GTP Cool Wall: 1957-1975 Fiat 500

1957-1975 Fiat 500

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can we PLEASE have someone who is willing to accept that some cars are cool just by the nature of it and that some cars just aren't run the cool wall?

I'll take that job...

Can we PLEASE have someone who is willing to accept that some cars are cool just by the nature of it and that some cars just aren't?
I'll take that job...
W&N is the dictator of cool cars, don't you know?

Regardless of his opinions he expresses in the thread itself, I have little issue with the way he actually runs them.

I agree with you, but it is SO ANNOYING to see his "thoughts" on most cars.

As hilariously poorly-thought-out as they are, intentionally stifling someones opinions simply because you disagree would make you no better than those crazies who see fit to "fight the bronies".

I've no qualms with how W&N runs the Cool Wall and its associated threads. I've long since given up on the idea that he might learn something new from them, and there is the added bonus of him getting upset each time a poll doesn't go his way.

I actually kind of enjoy arguing over how bad his Sunbird is :scared:

I've also expressed interest in taking it over.

As I've said previously, the OP should be simply factual, with W & N offering his take in a follow up post. It's not him ruining the cool wall, it's the fact that most threads turn in to the same thing.

As I've said previously, the OP should be simply factual, with W & N offering his take in a follow up post. It's not him ruining the cool wall, it's the fact that most threads turn in to the same thing.
Why can't it all just be in one post, if his opinion is posted, then why does it matter which post it's in?

Maybe give the thread time to develop before it descends in to the same old tosh.
That's a slippery slope to go down, banning someone from posting in these threads for a certain amount of time. Before you know it, half the people here would be banned from these because they have different opinions

Stylish, historical car that got a country moving. Looks great wherever, whether by a farmhouse or in front of a street cafe.

Sub zero.

Maybe give the thread time to develop before it descends in to the same old tosh.

Considering how many time in the past couple months people have come into this thread looking for a fight before they even read what he's said, that's a pretty hard thing to do.

Then just scroll past the little bit at the bottom of the post that contains his 'annoying' opinion. Problem solved!

Anyway, regarding the actual subject of this thread. I voted cool, because it's a pretty iconic little thing, which can easily turn heads, and is loved by all. However, it's not quite sub-zero, merely for the (rather severe) lack of performance. I know that's not what this car is all about, but cool-ness is affected slightly when you can barely make it up a steep slope.

Exactly. There are cool slow cars - see the later 2nd gen Firebirds, for example (blame Smokey and the Bandit for part of that, but the Firebird has a cool image anyway). This is not one of them. This is a cutesy heap that has trouble making it up inclines, let alone hills.

Exactly. There are cool slow cars - see the later 2nd gen Firebirds, for example (blame Smokey and the Bandit for part of that, but the Firebird has a cool image anyway). This is not one of them. This is a cutesy heap that has trouble making it up inclines, let alone hills.

I can't hear you over how much faster they are than a Sunbird.

Abarthimages_02_1000.jpg

If you judge a car based on the people who think it is cool (in this thread at least), this one would certainly get a seriously uncool. I honestly can't believe how many people get so worked up about one mans opinion. Just because he judges somethings "coolness" based on different criteria to you doesn't mean he shouldn't have an opinion. Personally, I think looking good in front of a coffee shop is one of the worst tests of coolness I can imagine, but I'm not going to tell someone else that their opinion is wrong because I have a different one.

Anyways, I'll give this car a solid cool.

That's a slippery slope to go down, banning someone from posting in these threads for a certain amount of time. Before you know it, half the people here would be banned from these because they have different opinions

I'm not suggesting a ban of any sort. Merely that the opening post containing the information on the car being polled should be impartial. I think the cool wall threads would gain a little more credibility this way.

I'm not suggesting a ban of any sort. Merely that the opening post containing the information on the car being polled should be impartial. I think the cool wall threads would gain a little more credibility this way.
Oh, the way it sounded in your post, you suggested that certain people can't post their opinion until x days after the poll is opened

If you picked a girl with this car she wouldn't actually mind the fact that you're a gearhead and got a rusty, overpowered project car in your garage. She wouldn't mind a lot of things actually because of how stylish you two would look in this car.

Insta sub-zero.

Contrary to popular belief, an aversion to anything feminine or that doesn't scream masculinity does not make paint one as a masculine person. It actually suggests a crippling lack of masculinity under the cover of hyper-machoism.

Real masculinity, actual cool manliness, is able to appreciate and enjoy feminine features too.

Cool people are people who don't care what you think of their tastes. But when those tastes are defined by an immature desire to avoid what is perceived as uncool or unfitting of the gender, we see cringeworthy levels of uncool.

Back