Drivetrain: Rear engine, front wheel drive
Body Styles: 4-door experimental concept​
1300811693-image-5001.jpg

Dynamaxion_1933.jpg

dymaxion-car-at-salon-prive.jpg

dymaxionCar%25234.jpg

dc4.jpg

Dymaxion_02_2000.jpg

A rear-engined, front-wheel drive V8 powered widow-maker that had the crash safety of a teepee and the handling prowess of a canoe?

And built by genius extraordinaire Buckminster Fuller?

There's no way that's anything but Sub-zero. Sorry to all the haters of road-going submersibles... but that's that.

I didn't even get past the title of the thread before voting Sub-Zee. :D

A rear-engined, front-wheel drive V8 powered widow-maker that had the crash safety of a teepee and the handling prowess of a canoe?

And built by genius extraordinaire Buckminster Fuller?

There's no way that's anything but Sub-zero. Sorry to all the haters of road-going submersibles... but that's that. :D
I was torn, I almost voted that, but then I realized that to a normal person, it just looks like an ugly car

SU because it only makes 23.6 bhp/litre :P. Seriously, though, I find this car sub zero. Designed by Buckminster Fuller, no less, it looks like a submarine and has a rear mounted V8 powering the front wheels. Sub Zero, without a doubt.

This one is quite interesting. Seats 11, 30 mpg, claimed top speed of 120 mph. All in 1933.

Supposedly Amelia Earhart had ordered one, don't think she ever got it though.

Cool.

I am twelve and what is this?

No, seriously, what is this?

Seriously, seriously uncool. So much so that it wraps around to SZ.

It may have been very interesting car choice, but at the end you're still driving with motorized egg. Seriously uncool.

So crazy, I just have to vote Sub-Zero or else it might kill me in it's sleep with it's excellent handling.

Uncool. It's unique, but it's powered by a slow V8, it looks stupid, few non-car people would care about it, etc.

Uncool. It's unique, but it's powered by a slow V8, it looks stupid, few non-car people would care about it, etc.
85hp isn't slow for those days. Hell, the Ford V8 of the same year was putting out about 10hp less than this was.... but speed wasn't the point of this machine anyway.

It's sub zero.

85hp isn't slow for those days. Hell, the Ford V8 of the same year was putting out about 10hp less than this was.... but speed wasn't the point of this machine anyway.

It's sub zero.
Taking that away, it's still an uncool to me.

Back