(GTOR) | [GTTCC-3] Gran Turismo Touring Car Championship S3 - xflow1390 takes back to back titles!Finished 

• Thread starter True-blue-8
  • 4,148 comments

Standing or Rolling starts?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, pick a career event and it has A-Spec and B-Spec instead of Start when the event loads. It's not that difficult... :lol:

How to make a game more exciting? Sit and watch... #PDLogic

Yeah, pick a career event and it has A-Spec and B-Spec instead of Start when the event loads. It's not that difficult... :lol:

How to make a game more exciting? Sit and watch... #PDLogic
So we have nothing new then? Well done PD, it only took over a year.

You know what I'd think would be a good version for B-Spec?

Have a box/link thing on the home page under the first column which takes you to an entirely new home page, where you can have a completely separate profile and you can create your own drivers, fit them with helmets etc. and be able to race them online in Leagues. Obviously, with this addition you'd have to take out the Seasonal Events and Licence Tests... but yeah, your driver would have it's very own offline and online career!

Oh wait, that's GT5! :lol:

What annoys me is that the Drivatar feature in Forza 1 was better. Drive laps, the game evaluates your driving style and applies it to your A.I. driver.

Bare in mind that was on the Original bulletproof Xbox, nearly 10 years ago. I'd rather be racing against your trained drivers with their own nuances than the draft train A.I.

Ugh, wasted opportunities...

OK, here comes the complaints.

So, I can paint the Chaparral 2X and Mazda LM55, but I still can't put racing numbers on them. Oh, and I can't paint the wheels.

Midfield, still a great track, even though it's been a long f'n time since I played Gran Turismo 2. But, much like the Suzuka update, no 24 hour day/night cycle. Sorry, but racing out of darkness into those tunnels, lit up like a thousand christmas trees, would've been great.

Yeah, the Mini is good, but does anyone actually care about VGT cars? More to the point, why not a new Sierra Time Rally event with the new car for some cheap, fun credit whoring?

B-Spec, because I'd rather watch the AI control my car, and fail, instead of design and share my own circuits. I swear, if this goddamn track editor comes out and it's like the GT5 one I may have to rob a bank, fly to Japan, hunt down Kaz and... Well... I haven't gotten that far yet, bank heists take time to plan.

So, in summary... Ummm... Meh, yeah meh... Meh is a perfectly adequate description of what waiting 2 and a half months for what was advertised as a monthly update and getting this feels like.

Sorry if I've killed the magic for you... :lol:

EDIT: At least it's free, there's a positive 👍

As I've been saying for a long time, GT6 is dead. Kaz keeps the hype train rolling and then fails to deliver the goods every time, even when the train does troll into the station late, it's usually only delivering half the promised goods.

GT is dying, it needs a new leader that cares more about the game rather than his own racing career. Unless something radical happens I can't see GT7 being any different.

It's actually the community that make the game interesting, if it wasn't for series like this one, I wouldn't play it.

As I've been saying for a long time, GT6 is dead. Kaz keeps the hype train rolling and then fails to deliver the goods every time, even when the train does troll into the station late, it's usually only delivering half the promised goods.

GT is dying, it needs a new leader that cares more about the game rather than his own racing career. Unless something radical happens I can't see GT7 being any different.

It's actually the community that make the game interesting, if it wasn't for series like this one, I wouldn't play it.

Agreed, 100%. The only reason some people still play is because they think they'll get a racing career out of it, which is the funniest f'n thing about this franchise. I don't play a FPS thinking if I get really good at this maybe one day I'll get to go to war.

It's just a game to me, and if it wasn't for the series I'm involved in online, it would be barely be played.

Agreed, 100%. The only reason some people still play is because they think they'll get a racing career out of it, which is the funniest f'n thing about this franchise. I don't play a FPS thinking if I get really good at this maybe one day I'll get to go to war.

It's just a game to me, and if it wasn't for the series I'm involved in online, it would be barely be played.

I can't remember the last time I played anything relating to a career, all I do now is test, tune and race online.

Having just built my gaming PC I am looking for Assetto Corsa and Project Cars shortly, hopefully they hold single player interest for a bit longer.

I think they need to do the next game like they did GT3, 200 or so of the newest cars (a few classics of course, nut not many), with loads of events to partake in for each division/league, with mystery prize cars for getting all golds(Not sure about anyone else but I loved that part) with new graphics, physics engine and such.

