• Saturday 11:00am AEST

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Friday 10:00pm AEST

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Saturday 1:00pm AEST

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
... A practice room will be open tonight at precisely 10:45pm AEST (NOT AEDT), it is not compulsory to attend but it would go a long way in keeping this series on it's feet. See everyone tomorrow night and hopefully tonight for practice!

Yes today in about 45mins.

I'm certain I made it clear in the Driver's Briefing AND in a separate message that there is a practice room open and it's today. I waited a solid hour or so and not one person showed up. If we do not get more than 7 racers tomorrow, the whole series will be in major jeopardy, and if that doesn't happen, many people will find themselves in deep, deep water. Final warning, no if's, not buts. I'm sick of busting my 🤬 to organise races in a tight schedule and no one shows up.

I'm certain I made it clear in the Driver's Briefing AND in a separate message that there is a practice room open and it's today. I waited a solid hour or so and not one person showed up. If we do not get more than 7 racers tomorrow, the whole series will be in major jeopardy, and if that doesn't happen, many people will find themselves in deep, deep water. Final warning, no if's, not buts. I'm sick of busting my 🤬 to organise races in a tight schedule and no one shows up.
I would have been on for practice but errands :(

Issues of living away from home

@NW48 Sorry busy week, I'll send you a PSN request right away. I couldn't attend practice today due to my time zone (room opened at 1:45pm here...). Don't worry I'll be there for the race !

I had to make a practice room early because some of us have to get a relatively early night for sporting commitments.

@NW48 Sorry busy week, I'll send you a PSN request right away. I couldn't attend practice today due to my time zone (room opened at 1:45pm here...). Don't worry I'll be there for the race !
No problem. I understand some of us have tight schedules.

Racing is tonight at 10:45pm AEST. I think I made that clear.

i will try too make it for 12:45PM GMT but i'm still working, it takes me around 15 minutes to get home and i may leave at 12:40 or .45

@NW48 Mate, don't ask people to be committed if this is how you manage your series.
Everyone was ready for a plan B...
Have you been here for the first two rounds? No. So don't just judge an entire series on one event which only went awry due to an unexpected delay at a kart meeting, so it wasn't in my control that I had to open the room late. Just a warning; before you question one's integrity, know the facts or you'll end up with a reprimand.

On a different note, anyone (excluding @swiftsmith as he showed up just as I left) who didn't show up without an excuse, will be given 2 reprimands.

Is there much point in all this reprimand business? Either people have genuine reasons for not being able to contact you in which case it's a bit harsh to penalize them, or they just don't give a toss in which case it's kind of pointless? :odd:
@NW48 the reason I made the reprimand thingy-majigy is for driving incidents, if people don't turn up, theres no pont giving them a reprimand each time. Just remove them. Malcolm's right, just wait and se what they say, if othing just remove them from the series

Is there much point in all this reprimand business? Either people have genuine reasons for not being able to contact you in which case it's a bit harsh to penalize them, or they just don't give a toss in which case it's kind of pointless? :odd:
If they aren't able to come, it is their responsibility to advise me that they may not be able to turn up, even if they aren't 100% sure. In this case however, not one person advised me that they will be absent from the race. So, instead of getting on with the race, we sit there waiting for them (up to a certain time) and they don't show. How I'm running my series makes it the driver's responsibility to say if they are unable or able to show up, and as I said, they don't have to be 100% sure of it. I'm also using the reprimand system as I believe it is only fair for the driver's who actually show up week after week and put in their share of the work to have better "rights" over those who are uncommitted and do nothing to benefit the series. Do you see it now?

@NW48 the reason I made the reprimand thingy-majigy is for driving incidents, if people don't turn up, theres no pont giving them a reprimand each time. Just remove them. Malcolm's right, just wait and se what they say, if othing just remove them from the series
I believe reprimands should be for more than just that as I know that, for instance, a foul-mouthed, lazy individual wouldn't get, say, "privileges" over well-mannered, committed individuals. But in hindsight, what I should do now is issue anyone who didn't attend a "Please Explain" so I can get their side of the story and get rid of the "driver responsibility" thing which makes it the driver's responsibility to inform me on their absence.

Is this series still going? Cuz if your lucky you might be able to get four people to race after what happened today!

some one give us some info!
The series will still continue, but Round 3 will not be re-run. And I don't like that you want to blame me for this and not the driver's who didn't show up even though the had not notified me for their absence.

Also, points for Round 3 will not be given out due to the confusion that was started due to something that was out of my control that ended with the round starting 30mins later than expected.

Back