GTP Cool Wall: 1979-1981 Chrysler New Yorker

1979-1981 Chrysler New Yorker

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I disagree. I couldn't give a rats ass what society thinks is cool or not. What I think is cool is what makes something cool IMO.
I always wonder why there's even a poll if we're "supposed" to just fill in the answer prescribed by what the general public thinks is cool.

Of course, anyone else is free to vote that way. After all, it's a poll.

I bet I'm alone in this opinion, but I find this to be cool in same ironic way that a Volvo 240 or a W123 300D are cool. A stodgy old car that is now cheap enough to have some fun with, or simply use as a classic daily driver.

Yeah there is only one car in this class range I found to be cool, and it was never this or anything from Chrysler. This was Chryslers worst period next to most of the 90s. Cars like this demonstrate why, government constraints or not, it's this type of fashion (even when the government wasn't breathing down their back) that has been perpetuated by them for some time and even today.

I disagree. I couldn't give a rats ass what society thinks is cool or not. What I think is cool is what makes something cool IMO.
Yet you constantly defend your views on everything from cars to language with "that's how it is around here", and whenever a small car is polled it's uncool because "people around here would laugh at you".

All American cars were downsized in the late 70's. This was the 1978 Chrysler New Yorker:

chrysler-new-yorker-3.jpg

Longer, wider, much heavier, and the 360 V8 was standard, with 400 & 440 V8's optional.

Back