Open (GTOR) Renault Megane Trophy Challenge | FINISHED

Discussion in 'GT6 Racing Series' started by NW48, Aug 24, 2014.

?

What Time & Day Should This Take Place?

Poll closed Oct 15, 2014.
  1. Friday 5.30pm AEST

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Saturday 11:00am AEST

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Friday 10:00pm AEST

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. Saturday 1:00pm AEST

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. NW48

NW48

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_5.jpg
    Welcome to the official thread for the Renault Megane Trophy Challenge!!
    The Renault Megane Trophy Challenge (RMTC) is a racing series that uses the fast and agile Renault Megane Trophy Base Model '11 on the most demanding and iconic world tracks (along with a few PD created tracks) to see which driver trumps all in this fast-paced one-make series. The series will span over 15 rounds with points available at each round with double points on offer in the 3 marquee events (TBD). To keep the competition close between wheel and DS3 users, there will be 2 classes, a Pro class for wheel users and a Amatuer class for the DS3 users. Amatuer class racers can progress to the Pro class at their own discretion. Let's get on to the car!

Renault Megane Trophy Base Model '11
    502PP
    371BHP
    1,130KG
    You are able to tune the settings of the car as long as they meet the required specs.

Racing Expectations
    The standards of racing expected in this series can be read here. Track limits may change from track to track and will be clearly outlined in the drivers briefing that will be posted 4-5 days out from the race. The same will go for pit lane entry/exit.

Penalties
    Penalties will be given out accordingly if you have been found to infringe any of the racing expectations outlined above. There is also a choice to put in an official complaint to one of the Stewards via PM with the sufficient evidence. You can also appeal penalties by following the same process as puting in an official complaint. (Stewards will be appointed soon!)

Race/Series Officials
    Race/Series Organiser- @NW48
    Co-Race/Series Organiser- @Amac500
    Steward/s- @Harsk100, @NW48, (Vacant), (Vacant), (Vacant)
    Clerk of the Course- (Vacant)

The above officials are the people to go to when you have an appeal, complaint or question etc. But make sure you do it via PM and go to the right person.

Qualyfying/Race Start
    2 minutes before qualyfying/race starts, everyone will enter and the race officials or I will do a spec check. You are not allowed to cancel your entry from then on. When qualyfying ends and the race starts, the field, led by pole position in their respective class, will go around at a steady pace. Pole position will signify the start by accelerating at or near the start/finish line.

Disconnections
    In the case of a mass disconnection, (2 or more) the race will restart with the disconnected racers at the rear of the field.

Pit Stops
    During the enduro races (time limited races), it will be mandatory to at least do one compound change, whether it be from Racing Softs to Racing Mediums, as long as you have changed the compound (hard, medium, soft) you will not incurr a penalty.

Pro/Am Race Team Championship
    In addition to the single driver class championships, there will also be a Pro/Am Championship that will compound the overall points earnt by the two drivers. Pro/Am teams will be randomly selected in the interest of fairness and simplicity. (Details may change before season start).

Points System
    Points in the Pro Championship will work like so;
    1st- 0pts
    2nd- 2pts
    3rd- 3pts
    4th- 4pts
    5th- 5pts
    6th- 6pts
    7th- 7pts
    8th- 8pts
    9th- 9pts
    10th- 10pts
    11th- 11pts
    12th- 12pts
    13th- 13pts
    14th-14pts
    15th- 15pts
    16th- 16pts

In the event of a disconnection, the disconnected player will get the points that last place on the night would get plus one.
    *The Amatuer Championship will work just like the Pro Championship.
    **To clear up any possible confusion, it's lowest points wins (This applies for all championships)

Numbers
    As we are using a Base Model, numbers will be required. You may pick any number between 3 & 99 as 1 & 2 are reserved for the champions. The Amatuer Championship will use a circle number plate whilst the Pro Championship will use a blank square numberplate.

Event Schedule
    Denotes a marquee round where double points will be on offer.

Pre-Season Testing-
    Spa-Francorchamps
    Brands Hatch GP
    Fuji Speedway GT

Round 1-1st Euro Leg Opener
    Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit // 2x 15 laps // Friday 26th September @ 11:00pm AEST, 1:00PM GMT, 8:00AM EST
    Round 2-
    Silverstone Double Header;
    Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit // 20 laps // Saturday 11th October @ 11:00pm AEST, 1:00PM GMT, 8:00AM EST
    Silverstone International Circuit // 10 laps // Saturday 11th October @ 11:00pm AEST, 1:00PM GMT, 8:00AM EST

