(GTOR) | [GTTCC-3] Gran Turismo Touring Car Championship S3 - xflow1390 takes back to back titles!Finished 

• Thread starter True-blue-8
  • 4,148 comments

Standing or Rolling starts?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've told people I agree with them. Only thing I don't agree with was the fact that before the race started yes people were starting to give me some heavy crap for it.

And all I did was think of the best way to be time and moral consuming (is that a word? :lol:)

The reason I've put that rule in place is look at the hassle it's caused.

So I let them rejoin and there's problems.
I don't let them rejoin and people don't agree.

I just don't know what on earth to do.

See, you really must be purposefully doing this. Walk away from the computer, get a drink, come back and read what I've said please ok. As this is stupid. I've told you in EVERY post that certain things can need to be done.

I have said yes next time i'll try repeat it over and over, but you're clearly not happy with that or seeing it.

My point is that if the communication works then we wont have an issue with people rejoining and therefore the new rule isn't required. I am fairly sure that I have read everything that you have posted and I don't believe that you have addressed that point.

My point is that if the communication works then we wont have an issue with people rejoining and therefore the new rule isn't required. I am fairly sure that I have read everything that you have posted and I don't believe that you have addressed that point.
Trust me I have 👍

This has worn me out now. :(

Trust me I have 👍

This has worn me out now. :(

The closest I can see you coming to addressing that point is when you said:

The reason I've put that rule in place is look at the hassle it's caused.

So I let them rejoin and there's problems.
I don't let them rejoin and people don't agree.

But I think this is still fundamentally missing my point, no-one (as far as I know) had any issue with either carrying on or resetting. The only reason this is still being discussed is that over half the grid weren't aware that a decision had been taken and therefore carried on.

This doesn't seem to me to suggest that you should suddenly decide that we will never restart a race for someone who has DCd so why has that decision been made. The hassle that you refer to was only because the communication wasn't clear, my point is that: it is much more sensible to communicate more clearly (which I agree you have said you will do) than it is to stop allowing anyone who DCs back into a lobby, which, currently, you still intend to do if I am reading everything correctly.

The closest I can see you coming to addressing that point is when you said:

But I think this is still fundamentally missing my point, no-one (as far as I know) had any issue with either carrying on or resetting. The only reason this is still being discussed is that over half the grid weren't aware that a decision had been taken and therefore carried on.

This doesn't seem to me to suggest that you should suddenly decide that we will never restart a race for someone who has DCd so why has that decision been made. The hassle that you refer to was only because the communication wasn't clear, my point is that: it is much more sensible to communicate more clearly (which I agree you have said you will do) than it is to stop allowing anyone who DCs back into a lobby, which, currently, you still intend to do if I am reading everything correctly.
👍

The thing about communication.... It's a two way thing. While, yes, the information being communicated across to everyone wasn't clear, it WAS clear, however, that some of us DID see the information and some responded immediately while others did not. I for one, did not.

If we're really going to go into detail about this, let's be honest to ourselves and admit the points at hand. One: The relevant information wasn't clearly put across to the lobby....

Two: We didn't do enough to declutter the chat while quali/race, and most of us switched our attention away from the chat as a result of this. Yes, it is quali down-time, but we're still awaiting the start of a race so we should really be more attentive than many of us were.

Three: People DID see the communication and acted accordingly, yet others didn't quite know how to respond... Logic dictates that (and I'm being a hypocrite here intentionally) we should ask if unsure. Not many people did. I didn't, but hey, shoot me for being a hypocrit here coz I couldn't care less as I will admit my mistake of not following this logical step...

Let's get out of each other's faces here, digest what I've pointed out, and let's discuss how we can stop an issue like this happening again. Yes? Good!

My first reaction is to make superpole time shorter, since we only fit in one lap and tend to have 2-3 minutes spare. Less time to distract ourselves and/or clutter up the lobby's only line of communicating instructions clearly with unecessary delays between qualifying and race.

My second reaction to tonight is to abbreviate and upper case important instructions. Creates more of a distinguishing difference between random chatting and relaying instructions as much as simply as possible.

As a closing note: We can ALL do more to make communication easier, so don't reduce yourself to just stating the problems to the main organiser, emphasise ways to resolve them, or even ask the organiser if they can think of ways of resolving an issue you see.

I think one of the problems is that there is too many people to manage. Like @sb360 said about Fuji, it took three of you to get a point across to 15/16 people.

Whereas in D2 there's about 6/7 of us on average and we haven't come across any communication problems. But then again, I don't know anything that goes on in D1 lobbies so yeah.

I think one of the problems is that there is too many people to manage. Like @sb360 said about Fuji, it took three of you to get a point across to 15/16 people.

