(GTOR) | [GTTCC-3] Gran Turismo Touring Car Championship S3 - xflow1390 takes back to back titles!Finished 

• Thread starter True-blue-8
  • 4,148 comments

Standing or Rolling starts?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm a bit unsure what to say really.

Firstly it was a nice atmosphere and some fun with @GT_Vette

Race 1 good fun. I was pulling away from @xflow1390 and catching @buck1 up, then the uni decides to call me, typical lol, had to try drive and talk, so fell back into xflow's grasp and just had to let him past. But good racing mate 👍

Race 2, had a coming together with buck (think an accident) and had a great battle with @DR_ingo5 nice defending mate.

Race 3 storm was lagging behind me, then when he got in front I got an alighty whack and suddenly facing the wrong way :(

I was having a great night until before race 3 guys. There is no 'only if I say red flag'. I had asked people to restart. Others saw. All people had to do was a simple 'didn't see it sorry true. Next time can you say red flag please'. That's it. How simple. Instead I get people hurling abuse at me for no bloody reason, then taking the piss out of me behind my back.

So yeah I had a fun night ruined by that thank you very much.

I'm a bit unsure what to say really.

Firstly it was a nice atmosphere and some fun with @GT_Vette

Race 1 good fun. I was pulling away from @xflow1390 and catching @buck1 up, then the uni decides to call me, typical lol, had to try drive and talk, so fell back into xflow's grasp and just had to let him past. But good racing mate 👍

Race 2, had a coming together with buck (think an accident) and had a great battle with @DR_ingo5 nice defending mate.

Race 3 storm was lagging behind me, then when he got in front I got an alighty whack and suddenly facing the wrong way :(

I was having a great night until before race 3 guys. There is no 'only if I say red flag'. I had asked people to restart. Others saw. All people had to do was a simple 'didn't see it sorry true. Next time can you say red flag please'. That's it. How simple. Instead I get people hurling abuse at me for no bloody reason, then taking the piss out of me behind my back.

So yeah I had a fun night ruined by that thank you very much.
You never seem to have a good night, do you? :indiff:

FROM NOW ON THERE WILL BE ABSOLUTELT NO RESTARTING A RACE OR Q IF SOMEONE DISCONNECTS

To be honest that seems counter-productive. The issue today was that the first instruction was given while everyone was parked up and therefore unlikely to be concentrating, for example I was sending a text. I honestly don't understand why you waited until people figured out what was going on rather then just repeating the instruction after the race had started when you know everyone would see it.

It seems daft to punish everyone for DCing just because there has been a miscommunication about this.

To be honest that seems counter-productive. The issue today was that the first instruction was given while everyone was parked up and therefore unlikely to be concentrating, for example I was sending a text. I honestly don't understand why you waited until people figured out what was going on rather then just repeating the instruction after the race had started when you know everyone would see it.

It seems daft to punish everyone for DCing just because there has been a miscommunication about this.
yes, if people didn't see it fair enough. But then when buck dropped out too and was confused asking what people were doing, then more dropped out was it really necessary. Also when the races started it would have appeared in the chat box.

I'm not penalizing people for DCing. It's the fact that when someone did DC and I tried to restart for them I got crap back in return, that's what i'm punishing. If people DC in the future then they should have thought twice before giving me mouth back.

aaaaaaaand here we go again. People aren't contempt until things can be shaken up. If people DC in the future then fine, just remember how you treated wam tonight when he DC'd

Had a great, fun night tonight guys, even though it's Monaco. But surprisingly there were no significant multi-car incidents, just a couple of spins. The amount of fairness all of you D2 guys give is incredible! Going side by side through Turns 2 and 3 with @TickleMyNug, great stuff mate. 👍

Qualifying:

I went out to take the rubbish to the bins and came back and qualifying was 4 minutes in :lol:. So I just went out and set a lap, I set a 44.2 which put me at the top of the board. But considering @Doomstorm16 had quite a power penalty, I wasn't surprised.

1st

Race 1:

Got a perfect-ish start and @Doomstorm16 got a blistering one, well done mate. I kept around the outside of doom and held him up the hill. After about 2-3 laps in I started to pull away, quite dramatically as well. I just kept my head down and kept the car out of the walls. I had one of those terrible 9mph pit entries but came back out in charge. Eventually, I finished ahead of @Doomstorm16 by roughly 20 seconds.

1st

Race 2:

With 264HP, I was sure I wouldn't be able to win as easily, if I win at all. Plus starting at the back of the grid didn't help either :lol:. I got another terrible start which put me into last place. I got around @john sweet at the first corner and just kept behind @Doomstorm16 up the hill. Coming down into the chicane @TickleMyNug came sliding in but he managed to avoid everyone, I out-braked myself ever so slightly which wedged me inbetween @Matt tiff and @Doomstorm16 but we all managed to get around safely (somehow :lol:). I chased @Doomstorm16 and passed everyone just after him until he made a mistake which allowed me to take 3rd. I caught @sibbystiggy and @von Holstein in about a lap and a half and eventually made my way around them after they tangled at la Rascasse. I pulled away and just kept my head down again, knowing I had less power.

