GTP Alternative Cool Wall Nomination and Results Thread

• Thread starter Turbo
  • 201 comments
People are not allowed to be nominated, unfortunately. Find something else.
How dare you call our lord and saviour a mere person. :P

As for my next nomination. The bullet train. (there are many different types through the ages though so make sure you get a few photos)

1946-1984, 1991 Piaggio Vespa

1965+vespa+SS180+16.jpg

Body Style: Scooter/Moped
Engine: 50-200cc two-stroke air cooled single cylinder
Power: 2-10hp
Weight: 68-100kg
Note: Nomination does not include the P, PK, and PX series Vespas produced from 1977-onwards.

Announcement: Unfortunately, I was supposed to poll a nomination yesterday (since the nominations in the queue are above 11) but I forgot to. There is also a nomination that is scheduled to be polled today. As such, there will be two polls coming up today.

The nomination that you already have in the queue is scheduled to be polled today. Once a thread is made for it, this nomination will be added to the queue.
I knew that rule, I just wanted to add it before someone else stole it. I saw people with a few nominations waiting to be queued anyway.

Here's my next nomination:

1995-2006 Playstation/Playstation 1

75px-Playstation_logo_colour.svg.png

135px-PlayStation_logo_wordmark_1994to2009.svg.png

1280px-PSX-Console-wController.jpg

1920px-PSone-Console-Set-NoLCD.jpg

The PlayStation (officially abbreviated to PS, and commonly known as the PS1 or PSX) is a home video game console developed and marketed by Sony Computer Entertainment. The console was released on 3 December 1994 in Japan, 9 September 1995 in North America, 29 September 1995 in Europe, and for 15 November 1995 in Australia. The console was the first of the PlayStation lineup of home video game consoles. It primarily competed with the Nintendo 64 and the Sega Saturn as part of the fifth generation of video game consoles.

The PlayStation is the first "computer entertainment platform" to ship 100 million units, which it had reached 9 years and 6 months after its initial launch. In 2000, a redesigned, slim version called the PS one was released, replacing the original grey console and named appropriately to avoid confusion with its successor, the PlayStation 2.

In 1999, Sony announced the successor to the PlayStation, the PlayStation 2, which is backwards compatible with the PlayStation's DualShock controller and games, and launched the console in 2000. The last PS one units were sold in winter 2004 before it was officially discontinued in March 2005, for a total of 102 million units shipped since its launch 10 years earlier. Games for the PlayStation continued to sell until Sony ceased production of PlayStation games on 23 March 2006 – over 11 years after it had been released, and less than a year before the debut of the PlayStation 3.

@Turbo it's fixed now.​

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back