(GTOR) | [GTTCC-3] Gran Turismo Touring Car Championship S3 - xflow1390 takes back to back titles!Finished 

• Thread starter True-blue-8
  • 4,148 comments

Standing or Rolling starts?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@True-blue-8 sorry I've not said prior, lifes gotten a bit in the way, I've pulled out of gran Turismo 6 thanks to PD servers, I've not been able to stay connected to a GT6 server for longer then 20 minutes and if I do my lag is apparently horrendous, not something I'm used to with a 40bps down and 12 up with 700 ping average, it seems its a PD only issue I have but now all my other gaming has migrated up to the PS4 or in online racing has gone to iRacing,

If its any consolation mate if PD get their crap together and your hosting something enticing in future GT instalments or Pcars or wherever the online racing takes you I will most likely join, you run a tight casual ship with a goal to chase at the end, I enjoyed my time here,

Good luck with the health issues, I wish you all the best,

@TDZdave It has been a pleasure racing with both here and in Rolex in the past. You've always been a driver I've enjoyed racing with. I hope PD resolves its server issues soon so you can return to racing with us.

@True-blue-8 can I make a suggestion in private please?

@True-blue-8 sorry I've not said prior, lifes gotten a bit in the way, I've pulled out of gran Turismo 6 thanks to PD servers, I've not been able to stay connected to a GT6 server for longer then 20 minutes and if I do my lag is apparently horrendous, not something I'm used to with a 40bps down and 12 up with 700 ping average, it seems its a PD only issue I have but now all my other gaming has migrated up to the PS4 or in online racing has gone to iRacing,

If its any consolation mate if PD get their crap together and your hosting something enticing in future GT instalments or Pcars or wherever the online racing takes you I will most likely join, you run a tight casual ship with a goal to chase at the end, I enjoyed my time here,

Good luck with the health issues, I wish you all the best,
Another driver who has lost faith in PD. Hope to see you around mate :) 👍

@TDZdave It has been a pleasure racing with both here and in Rolex in the past. You've always been a driver I've enjoyed racing with. I hope PD resolves its server issues soon so you can return to racing with us.

@True-blue-8 can I make a suggestion in private please?
sure, as I said that's all people have to do, not try force me and demand something 👍

Maybe instead of racing this week for points and being serious maybe take the week off and race go-karts or something. Just something small and fun. That way everyone can get there frustrations out on anyone they need to and we can all still have some fun racing. Cause I know lately I've felt really slow.

Maybe instead of racing this week for points and being serious maybe take the week off and race go-karts or something. Just something small and fun. That way everyone can get there frustrations out on anyone they need to and we can all still have some fun racing. Cause I know lately I've felt really slow.
I was considering having a week off and that sounds a good idea to me 👍

@True-blue-8

I initially showed interest in this series after seeing that people did not understand the level of work and organisation, and commitment above all, that any series takes... especially when initially you are the only one trying to piece everything together in the best and most enjoyable way possible to make the first season successful enough to progress into something. I stepped in, unable to contain myself after being a person who's tried and not succeeded in maintaining a series past the first test race, knowing the difficulties of just getting people to join, let alone get the specs to a reasonable standard and such, just as you had.

I stepped in and fought your corner on that matter, and I really didn't intend on joining at first, but I saw something fun and amazing in this series that I really didn't see elsewhere. There was a relaxed yet regimented vibe that I don't often see, and that tempted me into spec testing for you in order to shoulder some of the burden you were shouldering from people... and then eventually I joined the series to find that the racing was indeed as I'd hoped. I admire your tenacity and approach to people and problems, and it's nice to see someone wear a heart on their sleeve about a series they run. Too many times there are influences that make things the same as every other series, but you are resolute in trying to maintain a core which people have gravitated towards.

The fact that this series is still VERY new compared to others, and already it has grown both internally and externally, becoming not just GTTCC but an umbrella series to the franchise of GTOR, your franchise, from an external growth aspect, to an internal growth of two Divisions within the same series, with potentially enough reach to increase that despite people dropping out due to their own conflicts with you, other members or just with the other issues in general.

Thank you for continuing to put in so much effort despite everything you are going through both inside and outside of GTPlanet. Most would call it quits and stick to that, but you enjoy this so much that you even convince yourself not to throw in the towel, even with so much stress.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

I'm happy to run a fun night room with no bars attached and something like NASCAR etc

What do people think about that?
The heats thing swift suggested sounds fun. Could do a Race of Champions-esque head to head battle format one evening. 3-laps, stock KTM X-Bows (or other things) around kart space or somewhere very short and technical.

@True-blue-8

I initially showed interest in this series after seeing that people did not understand the level of work and organisation, and commitment above all, that any series takes... especially when initially you are the only one trying to piece everything together in the best and most enjoyable way possible to make the first season successful enough to progress into something. I stepped in, unable to contain myself after being a person who's tried and not succeeded in maintaining a series past the first test race, knowing the difficulties of just getting people to join, let alone get the specs to a reasonable standard and such, just as you had.

