(GTOR) | [GTRC] GT Rally Championship - Round 2 - Chamonix EastOpen 

Should Tuning be Prohibited?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
JUJ UJY.jpg

Welcome to GTOR's GT Rally Championship, where 'Slideways is best'.

So, how does this work?

Stages
Each driver will complete solo runs which will be a short race, lasting approx. 12miles (roughly 10 minutes). The race will be started and the time it takes the driver to complete it will be their 'stage time'.

There will be 5 stages per round. A driver will be given a maximum of 3 weeks to complete their stages, at a time which suits them.

All times from each stage will be added together which will provide the overall round time.

These races will be held in a club event, for you to complete during your own free time. you will need to join the GTOR community club #1021363

Rounds
There will be 5 rounds at varying circuits.

1. Eiger Nordwand G
defrtg.jpg

2. Chamonix East
dergty.png

3. Rallye Monte Carlo
gty.png

4. Sierra TT
nj.png

5. Toscana
n.jpg

Tyres for Monaco and Sierra will be Comfort Hards

Points will be awarded in the following order for final round times

1st - 25
2nd - 18
3rd - 15
4th - 12
5th - 10
6th - 8
7th - 6
8th - 4
9th - 2
10th - 1

An additional point will be awarded for each fastest driver in each stage.
An additional point will be awarded for the overall fastest stage time.
All rounds will count towards the championship.

Signing Up
There is no limit to how many drivers may sign up. Please post in the following format below.

GTP ID / PSN ID / #
e.g True-blue-8 / True-blue-8 / #99
Your # will be assigned/chosen via the GTOR availability

In association with GTOR
GTORacing Logo.png

Last edited:
All information

Car

All drivers will use the same car to prevent hassle.

vghyj.png

Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI Rally Car '05
300BHP 1200Kg

Driving Line and ABS are the only aids permitted

1. True-blue-8 / True-blue-8 / #99
2. Matt tiff / allstarjimmmy / #15
3. Mikey24 / mikey_2412 / #24
4. sb360 / Pamellaaa / #13
5. rono_thomas / rono_thomas / #34
6. John sweet / JOE9074 / #11
7. rcb929 / rcb929 / #12
8. robertprzbyl / robertprzbyl1 / #66
9. Slow_and_Old / Ian-58- / #58
10. andp132 / AndroR35 / #29
11. Nicktune / Nic-KL / #87
12. jammy21 / jam_my21 / #31
13. swiftsmith / smith1001 / #6
14. NW48 / Ninth_Wonder48 / #96
15. NinjaEvo / NinjitsuEvolved / #76
16. STOCKY8A1 / STOCKY8A1 / #47
17. Samurai8juice / Samurai8juicebox / #28
18. numbnuts70 / numbnuts70

Results

Round 1 - Overall

Round 2 - Overall

Championship Standings

Last edited:
Tyres for Tarmac stages? Also is it not just a combined time event? I see a points system...

Tyres for Tarmac stages? Also is it not just a combined time event? I see a points system...
sports or comfort. Not sure yet.

You have the 5 stages. Fastest one in each stage gets 1 point. Then you add all 5 stage times together and gives you an overall round time. Points awarded out based on overall round finish (if that makes sense lol)

sports or comfort. Not sure yet.

You have the 5 stages. Fastest one in each stage gets 1 point. Then you add all 5 stage times together and gives you an overall round time. Points awarded out based on overall round finish (if that makes sense lol)

It does. Sports if it's up for discussion. So, is it 5 laps (1 lap per stage) or are different track configurations being used where applicable?

It does. Sports if it's up for discussion. So, is it 5 laps (1 lap per stage) or are different track configurations being used where applicable?
lets take, I dunno, Monaco for example.

You go onto track and I start the race. Race will be 5 laps.
The time taken to complete those 5 laps (roughly 10mins) is 1 stage time.
so that short race is completed 5 times. Add them all together and you get your overall time.

Just like WRC really

lets take, I dunno, Monaco for example.

You go onto track and I start the race. Race will be 5 laps.
The time taken to complete those 5 laps (roughly 10mins) is 1 stage time.
so that short race is completed 5 times. Add them all together and you get your overall time.

Just like WRC really

So how are the races being run? Are they being completed as a Club Event or are you going to be setting up a room? I only ask since you're looking at approximately an hour per driver...

So how are the races being run? Are they being completed as a Club Event or are you going to be setting up a room? I only ask since you're looking at approximately an hour per driver...
5 races. You have 3 weeks to do them, so only 20mins max per driver a week if you break it down.

If it works, i'm going to try run it as a club event like we did with the prius/rocket Q. That means people can give it a go whenever they can

So, I've just given the club event set up a go

It shows the time you took to complete the race so we should be able to use that. Means people can do their times whenever they want within 3 weeks (so no excuses ;) )

so how does that sound?

yep. When you want just jump in the lobby, start the race and all good 👍

Means no need to fully commit. 3 weeks to complete 5 10 min races. More than fair to be honest

Sounds like a really nice format that. If you complete it once does that mean its done, no way to replay the race?