I can't remember the last time I played anything relating to a career, all I do now is test, tune and race online.

Having just built my gaming PC I am looking for Assetto Corsa and Project Cars shortly, hopefully they hold single player interest for a bit longer.

It's a video game. The only potential career you can logically get out of it is being a professional gamer. I've been televised once, back in 2008, but I never went into it thinking I'm going to go pro. I went a lot further in a tournament than I imagined I would and appeared on a low rent Sky channel (Xleague.tv for anyone that remembers it).

That's what makes me laugh though. So many people talk about GT Academy like it's the only way to become a racing driver, much like how people look at The X Factor as the only way to become a singer.

No, it's a game. Simple. 👍

Gt needs a new leader? hmmmmmm gtor to the rescue

can b spec drivers be competed against others?

No, that's the big problem. There should've been the ability to train your driver and have them compete against others, or download other people's creations and race them yourself, instead of the snail A.I.

Like I've stated higher up this page, Forza 1's drivatar system had more innovation than this. You don't even recruit drivers like in GT5, when you do a race it's just Your Name (B-Spec) instead of Your Name.

No, that's the big problem. There should've been the ability to train your driver and have them compete against others, or download other people's creations and race them yourself, instead of the snail A.I.

Like I've stated higher up this page, Forza 1's drivatar system had more innovation than this. You don't even recruit drivers like in GT5, when you do a race it's just Your Name (B-Spec) instead of Your Name.

That's really 🤬, No sense of individuality :banghead:

That's really 🤬, No sense of individuality :banghead:

I know, you can tell it's been tacked on with Sellotape instead of being an integral part of the game and it's core mechanics. This is why I'm now starting to dread the track editor. I get this feeling it's going to be a glorified dot-to-dot like GT5 as opposed to true, in depth customisation. Even if they do get the customisation, then we need to be able to share these creations with out friends in order to race them online. I can see it being so bland and generic that it just gets panned the second it's released and GT6 finally expires. It's been bleeding out for a while but has managed to keep enough pressure on the wound to keep from dying, but if that is a failure, that's the nail in the coffin.

I know, you can tell it's been tacked on with Sellotape instead of being an integral part of the game and it's core mechanics. This is why I'm now starting to dread the track editor. I get this feeling it's going to be a glorified dot-to-dot like GT5 as opposed to true, in depth customisation. Even if they do get the customisation, then we need to be able to share these creations with out friends in order to race them online. I can see it being so bland and generic that it just gets panned the second it's released and GT6 finally expires. It's been bleeding out for a while but has managed to keep enough pressure on the wound to keep from dying, but if that is a failure, that's the nail in the coffin.
And that was the base of the mountain (as opposed to the tip of the iceberg). 👍

I agree with @NinjaEvo, Kaz is just trying everything he can to keep us all interested after a massive shift over to Forza, PCars and Assetto Corsa. Kaz can't really take that GT has been beaten in the car racing game area. All of these updates are just becoming add-ons like you find on Google Chrome - pretty cool at first, but you go off them and lose interest in about a week, that's what's happening here! 👍

And, like a lot of people here, I'm only still on GT because of the series' I'm partaking in. They're all decent, well set out and very entertaining! To me, it's kind of keeping the GT fire alight, but just barely.

Another thing to add: most of you may not do what I'm doing, but I'm going to get GT7 when it comes out only to see if it has improved at all. The way things are going, my thought on it improving is getting lesser and lesser and quicker by the day!

Another thing to add: most of you may not do what I'm doing, but I'm going to get GT7 when it comes out only to see if it has improved at all. The way things are going, my thought on it improving is getting lesser and lesser and quicker by the day!
As things currently stand, I will most definitely not get GT7.

Make sure you add Mad.Bean to steam

I also have to say, following on from the magnificent job that PD have done on this 1.16 update, how all existing club events now seem to have some of the information about said events displayed in Japanese...

Yup, makes things so much easier to follow...

:lol:

I also have to say, following on from the magnificent job that PD have done on this 1.16 update, how all existing club events now seem to have some of the information about said events displayed in Japanese...

Yup, makes things so much easier to follow...

:lol:
Oh that's superb. 👍

What a great fail right there, I wonder how they managed to achieve that.

Break out the Japanese translation books guys.

Back