• Saturday 11:00am AEST

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Friday 10:00pm AEST

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Saturday 1:00pm AEST

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have a question about the specs. What tires will we be racing on? Is the Renault stock, or do I need to add anything?

We will allow any tyres and you are allowed to tune the Renault. As far as I can remember, you don't need to buy anuthing.

Hi NW, just a quick one, but if the timeslot isn't on the Friday night 10pm - I probably won't be able to do it . . . i'm not home from work by 5.30 and i work most Sat mornings and then work from home Sat arvos generally . . .

Cheers
Phil

friday nights its fine by me! (finish work at 5 so home by 6), sat is also good, but sunday i work all day so wouldnt be able to race!... hope this helps

Hi NW, just a quick one, but if the timeslot isn't on the Friday night 10pm - I probably won't be able to do it . . . i'm not home from work by 5.30 and i work most Sat mornings and then work from home Sat arvos generally . . .

Cheers
Phil

friday nights its fine by me! (finish work at 5 so home by 6), sat is also good, but sunday i work all day so wouldnt be able to race!... hope this helps

Thanks guys for the heads up! The timeslot looks as if it might go to the Friday or Saturday night timeslot as the majority is heading that way.

Comfort hard to racing soft?
And yes anywhere between Comfort Hards to Racing Softs (even though we won't really be using Comfort tyres) And I almost forgot, all you need to buy is a racing exhaust for the Renault and you are up to the regulated ppower.

Last edited:
And yes anywhere between Comfort Hards to Racing Softs (even though we won't really be using Comfort tyres) And I almost forgot, all you need to buy is a racing exhaust for the Renault and you are up to the regulated ppower.
Why not just race it stock with hard tires?

Why not just race it stock with hard tires?
More options of tyres enables everyone to have to strategise throughout the race instead of just running then pitting a few laps later for tyres and fuel. Makes for a much more interesting race.

More options of tyres enables everyone to have to strategise throughout the race instead of just running then pitting a few laps later for tyres and fuel. Makes for a much more interesting race.

Have you seen the differences between the compounds? They're way too large. Someone could start on racing softs build up a massive lead, pit and still come out in the lead of the person on hard tires. Not to mention the you still keep the grip of the compound when the tire degrades.

Have you seen the differences between the compounds? They're way too large. Someone could start on racing softs build up a massive lead, pit and still come out in the lead of the person on hard tires.
As I said, strategise for the races, use multiple compounds for balance. And it would be the fault of the person who was using Hard tyres knowing that there is a faster compound available.

As I said, strategise for the races, use multiple compounds for balance. And it would be the fault of the person who was using Hard tyres knowing that there is a faster compound available.
That makes no sense. You say strategize, but you expect people to use the fastest compound? So why not just restrict it to softs then?

That makes no sense. You say strategize, but you expect people to use the fastest compound? So why not just restrict it to softs then?

I expect people to use Softs for the sprints but strategise for the long enduros utilising at least two other compounds.

Well this Saturday at 10:30pm AEST I will be hosting a little test session so we can all get to know each other on the track and generally get used to the cars before the season's start. Just shoot me a friend request so you can join, we will be testing at;
Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Autodromo Nazionale Monza
I hope to be able to do at least 45 minutes at each track with a small 5 lap race at the end of each track session.

most racing series world wide use the multiple compound system. A compulsory compound change during the pit is how it works, i feel its the right choice for this series as it throws up multiple scenarios that could potentially win the race making for much more exciting racing.

looking forward to the test! will be there for sure!

most racing series world wide use the multiple compound system. A compulsory compound change during the pit is how it works, i feel its the right choice for this series as it throws up multiple scenarios that could potentially win the race making for much more exciting racing.
Well on that note, it will from now on be compulsary to do a compound change in the enduro rounds at least once. I'll add that to the OP very directly.

On other news, I'm announcing that there will be a gimmick non-championship race that will take place between Rounds 9 & 10 at the home of the Renault Megane Trophy Challenge, Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps. The event will be a Pro/Am race where drivers from both championships will team up in a team of 2 (1 Am driver & Pro driver) in a race to see who comes out on top. The results from the race will work by combining the teams overall finish time to make one overall time. The times will then be ranked from fastest to slowest and that is how the results will be determined. The race will be 25 laps long with 2 mandatory pitstops and 1 mandatory compound change. More info to come soon!

OP has been updated! Remember, the minute there is only 6 spots remaining, I will announce the time and day but until then there will be no confirmed time and the series will not start so tell your friends who might be interested that we need drivers!

liking the looks of this championship!, i would tell ppl about it but i dont know anyone who races!. Also, are we going to go for the usual 1st wins most points, last wins least?, or staying with the 1st wins 0 points last wins most?.. am not sure where we ended on that!..

it would feel a little more realistic to go with the normal way (1st wins most points) but when it comes down to it, it doesn't really matter that much..

liking the looks of this championship!, i would tell ppl about it but i dont know anyone who races!. Also, are we going to go for the usual 1st wins most points, last wins least?, or staying with the 1st wins 0 points last wins most?.. am not sure where we ended on that!..
Sticking with the least points wins format. It'll keep the competition tight.

Well, what he means is that points system will follow the Grand Prix 30's season. And the driver with less points wins while a driver with more points loses.

I've been thinking about it and unfortunately I don't think I can commit to the series. I'd still love to stay as a reserve driver though.

Well this Saturday at 10:30pm AEST I will be hosting a little test session so we can all get to know each other on the track and generally get used to the cars before the season's start. Just shoot me a friend request so you can join, we will be testing at;
Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Autodromo Nazionale Monza
I hope to be able to do at least 45 minutes at each track with a small 5 lap race at the end of each track session.

Sorry mate . . . won't be able to make this - racing my kart at Tamworth this weekend . . . bummer!

Cheers
Phil

I've been thinking about it and unfortunately I don't think I can commit to the series. I'd still love to stay as a reserve driver though.
That's sad to hear, i'll put you as a reserve the minute I get some time.

Back