later)

Its very easy to drop off the track cus the idea/secret of doing fast lap times on willow is:
-the more speed you dare carry through a corner, the faster you will go :scared:
-or if you're aiming to be safe/not take risks, you'll be really slow :ill:
-or if will carry too much speed and not get enough rotation you will run wide and lose everything :ouch:
Was that with the bhp penalty? That's fast...

Was that

Was that with the bhp penalty? That's fast...
thanx :)
that was without penalty and with tyre/fuel wear off, however with it on, a 21.8 is still possible in the civic
I will try with penalty soon

stiggy's friend has found a way to make that car faster. Team secrets lol but its actually something I should look at :(
he saw more potential in the civic to cut off more secs with further setups but it was late and he had to go (work early morning for him)
and I'm thinking, me, you and my friend should meet up in an online room and he might be able to give you some tips and base setups etc. 👍

he wasn't online today, I will ask if he wants to join this championship when he does

ABP
Guys it is not about lap times, but about managing your laps.
Especially at Willow, where one wheel off track could ruin your whole race. That's why tyre conservation via setup and driving style are even more important. :cheers:
Definitely.

ABP
Guys it is not about lap times, but about managing your laps.
Especially at Willow, where one wheel off track could ruin your whole race. That's why tyre conservation via setup and driving style are even more important. :cheers:

Tyre conservation? Dammit... :lol:

In all honesty, from the laps I've seen over the last couple of days Willow promises to be immense... Now I'm trying to make something to reflect that... Watch this space...

Oh, and on the Prost/Heidfeld crash, what I missed off of the video was Prost's onboard. He checks his right mirror, then his left, then a few moments later checks his right mirror again. I think that this would've been after Nick pulled out of his slipstream, so all of a sudden Nick has disappeared. He swerves left, I'm assuming to cover the inside for the last corner without looking and collects Nick. I genuinely think it was an accident, but that isn't the problem I have with the crash (apart from it being a really stupid move)...

The problem I have is that this is the second time within 2 months that someone has been launched into the air by one of these stupid 'Sausage' curbs that the FIA insist on having. The first one was the guy in GP3 at Spa. These are potentially very dangerous, due to the fact they could launch someone into a wall. My comments are basically mirroring those of Dario Franchitti, who was one of the Formula E commentators. Dario KNOWS about the dangers of being thrown into a wall in a race car. It ended his career...

Oh, and on the Prost/Heidfeld crash, what I missed off of the video was Prost's onboard. He checks his right mirror, then his left, then a few moments later checks his right mirror again. I think that this would've been after Nick pulled out of his slipstream, so all of a sudden Nick has disappeared. He swerves left, I'm assuming to cover the inside for the last corner without looking and collects Nick. I genuinely think it was an accident, but that isn't the problem I have with the crash (apart from it being a really stupid move)...

The problem I have is that this is the second time within 2 months that someone has been launched into the air by one of these stupid 'Sausage' curbs that the FIA insist on having. The first one was the guy in GP3 at Spa. These are potentially very dangerous, due to the fact they could launch someone into a wall. My comments are basically mirroring those of Dario Franchitti, who was one of the Formula E commentators. Dario KNOWS about the dangers of being thrown into a wall in a race car. It ended his career...
It was just a stupid move which cost both their chances at a win/podium

haha mikey yeah muse lol. sorry im old school ;)

Top job Evo, had a huge grin on my face, one of my favourite songs to. Top Job mate, hope you make one of those each week, hopefully adding more nerves and excitement as the championship gets more heated.

Stiggy, important PM coming your way mate

got p to speed much quicker on pad then expected. found a good set up. 22.0 at 22.2 consistents, love this track. If I remember the Ford and Suzuki are better at this track and Matterhorn. Should be a good race.

Room open tomorrow if people want some sprint races

Back