Ford_Mustang_Boss_302_1969.jpg

1969-ford-mustang-boss-302-front-view-in-motion-wallpaper.jpg

115921_Interior_Web.jpg

1970:
mump_0708_01_z+1970_ford_mustang_boss_302+side.jpg

mump-1004-01-o%2B1970-ford-mustang-boss-302%2Bfront-view.jpg

mdmp-1011-04-o%2B1970-ford-mustang-boss-302%2Bdriver-side-rear.jpg

125322_Interior_Web.jpg

Sub mother effin zero. Factory road racer built to corner carve and that had a wild time in the Trans Am series with nearly 500hp out of that special engine that was unlike any small block of the day and liked to scream at insane RPM's. And its called "the boss". That's cool as hell. Wasn't the fastest thing out of the box in street trim but it wasn't designed for straight line performance as were most muscle cars, but more so as Fords first non-Shelby attempt at a well rounded car. The fact you could only get it with a manual transmission is icing on the cake.

And shaker style hood scoops are like the coolest things ever.

Last edited:
I don't know how to vote on this one. On one hand, these things actually are bad ass. But on the other hand, not only am I getting sick of seeing these get polled (and before anything asks, I'd get annoyed of seeing a zillion Camaros show up as well), the last car show that I went to had a Boss 302 that was puking its contents all over the pavement.

Low Sub Zero. Only because the picture used isn't of black individual. But then again, black is even better color for the 429.. ;)

YEEAAASSSS! HAHAHAHHA

I ADMIT IT, SPONGEBOB. I LOOOOOVE THE MUSTANG BOSS!
-You-like-Krabby-Patties-don-t-you-Squidward-spongebob-squarepants-20518839-500-333.jpg

----------------------------

Anyway, I picked Sub-Zero. It was a matter of time before the original boss 302 was put up the cool wall. I'm sorry to the people that are sick of Mustangs. :(

If a 1969-1970 Mustang (that generally looks the same & perceives the same thoughts across the board) needs 3 goddamn threads to judge if it's cool or not, then that's seriously uncool.

Edit*
Of the first 25 people who have voted so far excluding myself:
10* have voted SZ/Cool or SU/Uncool in at least 2 threads-
  • 5 for SZ/C
  • 5 for SU/U
*3 of the 10 remained the same in all the threads as well (1 SZ/C, 2 SU/U).
7 have voted the same unanimously across all 3 threads.
4 have voted a mixture of SZ/C and SU/U across all 3 threads.
3 have voted for the 1st time.

That's 17 people who have still not changed their perception of this car in any of the 3 configurations polled; it's still either a + or - car to them. I may go back through when it reaches 50 voters.

Looking through the votes of the other 2 threads, I saw names voting the same across the first 2 cars & I wouldn't be surprised if they voted the same a third time. Even the replies of those in this thread so far are pretty much the same ("Automatic Sub ZERO!" "Another Mustang?"). Completely pointless to poll this car because 1) You already know what people are going to vote based on the last 2 threads & 2) The poll is now going to be tainted by the repetitiveness of this '69-'70MY despite being the best of the 3 cars.

Last edited:
Putting my vote where my mouth is. The Boss 302 is probably one of...eh, maybe the only sub-zero Mustang. Maybe, maaaaaaaybe the '67 GT500. Maybe.

I love Mach 1s but this one, idk, just isn't the quint essential example, so only a cool.

It's the coolest of the Mustangs, but damn I'm tired to rate coolness on the same car. I almost voted uncool, almost. I'll have to go with meh.

NAFMT :indiff:

It can't be too hard to ask for actual variety when people nominate a car instead of seeing them fall back on every iteration of Mustang conceived. And it would have been better to lump all of the 1969–1970 Mustangs into one nomination rather than have three (thus far) threads for different packages. Then I could just vote cool and be done with it.

I went with meh because of this, would have been a cool because it's the prettiest Mustang year.

I was going to abstain, but I wanted my vote to at least count for something since I feel the same about this particular model. So I followed suit.

Want to vote lower for the reasons already stated, but it's the 2nd coolest Mustang after the original GT350. So a reluctant low cool from me.

I know it's a bit silly to nominate so many similar Mustangs, but even putting that into account I still find it Sub Zero. I know how some of you are annoyed.

Slash is gonna enjoy this thread I can tell you that :P

Back