• Saturday 11:00am AEST

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Friday 10:00pm AEST

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Saturday 1:00pm AEST

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Me and SK8R at the top... just check the Points Standings under the Driver List.
I mean from raw race results haha, you'll have more points than me

but you won in AM all three races so you'll be tied with him :)

AHHH now I understand lol

I mean from raw race results haha, you'll have more points than me

but you won in AM all three races so you'll be tied with him :)

AHHH now I understand lol
Yes, I accidentally compiled all the points as if the two classes didn't exsist. But it should be the way I have done it just then. As I've said, I want this series to be balanced and have no gap between the DS3 users and wheel users.

I will be away from this Thursday to maybe late Monday as I'll be roughly 1,200km's away from my computer and PS3 so hopefully that answers any questions and/or confusion about why there is no race this weekend. The same goes for the weekend after Round 2 as I'll be some 2,500+km's away from my computer and PS3 and hopefully be meeting some V8 Supercar drivers in between my races at the Race of Stars for the 2nd year in a row.

Yes, I accidentally compiled all the points as if the two classes didn't exsist. But it should be the way I have done it just then. As I've said, I want this series to be balanced and have no gap between the DS3 users and wheel users.

I will be away from this Thursday to maybe late Monday as I'll be roughly 1,200km's away from my computer and PS3 so hopefully that answers any questions and/or confusion about why there is no race this weekend. The same goes for the weekend after Round 2 as I'll be some 2,500+km's away from my computer and PS3 and hopefully be meeting some V8 Supercar drivers in between my races at the Race of Stars for the 2nd year in a row.
true lol

oh wow, long way, enjoy it mate :)

true lol

oh wow, long way, enjoy it mate :)
Yeah, I should enjoy it. I'm going into the race with no hope for a top 15 like lst year but hopefully the "Boy from the Bush" can cause an upset for the second year running. Just ginna go there for the experience, hopefully get to see some old Vintage Karts and have some laughs during the Pro/Am event (if that'll be there again).

The track is ironically called the Nurburg Circuit, last year the track was called the Silverstone Circuit and that was easily the best track I've ever raced on. I'll se if I can post a pic of it as it's a great track. Something I could race on for years and never get bored. It should be in GT6 ;)

I wouldn'tmind going as a reserve, the only thing that stopped me was whether it would be ok with you as I know how it feels to get no contact etc
At least you have given me a reason so I know why. There may be times I need contact but at this current stage in time, that will be very little. So a reserve you are?

Preliminary Driver's Briefing - Round 2 Silverstone Double Header
Jules Bianchi Special Event
I'm sure we are all aware that on Sunday with around 7 laps to go at the Japanese Grand Prix, Jules Bianchi was involved in a horrific single car accident which resulted in the popular Frenchman having 'severe head injuries' and he had to go into emergency surgery twice to repair bleeding of the brain. So, to show how much the Motorsport Community cares, the (GTOR) RMTC is holding two special Jules Bianchi events at the conclusion of the normal 2 races. These events will not be for championship points.

Estimated Event Schedule:

10:40pm AEST - Room Opens // Practice Starts
10:50pm AEST - Qualyfying Commences (10mins)
11:00pm AEST - Race 1 at Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit Commences (15 Laps)
11:30pm AEST - Race 2 at Silverstone International Circuit Commences (5 Laps)
11:45pm AEST - Tribute Lap for Jules Bianchi Commences at Monaco (Cote de Azur) (2 Laps)
11:50pm AEST - Race for Jules Commences at Monaco (17 Laps)
*The Two "Race/Tribute for Jules" are non-championship events. No points will be awarded at the conclusion of the event

Important Notes:

Pit Lane:
Pit lane entry and exit lines MUST be observed. More importantly, exit lines. It is also stressed that you give way to any car that may be coming up the pit straight before you enter the track due to the blind corners. Failure to do so may result in time and points penalties and/or, depending on the severity, disqualification.

The Restart: As a result of a mass disconnection, we will do a restart. All drivers will exit the track (they will not be able to go into driver/car settings, if you do this, you will be DSQ'd) and the race will restart with the laps to go exactly what they were at the time of the incident.

