View attachment 660248
Why?
___

Anyway, I nominate:

1920-present Theremin
moog-etherwave-theremin-ash-3.jpg

Inventor:
Léon Theremin
Info: The theremin is a musical instrument played without actual physical contact.
From Wikipedia: "The instrument's controlling section usually consists of two metal antennas that sense the relative position of the thereminist's hands and control oscillators for frequency with one hand, and amplitude (volume) with the other."

(yes, I know I could've just put theremin and that would've been information enough, but I prefer to give my own info.)

Why?
___

Anyway, I nominate:

1920-present Theremin
moog-etherwave-theremin-ash-3.jpg

Inventor:
Léon Theremin
Info: The theremin is a musical instrument played without actual physical contact.
From Wikipedia: "The instrument's controlling section usually consists of two metal antennas that sense the relative position of the thereminist's hands and control oscillators for frequency with one hand, and amplitude (volume) with the other."

(yes, I know I could've just put theremin and that would've been information enough, but I prefer to give my own info.)

Sorry, I guess my nomination wasn't very clear. What needs to be changed for it to be valid?
At first I actually had no idea that was a nomination, lol. Still, it will not be uploaded to queue, since it's a satirical nomination, and let's face it, it's ridiculous.

If there is something else you'd like to nominate, you are free to do so.

At first I actually had no idea that was a nomination, lol. Still, it will not be uploaded to queue, since it's a satirical nomination, and let's face it, it's ridiculous.

If there is something else you'd like to nominate, you are free to do so.
Satirical and ridiculous or not, it's still a nomination, and I don't see why Famine's nomination would be accepted and this wouldn't. The only rule I can find against it is that which states that some nominations may be rejected by the curator, however if a set of polls on an internet forum can be polled then I see no reason why a thread and poll on that same site would be rejected. I stand by my nomination.

Satirical and ridiculous or not, it's still a nomination, and I don't see why Famine's nomination would be accepted and this wouldn't. The only rule I can find against it is that which states that some nominations may be rejected by the curator, however if a set of polls on an internet forum can be polled then I see no reason why a thread and poll on that same site would be rejected. I stand by my nomination.
Fine, your nomination will be added to the queue.

I'm just wondering why you've got the time to post new threads, but not to make the ones you've posted actually match what the person who nominated them nominated.

noitisnt.jpg

This still isn't what I nominated, the description is still inappropriate and I suggested images for you in the thread. I quoted you in that thread with all of this information so that you received a notification. More than 24 hours ago.

That aside, you're supposed to curate this content - that's what a curator is - not make up your own stuff, so this shouldn't even have been wrong in the first place.

I don't appreciate being misrepresented, or being ignored.

Last edited:
Hopefully somewhere around 37 degrees celsius.

It's fine if @Turbo wants to take this on, but be warned that there's a reason I stopped doing this before.
At the time, there didn't seem to have been many nominations. The nomination process (but not the rules) became more relaxed & I think I'd just read a news article about Mr Corbyn. I have no particular desire to see him on the cool wall & I think the 'no people' rule is a good idea.

To everyone wondering why a poll never went up Saturday, Sunday, or yesterday, it was because I was away from home (my family and I drove 5 hours away for a family reunion, and we had stayed at my cousin's house for the past three nights. There will be four polls going up today.

I'm just wondering why you've got the time to post new threads, but not to make the ones you've posted actually match what the person who nominated them nominated.

This still isn't what I nominated, the description is still inappropriate and I suggested images for you in the thread. I quoted you in that thread with all of this information so that you received a notification. More than 24 hours ago.

That aside, you're supposed to curate this content - that's what a curator is - not make up your own stuff, so this shouldn't even have been wrong in the first place.

I don't appreciate being misrepresented, or being ignored.

Your nomination description has been fixed, to meet the criteria of what you nominated. Unfortunately, the title of the poll is still incorrect, since that cannot be modified. I am very sorry for fudging up your nomination, and I can assure you no one else will be misrepresented again. Also, I wasn't ignoring you; the past three days I did not have computer access, therefore I could not edit the description.

I would ask the staff to check your account security if I were you. I think the longest gap between your account liking posts was about 27 hours.
I was able to use GTPlanet on my phone. It is too hard to write messages because of the slow loading times, so I decided I'd wait to post until I returned home.

1958-1959, 1963, 1967-Present Gibson Flying V
gibson-flying-v-classic-white-pre-owned-254536.jpg

Body Type: solid-body
Body Material: korina (1958-1963), mahogany (1967+)
Neck Material: korina (1958-1963), mahogany (1967+)
Bridge: fixed bridge
Tailpiece: string-through body (1958-1963), stop bar or vibrato (1967+)
Pickups: humbucking neck and bridge pickups

Last edited:
Back