Round 3-*
    Autodromo Nazionale Monza // 40 Minute Enduro // Saturday 25th October @ 11:00pm AEST, 1:00PM GMT, 8:00AM EST
    Round 4- Euro Leg Finale
    Grand Valley Speedway // 2x 15 laps // Saturday 8th November @ 10:00pm AEST, 12:00PM GMT, 7:00AM EST

Round 5- Asia-Pacific Leg Opener
    Fuji Speedway GT // 2x 15 laps //
    Round 6-Asia-Pacific Leg Finale
    Mount Panorama Racing Circuit // 2x 20 laps //

Qualifying- 10mins
    Pit Start

Lobby Settings
    Driving Aids in the Amatuer class will be;

Skid Recovery Force- OFF
    Active Stability Management- OFF
    Traction Control- Allowed
    ABS- Allowed
    Driving Line- Allowed
    ---------------------
    Pro Class;
    Skid Recovery Force- OFF
    Active Stability Management- OFF
    Traction Control- Less than 2
    ABS- Allowed
    Driving Line- OFF
    ---------------------
    Tyre/Fuel Depletion- Normal
    Slipstream- Real
    Visible Damage- On
    Damage- Heavy
    Minimum Pit Stops- 1
    ----------------------
    Wildcard System- This is a system for those drivers who cannot fully commit to be able to race and still be eligible for championship points. It is up to the driver to decide when they want to race.

Want to Join?
    If you're interested in joining, please express your interest and leave your PSN ID, GTP ID and Class Choice in the following format and please send a friend request to Ninth_wonder48
    GTP ID/ PSN ID/ Class Choice // Number // Colour (Optional)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  2. NW48

NW48

Driver List
    Pro Championship-
    1-
    fullgas62 // fullgas62 // #62 //
    2- ItzRacing // ItzRacing // #95 //
    3- mikey2412 // 1996mikey2412 // #24 // Orange
    4- FRS_SK8R // SK8RBOI // #6 // Matte Pink
    5-
    6-
    7-
    8-
    Reserves-

Amatuer Championship-
    1-
    Ninth_wonder48 // NW48 // #48 // Atlantic Blue
    2- Swiftsmith // smith1001 // #3 //
    3- NO GTP ID // sherlockgamer99 // #99 //
    4- Timlour // Timlour // #31 //
    5-
    6-
    David Talle / ElCondensator // #92 // Tangerine Scream
    7- TNR_KING_FILO // TNR_FILO // # //
    8-

Wildcards (Both Pro & Am)-

Reserves-

HarskGaming96 // Harsk100 // Green w/ yellow rims // #96
    Alex_Mac // Amac500 // Bleu Alpine // #98

MannYhAvitZ likes this.
  3. NW48

NW48

Championship Standings
    As of the Round 5

Overall Pro Championship
    1st-
    FRS_SK8R - 80pts
    2nd- mikey_2412 - 64pts
    3rd- fullgas62 - 36pts
    4th- ItzRacing - 27pts
    5th-
    6th-
    7th-
    8th-

Overall Amatuer Championship
    1st-
    Ninth_wonder48 - 80pts
    2nd- Timlour - 43pts
    3rd- sherlockgamer99 - 42pts
    4th- xX2MannYhAvitZXx - 27pts
    5th- smith1001 - 27pts
    6th-
    7th-
    8th-

1st Euro Leg Class Championship

Pro Championship
    1st-
    FRS_SK8R - 80pts
    2nd- mikey_2412 - 64pts
    3rd- fullgas62 - 36pts
    4th- ItzRacing - 27pts
    5th-
    6th-
    7th-
    8th-

Amatuer Championship
    1st-
    Ninth_wonder48 - 80pts
    2nd-Timlour - 43pts
    3rd- sherlockgamer99 - 42pts
    4th- xX2MannYhAvitZXx - 27pts
    5th- smith1001 - 27pts
    6th-
    7th-
    8th-

Overall Championship (All the Legs Combined)
    1st-
    FRS_SK8R - 80pts
    2nd- Ninth_wonder48 - 80pts
    3rd- mikey_2412 - 64pts
    4th- Timlour - 43pts
    5th- sherlockgamer99 - 42pts
    6th- fullgas62 - 36pts
    7th- ItzRacing - 27pts
    8th- xX2MannYhAvitZXx - 27pts
    9th- smith1001 - 27pts
    10th-
    11th-
    12th-
    13th-
    14th-
    15th-
    16th-

4. Harsk100

Harsk100

Well, if an person finishes last place in first race, then the last place finished will be 1st place in the standings, right?

5. NW48

NW48

No, I'm using a 'lowest points wins' format as it'll keep the competition tight throughout the entire series. I can understand the confusion, so I'll just put that in the OP.

