[GTOR] PTCC - Pam's Touring Car Championship - Series StoppedFinished 

• Thread starter Pamellaaa
  • 859 comments
I'm sorry but I'm stating my intentions to withdraw from this, purely for one reason:
  • The car - I hate it.
No matter how hard I try, I get nothing but wheelspin out of every corner and no matter how much I adjust the LSD I can't get rid of it. I've tried using the accelerator gently but I just get left for dead by everything else if I do that. I don't like having to fight a car every week just to be the slightest bit competitive.

I don't arrive and expect to win absolutely everything but I also don't expect to be multiple seconds away from the leader, especially when I know I have the ability to match or even beat their pace. I sign up to series' I know I can be at least competitive in but not expect to win everything - just as long as I'm still in the party. I want to actually race someone rather than be a rolling chicane at the back.

This seems really selfish of me and it does seem like I want to win everything. In all honesty, it would be nice to win everything, but my expectations aren't that high.

But anyways, sorry for dropping out and I hope you guys enjoy the rest of the season. đź‘Ť

The clio not the best car on track but it can find it way round the track well.
Can't say how I drive the dam thing really, but I would say it not an easy car to learn with a wheel.

Race 3 was great. :) I was a bit worried towards the end because the fuel gauge was running a bit low, so I enabled my fuel saving mode for a few laps and slowed down a touch.

My tyres were actually still fairly good. I think that I finished on 5/7 on the front, so they were good for a few more laps really. Perhaps I should have pitted a couple of laps sooner, but I panicked because I saw cptmadbean pit on about lap 13, so I started to worry about how long I could make the SS tyre last. :lol:

Try using all default settings on the car. The Clio doesn't react to tuning in the same way as other FF cars.

Just out of curiosity, also try the other cars to see what your lap times are like. ;) The Clio is the hardest to drive of the 4 and @CptMadBean is correct about it being a difficult car to learn with.

Try using all default settings on the car. The Clio doesn't react to tuning in the same way as other FF cars.

Just out of curiosity, also try the other cars to see what your lap times are like. ;) The Clio is the hardest to drive of the 4 and @CptMadBean is correct about it being a difficult car to learn with.
I'd probably not be any faster. I'm crap at driving anyway. đź‘Ť

I was trying to save my tyres after the stop but obviously not very well , 0 front left at the end

Tremendous win ian :bowdown:

I'd probably not be any faster. I'm crap at driving anyway. đź‘Ť
Well you won't get better at something by quitting.

The first BTCC Honda one-make......I was 2 seconds off the pace when I started that series. Canyondrifter was slightly quicker than me and he quit, thankfully I got him to reconsider and we won the team title together. It's hard being slow.

Provisional Results

Provisional Results.png

I'll be online testing soon, also I think this will be the last Monday race I'll be doing.
I maybe off next Monday not 100% sure till Friday on that

Looking forward to tonight, shame about the other races though :(
I'm going to be rusty tonight so you migt have the win tonight. đź‘Ť I don't know the track all that well (yet) and although I'm at home I can't get onto GT6 to practice as I'm snowed under with paperwork. :(

I'm going to be rusty tonight so you migt have the win tonight. đź‘Ť I don't know the track all that well (yet) and although I'm at home I can't get onto GT6 to practice as I'm snowed under with paperwork. :(

Fingers crossed I can, its the one track in pre-season where I had a pace advantage over you! My problem here is going to be that first turn and the entrance to the tunnel, doing that quick I can manage, doing it consistently on worn tyres I am not so sure.

Hopefully ill be there but ive had a few power cuts today

Fingers crossed mate, as long as you make the start in the endurance races you will be classified.

I'm very close to a 09 in reverse, clio just seems a little more pig to drive.
Good speed round turn 1 = bad or off track on turn 2.
Trying a little other line clio losses speed to easy hmm.
Turn 4 into the tunnel if I get pushed into that wall I not be a happy Bean

I'm very close to a 09 in reverse, clio just seems a little more pig to drive.
Good speed round turn 1 = bad or off track on turn 2.
Trying a little other line clio losses speed to easy hmm.
Turn 4 into the tunnel if I get pushed into that wall I not be a happy Bean

Room is up now! I will jump in a Clio to see where I am, I think from memory it was 1:09.5 ish.

Back