GTP Alternative Cool Wall: 2000-2013 Sony Playstation 2

GTP Alternative Cool Wall: 2000-2013 Sony Playstation 2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My very first console. Bought a used Slim in late 2009 or so. From all the games available the only two that I really played were GT4 and GTA:San Andreas :lol: It almost died on me once - the laser end switch dusted up and it would keep on trying to push the head against the stop, I cleaned it up and it lived! Still have it in my drawer somewhere and I bet it still works. Without a doubt the most successful console to date. Not many electronic gizmos stay relevant for 13 years! Pretty cool I'd say.

SUB 🤬 ZERO!!! Just bought a ps2 slim off of Craigslist a week ago. Because I wanted to play it again. It came with over 250 games. Well worth the money.

The startup menu and noises severely depress me. Sub Zero.

Despite how bloody loud it is, sub zero.

I've had my fat PS2 since 2002 (came with Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 :D) and I have been through numerous controllers, MANY games but never once has it let me down. It's still working. And for the sheer amount of variety in the games on it, sub zero for sure.

Mixed experiences with both my PS2s. One died prematurely while my older slab just about works after 12 years. But it's seen far more gaming hours than any other console I've owned. All of them offline. :P

Those fond memories don't quite reach the same level of nostalgia the PS1 managed to invoke. But it's deserving of a Cool vote.

hsv
The startup menu and noises severely depress me.

Be thankful it wasn't the Red Screen of Death.

Last edited:
Playstation have always had creepy beyond belief ads. That ups the cool scale a billion times for me. I'm a proud ad man. :D

The last console from the days of proper games.

Sub Zero because of GTA San Andreas.

I loved mine and I still play Buzz, Guitar Hero and GT3 (my GT4 broke down :() and I believe it's among the royalty of console gaming (Dreamcast, N64, SNES, Mega Drive and Ataris). Sub-zero

One of the greatest consoles of all time with one of the best gaming libraries of all time. An easy Sub Zero.

It's not as cool as an N64.

Going on what has come from the PS2 we don't have too much in revolutionary category of things. The N64, on the other hand...

The Gamecube is the one that still blows me away. Games like Super Mario Sunshine were running practically PS3 level graphics without causing the thing to go up in flames. Yeah.

It's a video game console.

Video game consoles, unless they're Nintendo, are automatically seriously uncool.

The PS2 almost singlehandedly ruined my job and marriage, occupying every waking minute with GT3 and GT4 and dozens of other games that came and went over the years... some of which I finished on the day I bought them.

:ouch:

On the other hand... I never had to buy a PS2... I won mine off of a local car magazine. And writing "car reviews" for GT4 led to this addiction for writing that had a MINI Cooper S in the garage last week and likely a Subaru STI there in another week or two... as well as half-a-dozen cars in-between... so it's not all that bad. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Still, video game console. Seriously uncool.

Could be worse. It could be an XBox... which is so bro-tastically single-mindedly fixated on being bro-licious, it's beyond seriously uncool.

Back