• Saturday 11:00am AEST

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Friday 10:00pm AEST

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Saturday 1:00pm AEST

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We have a little misunderstanding on race time, it is past 11pm AEST but I believe the room will open in half an hour when Mikey will get online

Super sorry guys, again the race meet went longer than usual due to a short rain delay. Mikey, go for it, I won't be able to attend as I'm a little beat up and running low on energy, I'll just be a hazard. And before people criticize me, I did warn you guy's, just the person I left it up to wasn't on the ball. A little bump in the road but nothing major. Thank you in advance anyone who shows up, I'm sorry I couldn't be there.

I'm afraid I'm pulling out of the series, for 2 reasons:

1) I don't have the time anymore, I'm not free most Saturday afternoons anymore. Plus the timing is awkward. (I didn't quit mainly because I spun but I had to go out.)

2) The car is just too awkward for me, its unstable in my opinion and I've tried many setups but most of the kerbs just upset the car. And I spun so many times.

It's been great racing with you, and I'll pop in for a race or two if I'm free, but yeah.

Once more few drivers on the starting grid but at least the grandstand was crowded ! :D

Fuji Speedway GT_2.jpg

this may not be the most popular or the best organised series but this must be the most colourful!
it dosent take 16 people to have a good race and we serenely had a great race! so may not race much in this series, but when we do its worth it!

As you are not racing you can update the thread. It's all wrong!
I can update the thread as I just got home, I didn't want to interrupt the race meeting just for one person. In my opinion, no one person is bigger than the rest.

EDIT- Wait, I know what you mean, update the OP. I would have but I'm currently unable to do much on GTP as I'm limited to just posting on my phone, which isn't to reliable with service out here in the bush. That's why I'm trying to find a reliable second-in-charge and possibly someone to take over my job for a week or two during the busy weeks of the school term.

Last edited:
Ok, just a heads up, the RMTC is going on a two-week hiatus so I can catch everyone up on what is happening and give us a break and come back fresh and hopefully interested in the series before a massive run home. So, I'm planning something special to coincide with GT6's first birthday and the car that featured on the cover for the Anniversary Edition AND a track new to the series but welcomed by all (Bathurst). Hopefully this event grabs a few people's attention so we can get more members to help push the series to it's finishing race. Oh, and if anyone is interested in being second-in-command, please send me a PM.

I'm afraid I'm pulling out of the series, for 2 reasons:

1) I don't have the time anymore, I'm not free most Saturday afternoons anymore. Plus the timing is awkward. (I didn't quit mainly because I spun but I had to go out.)

2) The car is just too awkward for me, its unstable in my opinion and I've tried many setups but most of the kerbs just upset the car. And I spun so many times.

It's been great racing with you, and I'll pop in for a race or two if I'm free, but yeah.
So you're definitely quitting, huh....

Announcing the 'Wildcard' System!!
This is a system for those drivers who can't fully commit to be able to race when the wish and still be eligible for championship points. I f you wish to change your status to a wildcard driver, please inform me ASAP.

Well, since we now only have a few drivers.... the next round at Bathurst will be our last. Sorry but I just cannot continue going on without confidence in anyone in this series.
Aw man...:( such a shame we won't get to the end, I thought we would make a breakthrough somehow. I really didn't want it to end like this...

But no hard feelings to you NW. I'll respect whatever you decide. As I've said before, I know nothing about running a racing series, but I imagine 8 races is a feat... and this is the first series you've directed, no? If you can do 8 races in your first series, you must have done something right. :)

And I will race at Bathurst to see this incomplete, but nonetheless amazing series come to a close.:gtpflag:

I thought that too...

Anyway @NW48 if you start another similar series one day I'll be the first in line ! :D

Maybe we should try to advertise a bit the last race, like a special race to finish the series properly.
Or maybe not.

I'll have the thread up for the finale up later on today so we can try and gather in some entries for it. I've also nearly finished the thread for my new 7-round series which I've always wanted to do and will have that up later on today. I've learnt from the mistakes made in this series and have fixed them and unlike this series, I have a dedicated Co-Series Manager as my last two weren't up to the standard I though they would be.

As I've said, someone else can run the series, but take in mind that I won't be helping nor participating in it.

New series is up and running, the link is in my signature. Even though I'm starting that series soon doesn't mean I don't care about this one.

We are SK8R, I've just been busy doing things outside of this so I haven't had the chance to publicise this finale. Drivers Briefing will be up sometime Wednesday or Thursday.

Driver's Briefing // Final Round // Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit

bathurst.jpg

Welcome All to the final Driver's Briefing for Season 1 of the rather successful (GTOR) Renault Megane Trophy Challenge!! It has been an eventful Season with many up's and down's and many close races decided by the smallest of margins. From Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit to Bathurst, this series has provided all the spills, thrills and upsets that any top tier series can provide!

Bathurst%20Circuit.jpg

Race Schedule
Room Opens- 10:45pm AEST // 1:45pm GMT +1
Qualifying Begins- 11:00pm AEST // 2:00pm GMT +1
Race Begins (27 Laps | 2 Mandatory Pitstops) - 11:10pm AEST // 2:10pm GMT +1

Championship
Due to the lack of rounds, the championship is set to come down to this race. This will make the race more interesting and encourage some people who haven't made it to any races show up to this one.

Real Time Weather and Time

As this is the final round, I will make it the best in terms of time and weather! So, we will be running off local time (so the in-race time will be 12:10am and the weather will be run at it's realistic setting so keep an eye on the weather forecast!

Penalties/Official Complaints
As this is the last race, penalties will be weakened to let out the best racing in the field as I feel the strict penalties has hurt the quality of racing, and I take full blame for that. However, if the violation hinders another's race result or running significantly enough, there will be a penalty in the spirit of the race. I do not feel I will have to do this as we are all a bunch of clean, fast and willing drivers.

Pit Lane Lines
Pit Lane Lines will be in effect again this round to keep any pit lane incidents at a lower risk. You cannot cross the line.

Weather
In the result of un-drivable wet conditions, I ask everyone to stress caution and to be aware of others. If the rain becomes too much, then there may be a red flag, decided on by the head clerk, however this will only occur in an incredibly rare circumstance.

Mass Disconnections
In a result of a mass disconnection (50% or more of the field), the race will be red flagged, one lap prior to the mass disconnection. After the affected party returns, the race will restart with the amount of laps left to go when the red flag occurred. If 3 mass disconnections happen, and the race isn't past it's half-way mark, the race will become a time limited race (15mins). However, I cannot see this happening.

Officials
The officials for the event will be;
@NW48
@DirtyNurbKing58
@David Talle

Final Comment
I look forward to seeing everyone there, and maybe a few of the GTTCC guys if they are able to attend, so we can have one last blast before the first season ends. I have enjoyed this series thoroughly and have met some fantastic people along the way. If it wasn't for everyone who signed up for the series, we wouldn't be where we are today. And for that, I thank you all. Through all the up's and down's, this has been the best series by far I have been involved in and I don't think that would be my thought without all the willing competitors that partook in this series. Once again, thank you all and I cannot wait to have our final race at Bathurst! :D :( :embarrassed: :cheers:

Back