GTP Alternative Cool Wall: 2000-2013 Sony Playstation 2

GTP Alternative Cool Wall: 2000-2013 Sony Playstation 2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The gaming system of my childhood, I played some of the best games on this console, Sub Zero.

I had a fat PS2 for about 9 years before it couldn't read discs. I have a slim one that's been good for 2 years.

Great titles and unremarkable reliability gives this a sub-zero.

Hands-down, best console ever, its had a huge selection of legendary games and game series'.
I Owned 2 Fats, and one slim that still works flawlessly, it made my childhood, ads its the best selling console of all time.

Sub-Zero without question.

I own a Japanese launch model and UK launch model, both made in Japan and both never skipped a beat once. Good gaming memories and it's hard to see the way gaming is now a console dominating so much and for such a long period of time ever again.

Looked awesome and still looks futuristic, probably even more futuristic than the PS4.

A bit off topic. But I would appreciate some must-have PS2 game advices. I`d like to read suggestions for all type of genres.

The Ratchet and Clank series, particularly the third one. Number three is my third favorite game, behind only Pokemon Emerald and Earthbound. There is a collection of the first three remastered for PS3 as well.

Edit: Never mind, fourth favorite, I forgot Rollercoaster Tycoon 2.

Last edited:
The best Ace Combat games were on PS2. All three are good -- I think I'd give the nod to AC04 for the best missions, AC5 for the most involved campaign/story, and ACZ for the best mix of content and excellent music.

Last edited:
Guitar Hero 3. The playlist is pretty good. EyeToy is pretty fun if you want to, mostly, sweat. Also any Buzz is damn fun.
What @Turtle said and what @Slash said. Old Fifas are quite nice. 2006 was my favourite. And Fifa Street 2 is nice as well.

For stuff that most people won't be thinking of:

Ape Escape series. Killer arcade gameplay and innovative controls. Not the most action packed, but it really utilizes the dual sticks to their fullest potential.

I've also got a soft spot for the Front Mission series. Who cares if it's formulaic? You've got mechs... errh... wanzers... which you can customize and assemble to your heart's content. There's also a line of toys for the game, been meaning to pick one up.

Fatal Frame, if you like that kind of thing. Still one of the scariest "horror" games around.

And Kingdom Hearts. Because everybody needs a little Goofy in their lives. :lol:

Hmmm... can I change my vote? :lol:

Wish I checked this out earlier so I could've voted sub zero.

The PS2 is and will always be my all-time favorite console. Countless hours, days, weeks even. I've played the best (my favorite) games on there. GT3/4, SOCOM 2, GTA VC/SA, Tony Hawk series, NFS series, MLB series, SSX 3, and many more. Over a decade I've played and enjoyed the PS2.

Last but not least is that my PS2 has been the most reliable console for a decade. It outlasted my PSP (From 2004), 2 PS3s (1st From 2008, 2nd from 2010), and Xbox 360 (From 2009).

Didn't use my PS2 as anywhere near as much as either my PS1s or PS3. However GT3 was an epic game, so for that it's 'cool'.

Latest Posts

Back