My only question would be what happens if someone fails to complete one or all sessions? Just give them the worst time + 5 mins or something similar?

Sounds like a really nice format that. If you complete it once does that mean its done, no way to replay the race?

My only question would be what happens if someone fails to complete one or all sessions? Just give them the worst time + 5 mins or something similar?
well you need to complete the race at least 5 times for your 5 stage times

yep they'll be given a time of about 1min more than last place scored

Had a play with this tonight, its good. Count me in :D

sb360 / Pamellaaa / Team TBD / #13 / GMT

@True-blue-8 I did a lobby today with the comment as my PSN name, there was someone else in it as well so when I ran the race there were two of us on track, not sure if you can see both results so let me know. I also have a photo of the results screen so we can make sure you can accurately see the times from the lobby. I also don't know how it will work with more than one driver in a lobby, we collided breifly today and both (I think) got a 4 second penalty. It might be that it is best to say only one car in each lobby to avoid things like that.

I like the car, 300 / 1200 seems like a good balance.

I would say that this bit:

Time penalties
Time penalties will be handed out if drivers cut corners or any other poor driving.
Each slot will be 15mins. 10mins per race and 5mins in the garage. Drivers not on the track before their run slot will also be handed a time penalty. This is to keep things running smoothly.

Would seem a bit tricky to enforce based on the club lobby run when you like thing. I would say that if you can drive the area on the rally tracks it is fair game, they are rigidly enforced with invisible walls and with the damage setting you had forced on tonight it doesn't pay to cut much anyway. Besides rally drivers will always cut where it is safe for them to do so.

Had a play with this tonight, its good. Count me in :D

sb360 / Pamellaaa / Team TBD / #13 / GMT

@True-blue-8 I did a lobby today with the comment as my PSN name, there was someone else in it as well so when I ran the race there were two of us on track, not sure if you can see both results so let me know. I also have a photo of the results screen so we can make sure you can accurately see the times from the lobby. I also don't know how it will work with more than one driver in a lobby, we collided breifly today and both (I think) got a 4 second penalty. It might be that it is best to say only one car in each lobby to avoid things like that.

I like the car, 300 / 1200 seems like a good balance.

I would say that this bit:

Would seem a bit tricky to enforce based on the club lobby run when you like thing. I would say that if you can drive the area on the rally tracks it is fair game, they are rigidly enforced with invisible walls and with the damage setting you had forced on tonight it doesn't pay to cut much anyway. Besides rally drivers will always cut where it is safe for them to do so.
I can see both mate, sweet 👍

There is meant to be a pen on that you receive if you go off track

I can see both mate, sweet 👍

There is meant to be a pen on that you receive if you go off track

Oh right, I wasn't seeing any pens until we touched on track, I didn't hit anything too hard though, just enough to get some damage a couple of times.

I guess damage is enough of a deterrent to going off track anyway 👍

Either way this is shaping up to be fun and I like the format of having 3 weeks to lay your times down.

For reference if anyone is running Toscana I was seeing 1:50s in practice but I think I did a 1:57 (standing start) and a 1:52 for my actual run though.

Clever way of setting this up to make it like real life WRC. 👍
I've been called many things but never clever :lol:
When I see rally things in the past sometimes they're just over complicated. Harsk showed me his plan. It was about 40 pages long :lol:

Count me in!
rcb929 / rcb929 / Inferno Racing / #12 / EST
sweet welcome mate :cheers:
Due to people not running at the same time # (unless you still want to put one on of course) and Timezone not needed. Run whenever you want :cheers:

sweet welcome mate :cheers:
Due to people not running at the same time # (unless you still want to put one on of course) and Timezone not needed. Run whenever you want :cheers:
I'd assume you would have to be in the room to get our stage times and save the replay?

I'd assume you would have to be in the room to get our stage times and save the replay?
No mate, only just found out an easier way earlier. Going to update all threads now, first opportunity tonight 👍

In the club i'll make an event. It's will be a x lap race, which you start and when it finishes, the time it took to complete the 'stage' will be shown in the comments section. Any cheating such as corner cutting will be eliminated by pens the room applies to you and set specs. So there's no need of pratting around to try find a time for people, especially on opposite ends of the earth. It can be done whenever you fancy and have the time.

Hope that makes sense, or am I making it sound more complicated then what it is?

Harsk showed me his plan. It was about 40 pages long :lol:
Only forty you say? Perhaps you didn't get all of it. There must be more where that came from.
Yes I do know that Harsk's middle name is 'Rally'. :)

I like Rally too and went the complete opposite way of your set-up here.
In my little thing all rally drivers race at the same time on track for position.
Like a normal race.

Only forty you say? Perhaps you didn't get all of it. There must be more where that came from.
Yes I do know that Harsk's middle name is 'Rally'. :)

I like Rally too and went the complete opposite way of your set-up here.
In my little thing all rally drivers race at the same time on track for position.
Like a normal race.
Running a 'Rally' themed race then that's the best way, But something similar to WRC, which I went for here, then TT is the best way to go about it.

There's very little love or support for Rally in GT :(

Back