Whereas in D2 there's about 6/7 of us on average and we haven't come across any communication problems. But then again, I don't know anything that goes on in D1 lobbies so yeah.
Can you think of anything that can help with this?

the room wasn't reasonable though. Just take now for example. I say yes ok maybe next time i'll shout RED FLAG over and over again until people leave, and perhaps people were a bit confused. Then in the lobby I attempted to answer every question I saw.

Sounds fair enough right? Bit of confusion and even though people were criticising me I just got on with it. Clearly not good enough as people are still coming at me with all guns blazing.
Care to point out where you said that you won't be implementing that rule change then @True-blue-8?

Another one too i'll find in the morning where I said It will be dropped if people can give what they would expect if people DC

The thing about communication.... It's a two way thing. While, yes, the information being communicated across to everyone wasn't clear, it WAS clear, however, that some of us DID see the information and some responded immediately while others did not. I for one, did not.

If we're really going to go into detail about this, let's be honest to ourselves and admit the points at hand. One: The relevant information wasn't clearly put across to the lobby....

Two: We didn't do enough to declutter the chat while quali/race, and most of us switched our attention away from the chat as a result of this. Yes, it is quali down-time, but we're still awaiting the start of a race so we should really be more attentive than many of us were.

Three: People DID see the communication and acted accordingly, yet others didn't quite know how to respond... Logic dictates that (and I'm being a hypocrite here intentionally) we should ask if unsure. Not many people did. I didn't, but hey, shoot me for being a hypocrit here coz I couldn't care less as I will admit my mistake of not following this logical step...

Let's get out of each other's faces here, digest what I've pointed out, and let's discuss how we can stop an issue like this happening again. Yes? Good!

My first reaction is to make superpole time shorter, since we only fit in one lap and tend to have 2-3 minutes spare. Less time to distract ourselves and/or clutter up the lobby's only line of communicating instructions clearly with unecessary delays between qualifying and race.

My second reaction to tonight is to abbreviate and upper case important instructions. Creates more of a distinguishing difference between random chatting and relaying instructions as much as simply as possible.
Too true but unfortunately I've already made my throat dry repeating it mate. So no point

I'm drawing a line under this. I've said yes next time i'll do so and so. So can people just shut the 🤬 up, take what I've said, stop trying to keep the fire burning and I've held my hands up. But like storm said it's two way. So why can't everyone else accept a mistake on their behalf too, pack in the crap attitude and get on with what this is meant to be and what it was initially this evening, fun.

No more. If people want to say anything then send me a message. But i'm fed up, we all made a mistake, we're human. Move on 👍

Can you think of anything that can help with this?
I think someone mentioned earlier about capitalized abbreviations, like RED and YEL. Think of the way AJ does it in GTPES. He gets his messages across in one shot (most of the time, anyway).

I think someone mentioned earlier about capitalized abbreviations, like RED and YEL. Think of the way AJ does it in GTPES. He gets his messages across in one shot (most of the time, anyway).
As I mentioned either

A) No restarts to keep things running
B) I'll call 'red flag' in those words in the future

I put the cards on the table. People either leave or take them. I just want to race really. Don't want any of this bollocks

As I mentioned either

A) No restarts to keep things running
B) I'll call 'red flag' in those words in the future

I put the cards on the table. People either leave or take them. I just want to race really. Don't want any of this bollocks
Highlighted what I think we should have. Unless someone specifically states beforehand to carry on, like I often do if I know I'm having connection issues, option B is a fair enough thing to do at least once.

In all fairness, most drivers here have had previous GTTCC experience. To me, this should mean that whenever someone DC's during Q or another vital time then I'd presume EVERYONE should expect @True-blue-8 to say something like Red Flag... Because that's what he's always done.

The way I feel after coming online after the D1 races:
fire_community.gif

In all fairness, most drivers here have had previous GTTCC experience. To me, this should mean that whenever someone DC's during Q or another vital time then I'd presume EVERYONE should expect @True-blue-8 to say something like Red Flag... Because that's what he's always done.
👍

Oh yeah, this happened... :confused:

I love how normally it's me causing arguments but I leave you all alone for one night and come back to this... For shame :lol:
and where were you? ;)

The way I feel after coming online after the D1 races:
View attachment 337389
:lol: :bowdown:

Yeah, I get that feeling a lot. The D2 guys are always complimentary and seem like they just had some fun races while the D1 guys are arguing about driving over their pit crews feet or something. :cheers:
It was as @GT_Vette was saying in the lobby, some people just want to cause problems and won't just take the fun side of it.

As I said if people want a specific thing said in the future. Then a simple 'can you do this please mate' not cause what happened last night

Had a great, fun night tonight guys, even though it's Monaco. But surprisingly there were no significant multi-car incidents, just a couple of spins. The amount of fairness all of you D2 guys give is incredible! Going side by side through Turns 2 and 3 with @TickleMyNug, great stuff mate. 👍

Qualifying:

I went out to take the rubbish to the bins and came back and qualifying was 4 minutes in :lol:. So I just went out and set a lap, I set a 44.2 which put me at the top of the board. But considering @Doomstorm16 had quite a power penalty, I wasn't surprised.

