GTP Cool Wall: 1963-1964 Ferrari 250 GT Lusso

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jahgee
  • 98 comments
  • 10,974 views

1963-1964 Ferrari 250 GT Lusso


  • Total voters
    128
  • Poll closed .
I substituted a better pic into your quote.... I mean just he shape of the top of the front fenders and how they slope down to the headlights. The grill position is way off but for some reason Maverick popped into my head, just a similar enough look to me to make me think that.
Ah ok I definitely see it now; you said mid 70s so the 5mph bumper threw me off. I suppose I could kinda see it before hand but it's more clear now.
 
Oh, I saw it coming. I just expected everyone to leave it in the last thread. That's why we have new threads, or the debate will last forever.

Well, if you want we can quote your post in this thread on the other thread (:
 
Well, if you want we can quote your post in this thread on the other thread (:
But what does that have to do with the Monteverdi?
 
Ah ok I definitely see it now; you said mid 70s so the 5mph bumper threw me off. I suppose I could kinda see it before hand but it's more clear now.

Yeah, I mistakenly said mid instead of early... Those big fugly bumpers in the later years certainly didn't help a lot in the looks department.:crazy:
 
MFW it didn't even take 1 page to start antagonizing people
giphy.gif
 
But what does that have to do with the Monteverdi?
Wire wheels. :P

Seriously, learn to take a joke. No-one here is laughing from you but from the situation. If you expressed yourself learned something from the discussion then it's all good. This isn't a hostile place.
 
You are going to keep this going on a car I agree with you on? How much more immature can you be? All you are trying to do is make fun of me and piss me off. Congrats, you succeeded.

See, that's exactly the problem with making sweeping statements like " the 40's was the last decade [wire wheels] looked good." You ended up contradicting yourself 24 hours later when they showed up on a different car.

If you can't handle having glaring contradictions in your posts pointed out to you, maybe you shouldn't internet. It's more or less the favorite hobby of forum members everywhere.

The point, if you'd like to take a moment and actually soak it in, is to stop making blanket statements about wire wheels being ugly, FWD being inferior, 4-cylinders being incapable of making adequate power, etc. Then you won't find your own foot in your mouth nearly as often.
 
But what does that have to do with the Monteverdi?

Wire wheels. :p

This man said it 👍

EDIT:

See, that's exactly the problem with making sweeping statements like " the 40's was the last decade [wire wheels] looked good." You ended up contradicting yourself 24 hours later when they showed up on a different car.

If you can't handle having glaring contradictions in your posts pointed out to you, maybe you shouldn't internet. It's more or less the favorite hobby of forum members everywhere.

The point, if you'd like to take a moment and actually soak it in, is to stop making blanket statements about wire wheels being ugly, FWD being inferior, 4-cylinders being incapable of making adequate power, etc. Then you won't find your own foot in your mouth nearly as often.

Yeah he said it too.
 
Wire wheels usually do nothing for me, especially the fake wire wheel covers Oldsmobile and Buick loved to use in the 80's :yuck:. But these wheels have a good amount of "dish" to them and look pretty good IMO.
 
I'm not really into the newer Ferraris, but the old ones are classics. Cool.
 
But wire wheels!
Indeed. @Jahgee1124 the op's info is wrong, it should say 1943-1944 Ferrari Lusso.
Seriously uncool:

Only has 1 mirror.
Exhausts hang off the body.
Chrome trimming.
And wire wheels.
You are going to keep this going on a car I agree with you on? How much more immature can you be? All you are trying to do is make fun of me and piss me off. Congrats, you succeeded.
Only 240 hp from a V12?? Gotta be kidding me. Wire wheels? Awful. And those headlights, oh don't get me started on those headlights. You can't get more generic than round headlights. The most seriouslyist of seriously uncool cars.
Oh my god this is so ridiculous. All of you.
 
If I have to ignore list people I will, and what happens when you're added to the ignore list here, all of your posts just disappear (Including your nominations)
 
If I have to ignore list people I will, and what happens when you're added to the ignore list here, all of your posts just disappear (Including your nominations)
Dunno man. That's what discussion is about. It would get quite dull here if the only posts in these threads were people posting what they voted in the poll.
 
Dunno man. That's what discussion is about. It would get quite dull here if the only posts in these threads were people posting what they voted in the poll.
But this isn't discussion on the car, this is discussion on a member who voted on the car.
 
But this isn't discussion on the car, this is discussion on a member who voted on the car.

It seems fair to call someone out who made a big deal about a feature on Car X in Car X's thread which made it uncool, only to ignore the same feature on car Y in Car Y's thread.
 


I love every single thing about this car.

This guy's life. I want it. His Countach video sums the car up perfectly, too.

Edit* Some of ya'll need to grow some thicker skin. It's obviously just a joke poking fun at his views. Lord.
 
I'm fine with debates about the car itself, not the debates about members voting on the car
 
It seems fair to call someone out who made a big deal about a feature on Car X in Car X's thread which made it uncool, only to ignore the same feature on car Y in Car Y's thread.
Yeah, but can't you guys just let it go? :/

Disclaimer: I'm not on anyone's side here.
 
I'm fine with debates about the car itself, not the debates about members voting on the car

Three posts before yours:

Not on the member. Discussion with him and on his reasoning and claims about the car being polled.

:confused:

Jet Badger is completely right. We're not talking about the member, we're responding to his comments about the car(s). In a thread designed to get people discussing cars. I don't see your point at all.

The true root of the problem is people taking it way too personally when their opinions are questioned or shown to be a little off-base in some way.
 
I'm fine with debates about the car itself, not the debates about members voting on the car

That's what the cool wall is about, it's not only discussing the cars but also why people think the way they do about a certain car.
 
And if you don't want to be called out on your glaring hypocrisy, you have the option to vote without voicing your opinion on a discussion forum. This isn't a place where you can spew ignorant statements and not have them challenged.

The car gets an SZ from me. Those elegant lines are to die for.
 
Guys, we are coming dangerously close to having a cool wall thread with a near universal agreement and no real need for argument and the same old tripe. Can we please, please just have this one thread untainted and leave the ongoing discussions in the other threads? Just this once.

I'm happy to forgoe the wire wheel scandal from this thread and let that slide if it means we don't have another cool wall thread where it's the V8 brigade vs the world and random asspulls of pony car stats and photos.

Can't we all just get along?
 
Back