I switched over to the Mediums and came out with a 13 second cushion and opened that up to about 16 seconds before @Doomstorm16 (on Softs) got around @von Holstein (on Mediums) and began to pull me in. He didn't have enough time to catch me though and I finished ahead of him by roughly 10 seconds.

1st

Superpole:

Me and @Doomstorm16 shared a joke about how frustrated he was with me winning and I said "would it be funny if I got pole" considering my huge power penalty. I knew I wasn't going to get pole. The session came around and miraculously I grabbed pole after @Doomstorm16 made mistakes on his lap.

1st

Race 3:

I got a better start and @Doomstorm16 challenged me at the first corner. I went around the outside of him and maintained the lead. @Doomstorm16, with his power advantage over me, eventually took the lead from me in the tunnel and I couldn't find a way back past him, so he went on to win by just over half a second. Well done. 👍

2nd

Overall, had a great night and this should definitely continue like this. Well done guys. 👍

I have noticed I've broken the record for best race day result, beating @FaithlessEmo's '1st, 2nd, 2nd' that he did twice in season 1. I've also noticed that @Doomstorm16 has broken the record for most consecutive podiums, with 9, beating @FaithlessEmo who recorded 6 consecutive podiums twice in season 1 so well done for that, mate. 👍 :)

I'm sorry but it was a lot of fun and then as I said instead of a simple 'didn't see it sorry true' I get **** in return. That's not fair on me.

So no in the future i'm not going through that hassle. If people wanted to be given the same procedure as wam had then those individuals should of let it happen and accepted that people got a bit confused. I did. But instead people took it too far criticising it harshly. Then start sending each other messages taking the mick.

So until those those people come forward and apologise then things wont go any further and that rule may be dropped.

I'm sorry but it was a lot of fun and then as I said instead of a simple 'didn't see it sorry true' I get **** in return. That's not fair on me.

So no in the future i'm not going through that hassle. If people wanted to be given the same procedure as wam had then those individuals should of let it happen and accepted that people got a bit confused. I did. But instead people took it too far criticising it harshly. Then start sending each other messages taking the mick.

So until those those people come forward and apologise then things wont go any further and that rule may be dropped.
Agro snatched superpole with full penalty power :eek:

I'm not penalizing people for DCing. It's the fact that when someone did DC and I tried to restart for them I got crap back in return, that's what i'm punishing. If people DC in the future then they should have thought twice before giving me mouth back.

You are penalising people for DCing though, why you are doing it makes no difference, that is exactly what you are doing.

IMO you didn't get crap, you were asked some genuine questions about why you hadn't done something that people would have immediately understood and you didn't answer those questions. This would have been simply resolved if while everyone was say on the grid you had said back out or red flad or really just anything.

You are penalising people for DCing though, why you are doing it makes no difference, that is exactly what you are doing.

IMO you didn't get crap, you were asked some genuine questions about why you hadn't done something that people would have immediately understood and you didn't answer those questions. This would have been simply resolved if while everyone was say on the grid you had said back out or red flad or really just anything.
I'd drop it if I were you.

I'd drop it if I were you.
Apparently the first time of asking doesn't matter mate.
People DC anyway. What, stop the race for them? No, we don't.

Yeah I was asked questions which I did reply too. But when people are swearing at me and saying what a crap decision, then yeah i'd count that as abuse.
I said a few things. Even in the lobby @buck1 and @Storm_SP17 were saying I had been asking people to drop out. Then when others are dropping out and others carry on yeah a few others were confused too

Apparently the first time of asking doesn't matter mate.
People DC anyway. What, stop the race for them? No, we don't.

Yeah I was asked questions which I did reply too. But when people are swearing at me and saying what a crap decision, then yeah i'd count that as abuse.
I said a few things. Even in the lobby @buck1 and @Storm_SP17 were saying I had been asking people to drop out. Then when others are dropping out and others carry on yeah a few others were confused too

My point is that the first time of asking was while everyone was parked up and therefore had no reason to concentrate. We always have stopped the race for people to get back in, why stop this because one instruction wasn't spotted by a few people?

If over half the field start the race before it becomes obvious something has wrong don't you think that suggests that the instruction wasn't clear enough or delivered at the right time.

resized_winter-is-coming-meme-generator-brace-yourselves-banter-is-coming-86d448.jpg

Why? this is a reasonable discussion about the racing that happened this evening and it has clearly caused a problem so should probably be discussed.
the room wasn't reasonable though. Just take now for example. I say yes ok maybe next time i'll shout RED FLAG over and over again until people leave, and perhaps people were a bit confused. Then in the lobby I attempted to answer every question I saw.

