GTP Cool Wall: 1969-1970 Ford Mustang Boss 302

• Thread starter Jahgee
  • 84 comments

1969-1970 Ford Mustang Boss 302

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It would only be cool with an LS swap IMO.
lolwat

The motor that was in this was pretty much one of the best combinations you could get until the LS came out. It's still uber popular

lolwat

The motor that was in this was pretty much one of the best combinations you could get until the LS came out. It's still uber popular
Yeah I know I just think it's cooler in 2014 if you swap it for an LS. Better fuel economy too.

Yeah I know I just think it's cooler in 2014 if you swap it for an LS. Better fuel economy too.
One does not simple swap a Boss motor :lol:

If it was a typical 302/5.0, I'm all for it, but it's not a "normal" 5.0. Maybe even if it was a clone Boss that would be fine. But an original? hell naw.

One does not simple swap a Boss motor :lol:

If it was a typical 302/5.0, I'm all for it, but it's not a "normal" 5.0. Maybe even if it was a clone Boss that would be fine. But an original? hell naw.
Meh I just think any time you can swap a motor out for better performance it only makes the car cooler. It's unique, and the LS would give you better fuel economy, and you'd get fuel injection and VVT. That and the engines from back in the 60's were just so bad for emissions, you could swap in a modern LS and have much cleaner emissions.

Needs more RB26DETT...
I think this would be cool too, for pretty much the same reasoning as above.

Five polls max:

Ford Mustang (1964-1973)
Ford Mustang (1974-1978)
Ford Mustang (1979-1993)
Ford Mustang (1994-2004)
Ford Mustang (2005-)

Done. Factor in different trims as a whole. Balls to your facelifts.

Adjust it to 94-98 and 99-04 and you would be golden.

Meh I just think any time you can swap a motor out for better performance it only makes the car cooler. It's unique, and the LS would give you better fuel economy, and you'd get fuel injection and VVT. That and the engines from back in the 60's were just so bad for emissions, you could swap in a modern LS and have much cleaner emissions.

Emissions means nothing to me :lol:

That's exactly what I'm getting at, there's nothing cool about just polluting for polluting's sake. It's about performance.
The Boss motors are well known to be extreme performers, especially this one. This engine is quite unique in that aspect. Why you'd want to ruin this car doing that is beyond me, but everyone entitled to their own opinion 👍

But why don't we just LS swap every classic while we're at it because everythings needlessly polluting... :/

Last edited:
Nah, you're all wrong. It needs more Cummins Turbo Diesel.

Because then you can call your car "Cumstang."

Damn it, that makes the 4G63 powered Mustang I was going to link seem lame by comparison! :lol: Oh well, I'll add it anyway.
As for the car that is being voted on, I'm still unsure of how to vote. I think that I might just abstain from this one.

The coolest Mustang in my book. High revving V8, similar to a Trans Am racer. SZ.

Mach 1 and the other early Mustangs that were polled were just standard cool to me. I think this model is different enough to be polled separately.

Damn it, that makes the 4G63 powered Mustang I was going to link seem lame by comparison! :lol: Oh well, I'll add it anyway.
As for the car that is being voted on, I'm still unsure of how to vote. I think that I might just abstain from this one.

I Might say this thing is awesome

and that does mean You dont always need V8s to win drag races and have fun

@Slash

Back