1st

Race 1:

Got a perfect-ish start and @Doomstorm16 got a blistering one, well done mate. I kept around the outside of doom and held him up the hill. After about 2-3 laps in I started to pull away, quite dramatically as well. I just kept my head down and kept the car out of the walls. I had one of those terrible 9mph pit entries but came back out in charge. Eventually, I finished ahead of @Doomstorm16 by roughly 20 seconds.

1st

Race 2:

With 264HP, I was sure I wouldn't be able to win as easily, if I win at all. Plus starting at the back of the grid didn't help either :lol:. I got another terrible start which put me into last place. I got around @john sweet at the first corner and just kept behind @Doomstorm16 up the hill. Coming down into the chicane @TickleMyNug came sliding in but he managed to avoid everyone, I out-braked myself ever so slightly which wedged me inbetween @Matt tiff and @Doomstorm16 but we all managed to get around safely (somehow :lol:). I chased @Doomstorm16 and passed everyone just after him until he made a mistake which allowed me to take 3rd. I caught @sibbystiggy and @von Holstein in about a lap and a half and eventually made my way around them after they tangled at la Rascasse. I pulled away and just kept my head down again, knowing I had less power.

I switched over to the Mediums and came out with a 13 second cushion and opened that up to about 16 seconds before @Doomstorm16 (on Softs) got around @von Holstein (on Mediums) and began to pull me in. He didn't have enough time to catch me though and I finished ahead of him by roughly 10 seconds.

1st

Superpole:

Me and @Doomstorm16 shared a joke about how frustrated he was with me winning and I said "would it be funny if I got pole" considering my huge power penalty. I knew I wasn't going to get pole. The session came around and miraculously I grabbed pole after @Doomstorm16 made mistakes on his lap.

1st

Race 3:

I got a better start and @Doomstorm16 challenged me at the first corner. I went around the outside of him and maintained the lead. @Doomstorm16, with his power advantage over me, eventually took the lead from me in the tunnel and I couldn't find a way back past him, so he went on to win by just over half a second. Well done. 👍

2nd

Overall, had a great night and this should definitely continue like this. Well done guys. 👍

I have noticed I've broken the record for best race day result, beating @FaithlessEmo's '1st, 2nd, 2nd' that he did twice in season 1. I've also noticed that @Doomstorm16 has broken the record for most consecutive podiums, with 9, beating @FaithlessEmo who recorded 6 consecutive podiums twice in season 1 so well done for that, mate. 👍 :)
Thanks for the praise mate, you're a damn fine driver, see you tonight for the supermini!

@SkengD @DR_ingo5 @Duker_86 @GT_Vette @RacingLine @NinjaEvo @FaithlessEmo @sb360 @STOCKY8A1 @xflow1390 @Storm_SP17 @buck1 @wambam23 @TickleMyNug @sibbystiggy @john sweet @David Talle @Mikey24 @swiftsmith @von Holstein @Matt tiff @Doomstorm16 @Teuchter @fedelobster @TDZdave @Buda_Death @bloodyblueboy @CptMadBean @Ian_83

(Tagged all so apologies if doesn't apply to you)

Last night there was a bit of confusion. Yes, as I did last night I held my hands up that I could have done something better. However what followed was no fault of my own. Even when I had apologised and admitted it the attacks still continued.

As I always have and what this series has actually been built upon then if people have a suggestion or opinion then say it, but don't demand I do something and then get aggressive.

I know this is not what we're all here for. At the moment my health is very fragile and i'm in the process of being checked for cancer. I use GT and here as an escape. All I want is to have some fun and not have this nonsense.

I know I have some work to do to improve the series and myself. I know I can be quite the 🤬 sometimes and I apologise for those on the receiving end. But last night when I tried to deal with it in the appropriate manner, howevr it was thrown back in my face.

I know that this is not what we are. It's a learning process and I look at things that don't work and try to improve them.

I'm obviously failing bad here.

If people who are left wish to walk out the door then please do so now. If not, then sit down, shake hands and let's carry on like things used to be. It's a tense 'ready to explode' atmosphere. If people have a problem with the series, a driver or myself, either leave or just say it and clear the air.

I've taken what has gone wrong and trying to make things simple fair and relaxed for a (possible) GTTCC-4 reboot.

So as a closing note the racing was good. But please guys i'm trying my best. I made a mistake which is understandable, but when I hold my hands up to it, there's no need to shoot me and keep the train wreck going is there?

Any important information will now be shown in bold or cap locks. Again, can people either clear the air and start from scratch or close the door behind them please. 👍

Back