Harsk100 likes this.
  6. Harsk100

Harsk100

OK, Lowest points wins... I think that I'll have to finish last in the race to win the championship.... (If I'm going to participate)

7. NW48

NW48

Yeah, so say I win every single race, I finish the championship in first place with zero points, then say you have come 2nd in all 12 races besides two where you came 3rd so that leaves you with 26 points and a second place in the championship. Should of said that first actually!

I hope that you can participate in the series when it gets going!!

8. Harsk100

Harsk100

Right now my PS3 is sick but when my PS3 is fixed, then I'll try to come in. Moreover, it is too late for me...

Well, so, I finish 16th place in every race. So I finish first with 192 points.

PS: Do you mind if I share the link?

NW48 likes this.
  9. NW48

NW48

Ok, do you have a preferred time? And yes, you would finish with 192 points and would come last in the championship. Also, yes, you can definitely share the link!

Harsk100 likes this.
  10. Harsk100

Harsk100

Well as I'll go to 12th grade, I have to work hard so I can pass and finish the school time. Best days for me are Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. What you think if it is 0:00 AM AEST? Because 0:00 AM AEST= 14:00 GMT; 1:00 AM AEST= 15:00 GMT; 4:00 AM AEST= 18:00 GMT

That's really strange to finish last with 192 points because I thought that the winner was the driver which acummulated the biggest number of points.

11. NW48

NW48

We'll work something out in regards of the times but midnight on a weekend would be ok for me.

Yeah the points system I'm using has it's flaws, such as finishing with 0 ponts and being the winner which sounds weird but believe it or not, it does get used in some forms of motorsports such as karting. If it gets a bit complicated for others, I'll change the points system to the usual system/s

Harsk100 likes this.
  12. Harsk100

Harsk100

13. NW48

NW48

It helps when you're trying to work out where you are on points during a race meet and you've got two karts to run and maintain. But I actually prefer the Deadman Final format but that wouldn't really work in a race series without extensive testing.

Harsk100 likes this.
  14. Harsk100

Harsk100

OK. But what is Deadman Final?

15. NW48

NW48

Deadman Final is when you have, say 5 heats and the last race (the final) is the only race that counts. So where you come in the final is where you finish. No points, just 1 race counts and the other four are basically for preparing.
    So I can win the first four races but when it comes to the final, say I come second, I finish second overall.

16. Mikey24

Mikey24 (Banned)

Have a look at the early days of Formula one, or even further back to the Grand Prix series, somebody won with 4 or 5 points and last place came away with 50-60 points, it kind of works in a way but its confusing to some people. Its good to see a new series take a different approach to the points' system.

Harsk100 likes this.
  17. Harsk100

Harsk100

Ah! I now understand what he wants: He wants to follow Grand Prix points system.

For example, the 1936 season:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1936_Grand_Prix_season

18. Mikey24

Mikey24 (Banned)

Harsk100 likes this.
  19. fullgas62

fullgas62

Hi mate, I'll have go if there's spots left . . . fullgas62 and pro class will be fine . . .

Cheers
    Phil

20. NW48

NW48

Cool, thanks for joining! Do you have a number in mind for your car?

21. NW48

NW48

Hey @Harsk100, if you can get your PS3 fixed and the time is slightly changed, which class would you like to enter?

And @1996mikey2412, if I change the time slightly, would you like to enter?

Harsk100 likes this.
  22. CJorex

CJorex

I'll join this, Am class. How long will the races be though? Also do I have to make any commitment to the series? My real-life schedule is pretty hectic and making to all races may not be possible for me

23. NW48

NW48

The races will be around 30mins-1hr in length depending on the track. You don't need to attend every race as I can understand that you have a hectic schedule as I do have a hectic schedule myself (hence why I'm holding races late at night). Do you have a number in mind for your car?

24. Mikey24

Mikey24 (Banned)

What is AEST first? :D

25. NW48

NW48

Australian Eastern Standard Time. The times in the poll may be altered by 1-2hrs at the request of the majority to allow this series to be truly international.

26. Mikey24

Mikey24 (Banned)

Well i'm BST so i'd be AEST-9 i think

27. NW48

NW48

Yep you're right, as I said before, I will consider to change the time if the majority overules the decision so it's still worth putting your name down.

28. Mikey24

Mikey24 (Banned)

Yeah i could put my name down :)

1996mikey2412 / mikey_2412 / Orange / #24 / Am :)

NW48 likes this.
  29. NW48

NW48

Good to have you aboard!

1996mikey2412 likes this.
  30. Harsk100

Harsk100

I could put my name down

Harsk100 / HarskGaming96 / Green with yellow rims / #96 / Am

For now, sign me as a reserve

NW48 likes this.