Power: 82 hp
Weight: 1800 kg
Transmission: 4-speed manual
Drivetrain: FR
Lancia-Astura-Castagna-Aerodinamica-Coupe-67480.jpg

1089647-1536.jpg

1939_Lancia_Asture_Series_IV_Bocca_Cabriolet.jpg

c58ae32976135550ae872c6cffa253c2.jpeg

Lancia, which I have to remember is pronounced "lanh-cha." As much as Lancia has been an amazing marque in motorsports, some of their cars can look pretty horrid, though not as horrid as say... Mitsuoka or Ssangyong. This is NOT one of those horrid cars. My call for this one is Sub-Zero. Its elegance and grace is impressive in the design of this car. So tab me for Sub-Zero.

It's cool but something about a lot of these cars holds me back from sub-zero; it's too anachronistic today to be SZ but it's still really cool.

If they all had the front of the top picture, then it would be SZ. The other frontal treatments are less successful. Overall cool.

Wow. It looks extremely beautiful! I'm actually ashamed I didn't know this thing existed. It's gorgeous!

And also, it is Subzero.

I don’t get people’s voting habits when it comes to really old cars like these. Personally I just don’t vote because they’re so incredibly old and before my time that I can’t make a decision.

Point is, I find all cars of this era look aggressively similar. So much so to the point that they all sort of look the same to me. That’s why I don’t get the criteria for why everyone starts immediately voting SZ. Like what qualities would make a car from the pre-war era uncool versus cool? Unless there isn’t anything more to the equation than old car = automatic SZ for everyone.

I don’t get people’s voting habits when it comes to really old cars like these. Personally I just don’t vote because they’re so incredibly old and before my time that I can’t make a decision.

Point is, I find all cars of this era look aggressively similar. So much so to the point that they all sort of look the same to me. That’s why I don’t get the criteria for why everyone starts immediately voting SZ. Like what qualities would make a car from the pre-war era uncool versus cool? Unless there isn’t anything more to the equation than old car = automatic SZ for everyone.
The same could be said about any era of cars really, depending on who you’re asking. You take a group of cars from a certain time period and they all share similar shapes and styling features with each other for the most part. Of course there is always exceptions. This may seem more obvious about prewar cars due to the fact automotive design moved at such a rapid pace at that time which is why they are radically different looking to most cars built after the 1940s.
Take this 1930 Ford Coupe for example:
upload_2021-4-30_23-26-47.jpeg

And compare it to this 1939 Ford Coupe:
upload_2021-4-30_23-29-6.jpeg

Most prewar cars shared articulated fenders and separate headlights. By the 30s, streamlining started to introduce curves in cars. 40s and 50s cars shared “slab-sided” wider bodies with integrated fenders and headlights. 70s and 80s cars shared sharp corners and boxy squared off details. 90s and 00s cars featured soft “jellybean” streamlining.

In terms of determining why people vote what they vote comes down to their own personal opinion on the car. I feel most vote similarly because of how unique and different the car is in todays light rather than when the car was new.

There were a few examples of prewar cars polled in the past in which the GTP community deemed uncool.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp-cool-wall-1921-1925-scott-sociable.320092/
upload_2021-4-30_23-11-49.jpeg

Last edited:
Back