GTP Cool Wall: 1969-1970 Ford Mustang Boss 302

• Thread starter Jahgee
  • 84 comments

1969-1970 Ford Mustang Boss 302

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wish they just could be nominated as one. Since they pretty much all look the same.
Scratch what I said before, what I really think is that the Boss 302 should have been the only '69/'70 Mustang nominated. It's the best one for crying out loud!

------------

Needs more RB26DETT...
Damn it, that makes the 4G63 powered Mustang I was going to link seem lame by comparison! :lol: Oh well, I'll add it anyway.
As for the car that is being voted on, I'm still unsure of how to vote. I think that I might just abstain from this one.
I would honestly would want these before doing the overdone LS swap. Oh, and time to think of silly names to call those combinations. Ford Mustang GT-R, Ford Mustang Evolution GSR, Ford Musline GT-R V-Spec, and I'll stop there.

Last edited:
Cool but otherwise meh. 302ci V8 bumps it to cool.

I think that will do

I can't be bothered checking what I voted on the last few Mustangs, but whatever I said then.

I questioned if it needed to be polled when it was first nominated, and I still can't see the point now.

If me or @Slash or anyone else has to explain it, we'd be heading into the nerd territory, so I'm just going to do us a favor and just give it the same rating as all the other ones that's been posted here.

But seriously though, I think we've done enough of these.

Do you have any idea what you're looking at?

Steady.

rosesunglasses.jpg

Your average 60's Mustang. Meh.
Well, I can already see why this Mustang would be considered uncool by some people. Sorry for quoting you All Your Base, but I just need you as an example for a bit.

To a person like the guy I quoted, they could see this Mustang as nothing special. You honestly have to be a big Mustang enthusiast or just a muscle car fan in general to understand what's great about this car. So, I can imagine a hardcore Mustang nut explaining what's so great about the Boss 302 to a person that isn't interested. The Top Gear cool wall rules also dictate that if you have to explain the car's significance, that makes it uncool.

A mountain carver Mustang with a frankenstein motor :lol:
I call it the classic, track day Mustang with a mutant motor. :P
----------------------------------

Though, I'll add to my little paragraph that I still believe that if someone doesn't care about the car, then they're not worth my time to explain it to. I'm making it another one of my personal rules to never explain to someone a car unless they actually care.

JAFM aside, this Mustang falls prey to being owned by "car show people" and for being an auction queen (I mean look, even the car in the picture is wearing a Mecum's plate). So seriously uncool, just like most classic performance cars.

Mustangs are getting extremely repetitive on the Cool Wall, but it doesn't stop this from being Sub Zero.

Too much tacked on tat for a sixties' car.

Not bizarrely gaudy enough for a seventies' car.

It's very fast, yes, but it doesn't tickle my whimsy as much as a Shelby rent-a-racer... sorry. Uncool.

Oh, don't blow the welds on the intake manifold.

Not generally a fan of muscle cars, but I've had a soft spot for these since I was a kid. Even the modern ones are cool.

I like most muscle cars and regardless of the over-saturation argument (I do think there have been a few too many variations), for me this is a very cool car.

Back