Incidents: If you feel you have been infringed on in any way during the race (e.g; someone cuts a corner and gains an advantage, or someone turns you around with intent, and/or blocks you) you have the right to lodge an official complaint about the incident to the stewards of the night but ensure you have sufficent evidence. Remember, you can also appeal penalties that can be given to you.

More to come in Friday's Driver's Briefing..

Preliminary Driver's Briefing - Round 2 Silverstone Double Header
I'm sure we are all aware that on Sunday with around 7 laps to go at the Japanese Grand Prix, Jules Bianchi was involved in a horrific single car accident which resulted in the popular Frenchman having 'severe head injuries' and he had to go into emergency surgery twice to repair bleeding of the brain. So, to show how much the Motorsport Community cares, the (GTOR) RMTC is holding two special Jules Bianchi events at the conclusion of the normal 2 races. These events will not be for championship points.

Estimated Event Schedule:

10:40pm AEST - Room Opens // Practice Starts
10:50pm AEST - Qualyfying Commences (10mins)
11:00pm AEST - Race 1 at Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit Commences (15 Laps)
11:30pm AEST - Race 2 at Silverstone International Circuit Commences (5 Laps)
11:45pm AEST - Tribute Lap for Jules Bianchi Commences at Monaco (Cote de Azur) (2 Laps)
11:50pm AEST - Race for Jules Commences at Monaco (17 Laps)
*The Two "Race/Tribute for Jules" are non-championship events. No points will be awarded at the conclusion of the event

Important Notes:

Pit Lane:
Pit lane entry and exit lines MUST be observed. More importantly, exit lines. It is also stressed that you give way to any car that may be coming up the pit straight before you enter the track due to the blind corners. Failure to do so may result in time and points penalties and/or, depending on the severity, disqualification.

The Restart: As a result of a mass disconnection, we will do a restart. All drivers will exit the track (they will not be able to go into driver/car settings, if you do this, you will be DSQ'd) and the race will restart with the laps to go exactly what they were at the time of the incident.

Incidents: If you feel you have been infringed on in any way during the race (e.g; someone cuts a corner and gains an advantage, or someone turns you around with intent, and/or blocks you) you have the right to lodge an official complaint about the incident to the stewards of the night but ensure you have sufficent evidence. Remember, you can also appeal penalties that can be given to you.

More to come in Friday's Driver's Briefing..
this is Saturday right?

More details;
The car of choice is the exact same car we are using for the series with the exception of having the car body a shade of red that can match as closely as you can with the Marrusia F1 car and black rims. It is a requirement to have your car painted these colours for the entire round (including the Silverstone races). You can also run Bianchi's number 17 if you wish, but it is not mandatory.

Last edited:

More details;
The car of choice for the event will be the Formula Gran Turismo (no particular colour choice), with Tuning Prohibited and Tyre Limits unrestricted. It is not mandatory to attend the event but it is recommended that you do to show your support for Jules. That is all for now with more info to come in the coming days.
I was thinking we all paint our Megane's red with black rims and have a parade lap flashing lights

I was thinking we all paint our Megane's red with black rims and have a parade lap flashing lights
Hmmm. Yeah we should do that, much cheaper alternative to the Formula GT. So we will do that. All our cars will be run the entire event (including the Silverstone races) with a Red body (of your choosing as I don't expect everyone to have the right paint chip/s) and black rims.

Hmmm. Yeah we should do that, much cheaper alternative to the Formula GT. So we will do that. All our cars will be run the entire event (including the Silverstone races) with a Red body (of your choosing as I don't expect everyone to have the right paint chip/s) and black rims.
as long as they're close enough to the right colour lol, yeah we'll do that :)

as long as they're close enough to the right colour lol, yeah we'll do that :)
Updated the announcement post. Added extra details. I'm definitely running #17 for Jules. If we had a livery creator, I would also run #ForzaJules along the side with a slight variation of the Marrusia livery. But that would be IF we had one.

Updated the announcement post. Added extra details. I'm definitely running #17 for Jules. If we had a livery creator, I would also run #ForzaJules along the side with a slight variation of the Marrusia livery. But that would be IF we had one.
I'll be running #22 from the 2013 season :) and yeah I'd have 'Get Better soon #ForzaJules'

Looks like we could be in for yet again another wet race. It is important to check the weather forecast for the race so you now what to expect!