Sounds fair enough right? Bit of confusion and even though people were criticising me I just got on with it. Clearly not good enough as people are still coming at me with all guns blazing.

My point is that the first time of asking was while everyone was parked up and therefore had no reason to concentrate. We always have stopped the race for people to get back in, why stop this because one instruction wasn't spotted by a few people?

If over half the field start the race before it becomes obvious something has wrong don't you think that suggests that the instruction wasn't clear enough or delivered at the right time.
And again that's what you're not listening too.
I have said perhaps people haven't seen it. FAIR ENOUGH I accepted that.
But the reason I've put that rule in place is for the reaction I got from people. It wasn't a 'yeah come on lets let wam in' instead I get had a go at for trying to make the game what it was, a game and fun, not make someone sit on the sidelines. It would have been better if we had just carried on. THATS why the rule is in place

Agro snatched superpole with full penalty power :eek:
I had to admit, I rolled my eyes. It was a freakishly quick lap, but he'd been freakishly quick all Round. 43.0 in Race 2 was phenomenal!

Ok, I found my groove in the car in Race 3 with a 43.3, and yes I did kinda smash it in Deep Forest last week with tyre wear on, but I wasn't strong here at all until the last race and I just abused tyre wear off.

the room wasn't reasonable though. Just take now for example. I say yes ok maybe next time i'll shout RED FLAG over and over again until people leave, and perhaps people were a bit confused. Then in the lobby I attempted to answer every question I saw.

Sounds fair enough right? Bit of confusion and even though people were criticising me I just got on with it. Clearly not good enough as people are still coming at me with all guns blazing.

As far as I can see you haven't said that next time you will say RED FLAG, I may have missed this but so far I can't see that you have said that.

People asking a question like "Why wasn't the instruction repeated?" isn't criticism, its a genuine question.

I had to admit, I rolled my eyes. It was a freakishly quick lap, but he'd been freakishly quick all Round. 43.0 in Race 2 was phenomenal!

Ok, I found my groove in the car in Race 3 with a 43.3, and yes I did kinda smash into true.
Fixed ;)

As far as I can see you haven't said that next time you will say RED FLAG, I may have missed this but so far I can't see that you have said that.

People asking a question like "Why wasn't the instruction repeated?" isn't criticism, its a genuine question.
I'm going to say this once more. I answered the questions ok. I said I didn't bother and as people decided to start anyway i'd wait until the race had finished.
That's a question by all means.

It's what followed that has put the rule in place.

Anyone had a go at wam for asking us to restart? Nope. Thought not.

And again that's what you're not listening too.
I have said perhaps people haven't seen it. FAIR ENOUGH I accepted that.
But the reason I've put that rule in place is for the reaction I got from people. It wasn't a 'yeah come on lets let wam in' instead I get had a go at for trying to make the game what it was, a game and fun, not make someone sit on the sidelines. It would have been better if we had just carried on. THATS why the rule is in place

But the issue isn't with the decision its with the communication, no-one had a problem with the decision (although @xflow1390 was short on time but that is largely irrelevant) the problem came because there was confusion about what decision had been made and what people were supposed to be doing. I really think that not allowing anyone who has DCd back into a race because of this is a bad idea.

No because this isn't about the decision, its about the communication.
see, why cant you just accept I said there may of been an issue with communication. I've said that the last few pages, correct? but no you're still at it even when I've said about it and held my hands up.

If people want to allow drivers who DC to rejoin before the start then they have to give that same chance to others too. You have to give to receive. Noone today wanted to give wam a chance

If people want to allow drivers who DC to rejoin before the start then they have to give that same chance to others too. You have to give to receive. Noone today wanted to give wam a chance

No-one was asked because it is your decision. I remember my first ever race in this series (Fuji last season) has almost the exact opposite problem when you cancelled the series because other people were making decisions without you being involved. So when we keep it quiet and let you make that call you shouldn't penalise those DCing because of it.

The reason I've put that rule in place is look at the hassle it's caused.

So I let them rejoin and there's problems.
I don't let them rejoin and people don't agree.

I just don't know what on earth to do.

No-one was asked because it is your decision. I remember my first ever race in this series (Fuji last season) has almost the exact opposite problem when you cancelled the series because other people were making decisions without you being involved. So when we keep it quiet and let you make that call you shouldn't penalise those DCing because of it.
See, you really must be purposefully doing this. Walk away from the computer, get a drink, come back and read what I've said please ok. As this is stupid. I've told you in EVERY post that certain things can need to be done.

I have said yes next time i'll try repeat it over and over, but you're clearly not happy with that or seeing it.

How's your Toyota? :sly:
see, i'd love it if that was genuinely having some fun but I know it's not 👎

Back