• Poll closed .

Jahgee

(Banned)
United States
New York
Jahgee1124
1971-1980 Ford Pinto nominated by @Slash
FordPinto1971.jpg

Body Style: 2-door Coupe, 2-door Sedan Delivery, 2-door Station Wagon, 3-door Hatchback
Engine: 1.6L I4, 2.0L I4, 2.3L I4, 2.8L V6
Power Output: 54-103 HP
Transmission: 4 Speed Manual, 3 Speed Automatic
Drivetrain: Front Engine, Rear Wheel Drive
Additional Information: Designed to weigh less than 2000 lbs. and cost under $2000. Car that the girl in Cujo is trapped in. Entered in Trans Am in 1972, but only managed to finish 1 race before being withdrawn. Was combined with the Cessna 337 to make the AVE Mizar, only 2 were made and both were crashed. Rebadged as a Mercury Bobcat from 1974 to 1980.

Fun fact: this car only blew up from a rear collision 4 times in recorded history.

Anyways, I put it at a high cool simply for the fact of what it can be and what it can be is a uber fast car on the stupid cheap. That makes it cool for me.

Even if it wasn't as unsafe as people said, everyone is still going to think of it as 'that car that always blew up'.

Seriously Uncool.

It's seriously uncool, but still cooler that the GM equivalents at the time.

But not AMC!

Oh look, it's Mustang II's barely slower little brother. Much more blander looking though.. so MEH it is.

It's a horrible looking car, it explodes a lot and it's universally hated, Seriously Uncool.

I honestely don't know what to vote on this one... If seriously uncool because dreadful or cool, because everyone hates so much that becomes cool... I need to think

Fun fact: this car only blew up from a rear collision 4 times in recorded history.

Wow, only four times? Like that makes it any less dangerous?

The Ford "I have a small penis in Latin America". Seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously uncool.

Anyways, I put it at a high cool simply for the fact of what it can be and what it can be is a uber fast car on the stupid cheap. That makes it cool for me.

Yet you didn't give the same credit to a Ford Fiesta XR2.

Last edited:
To anyone who isn't American and/or a Ford nut, this car is only really remembered for two things: exploding and being the parts bin for the Mustang II. Even though it never did much of either of those, that is what its best remembered as, and neither of those facts are what I'd deem cool. However, it is a somewhat quirky and likable little econobox, and for the time, I'm sure it was very good at what it did. Hmm... still uncool, almost meh.

I frankly can't see why the hate for this car, it's not ugly in the slightest, came in wagon form, has a slew of racing pedigree and loads of potential. Plus driving one on purpose means you don't really care what other people think of you, which barely pushes it to cool for me.

I've always liked the american oddball compacts of the time. The Pinto, Vega, Monza, Gremlin and all that stuff.

My Dad bought one of these brand new back in the 70's. He said it was a fun little car. And no, his didn't explode.

Cool.

Latest Posts

Back