The final driver's briefing will be posted sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Last edited:
Looks like we could be inn for yet again another wet race. It is important to check the weather forecast for the race so you now what to expect!

The final driver's briefing will be posted sometime tomorrow afternoon.
every British race will be either wet or damp from now until April next year :(

:lol: Only a few more races left in the 1st Euro Leg so we should be fine. Then we go onto a short Asia-Pacific Leg with only 2 races from memory.
lol, Asia is getting a battering from rain too, especially Japan lol

Despite what I said in another thread, I won't be taking a hiatus in this series due to controller issues as the Renault is quite easy on the analog sticks. I repeat, I'm not taking a hiatus for this serious due to the issues I'm currnetly having with my controller as the Renault is easy on the sticks unlike the Old-School Touring Car's I've been using in another series.

Suzuka could be interesting :) Fuji, I love Fuji, full of character! Bathurst is a tricky, but fun track :)
I might add Suzuka to the calendar, can't guarantee it as we are short for time as I plan to have this finished by late January. Suzuka would be a good additon but I'm not guaranteeing anything.

Final Driver's Briefing // Round 2 // Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit / International Circuit

Event Schedule:
10:35pm AEST- Room Opens, practice begins.
10:50pm AEST- Qualyfying starts
11:00pm AEST- Race 1 Begins (GP Circuit - 20 Laps)
11:40pm AEST- Race 2 Begins (International Circuit - 12 laps)
12:00am AEST- Tribute Lap for Jules Bianchi at Monaco (2 Laps)
12:07am AEST- Round Conclusion

(Tribute Lap for Jules Bianchi is a non-championship event)

Tribute Lap for Jules Bianchi:
I'm sure we are all aware that on Sunday with around 7 laps to go at the Japanese Grand Prix, Jules Bianchi was involved in a horrific single car accident which resulted in the popular Frenchman having 'severe head injuries' and he had to go into emergency surgery twice to repair bleeding of the brain. So, to show how much the Motorsport Community cares, the (GTOR) RMTC is holding a special "Tribute Lap for Jules Bianchi" event at Monaco. It is stricly a cruise with NO racing. Alongside with that, I have allowed anyone to use either the #22 or #17 for Jules with a red bodied car with black rims. This is not mandatory as I know not everyone will be able to do this.

Qualyfying:
Qualyfying will only take place before the first race with the second race's grid being determined by the results of the first race reversed. The session will be 10 minutes long.

Race Start: All races (excluding the "Tribute for Jules Bianchi" lap) will start under a signal start due to the 'difficulties' of a few peole who were unable to do a rolling start. The "Tribute for Jules Bianchi" lap will start slowly and should never exceed 100km/h (62mph)

Important Notes:

Pit Lane:
Pit lane entry and exit lines MUST be observed. Failure to do so may result in time and points penalties and/or, depending on the severity, disqualification.

Track Edge: I'm unsure if Track Edge will be a problem but it is stressed that you do not put more than 4 wheels over the white lines. Repeatedly doing this and gaining an advantage will result in a penalty.

Mass Disconnections: If there is a genuine mass disconnection (2 or more) the race will be restarted with the laps shorten to the current lap that we were on.

Weather Forecast: It is important that you keep an eye on the weather forecast. The real weather will be in effect, so the in-game start time will be 13:00 from the time the room opens.

Tyre Selection:
The four tyres available for use will be Racing Heavy Wets, Racing Intermediates, Racing Mediums, Racing Softs. It will be mandatory that you switch compounds during the 1st and 2nd race. A failure to do so will result in a time penalty.
Race Format:
Race 1-
20 Laps / 1 Mandatory Pitstop
Race 2- 12 Laps / 1 Mandatory Pitstop

Stewards: The stewards for the round will be; @NW48 and @1996mikey2412 . For any offical complaints please PM those stewards.

Nothing much more to say besides good luck and I hope you's can all be there for the second round of the (GTOR) Renault Megane Trophy Challenge!!​

Attachments

• Silverstone_Circuit_2010_version.png
    Silverstone_Circuit_2010_version.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 8
Back