I stepped in and fought your corner on that matter, and I really didn't intend on joining at first, but I saw something fun and amazing in this series that I really didn't see elsewhere. There was a relaxed yet regimented vibe that I don't often see, and that tempted me into spec testing for you in order to shoulder some of the burden you were shouldering from people... and then eventually I joined the series to find that the racing was indeed as I'd hoped. I admire your tenacity and approach to people and problems, and it's nice to see someone wear a heart on their sleeve about a series they run. Too many times there are influences that make things the same as every other series, but you are resolute in trying to maintain a core which people have gravitated towards.

The fact that this series is still VERY new compared to others, and already it has grown both internally and externally, becoming not just GTTCC but an umbrella series to the franchise of GTOR, your franchise, from an external growth aspect, to an internal growth of two Divisions within the same series, with potentially enough reach to increase that despite people dropping out due to their own conflicts with you, other members or just with the other issues in general.

Thank you for continuing to put in so much effort despite everything you are going through both inside and outside of GTPlanet. Most would call it quits and stick to that, but you enjoy this so much that you even convince yourself not to throw in the towel, even with so much stress.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

The heats thing swift suggested sounds fun. Could do a Race of Champions-esque head to head battle format one evening. 3-laps, stock KTM X-Bows (or other things) around kart space or somewhere very short and technical.
Thanks a lot mate :) :cheers:

Round 5 - Monaco

Race 1

Pole - TRL_Agro

1. Buck_aroo2
2. xflow1390 (Reprimand)
3. True-blue-8
4. Pamellaaa
5. TRL_Agro
6. DR_ingo5
7. duker_86
8. StormPacer17
9. wambam23
10. FaithlessEmo

Fastest lap - TRL_Agro - 1.43.461
Lap leaders - Buck_aroo2, xflow1390, DR_ingo5

Race 2

1. TRL_Agro
2. wambam23
3. xflow1390
4. StormPacer17
5. Pamellaaa
6. STOCKY8A1
7. DR_ingo5 (Reprimand)
8. FaithlessEmo
9. True-blue-8
10. Buck_aroo2
11. duker_86

Fastest lap - TRL_Agro - 1.43.080
Lap leaders - wambam23, TRL_Agro

Race 3

SuperPole - TRL_Agro

1. StormPacer17
2. Pamellaaa
3. TRL_Agro
4. DR_ingo5
5. wambam23
6. STOCKY8A1
7. FaithlessEmo
8. duker_86

Fastest lap - StormPacer17 - 1.43.3xx
Lap leaders - True-blue-8, StormPacer17

Race 1

Pole - mikey_2412

1. mikey_2412
2. doomstorm16
3. TheOldStig
4. Mystiq83
5. TickleMyNugget
6. allstarjimmmy
7. JOE9074

Fastest lap - mikey_2412
Lap leaders - mikey_2412

Race 2

1. mikey_2412
2. doomstorm16
3. Mystiq83
4. allstarjimmmy
5. TickleMyNugget
6. JOE9074

Fastest lap - doomstorm16
Lap leaders - mikey_2412

Race 3

SuperPole - mikey_2412

1. doomstorm16
2. mikey_2412
3. Mystiq83
4. allstarjimmmy
5. TickleMyNugget
6. TheOldStig
7. JOE9074

Fastest lap - doomstorm16
lap leaders - doomstorm16, mikey2412

If people want their reprimands for racing incidents explained then PM me 👍​

Last edited:
Actually here we go.

I've been told by

GTTCC-4 Livestreamer

That he's ready to go for a test run next race. So do people just want to try get this season over and done with?

Only one car?
I don't know. Might be. Then again, might not. You love English so you know your singular and plural nouns ;)

Fastest lap in Race 3 was a 43.3 ;)
Ok ;) 👍

I've got an idea for next week @True-blue-8, if we're having a fun break, is to set a PP in the room and we can race whatever we like at various circuits? :)
I thought to do that but as the race will also be a test for next season it's best we just get the last few rounds done so we can get the fun back. It should be ok next week, i'll just let things go where they want. 👍

Points up will do Post 3 soon

I was driving along in my car and my boss rang up and said: “You’ve been promoted.”
I swerved.
Then he rang a second time and said: “You’ve been promoted again.”
And I swerved again.
He rang a third time and said: “You’re managing director!” and I went into a tree.

A policeman came up and said: “What happened to you?”
I said: “I careered off the road.”

I was driving along in my car and my boss rang up and said: “You’ve been promoted.”
I swerved.
Then he rang a second time and said: “You’ve been promoted again.”
And I swerved again.
He rang a third time and said: “You’re managing director!” and I went into a tree.

A policeman came up and said: “What happened to you?”
I said: “I careered off the road.”
It's so nice to see another Tommy Cooper fan :bowdown: :lol: 👍 :cheers:

Back