• Thread starter Wiegert
  • 527 comments

1981-1989 Dodge Aries

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
16 pages?

Oh...erm...ok, isn't it time to let this topic rest now?

Whether you think its cool or uncool is just an opinion. It's how the Cool Wall works.

I imagine it will be locked once the poll closes.

I'm sure there'd be at least one less page if @Razor440 wouod stop posting useless, off topic things like talking about TopGear and random colors.
Attitude, attitude! Fella, we're all a little fed up with the way you're conducting things in this thread. It's bound to be locked the moment the vote expires.

And as it stands - the community disagrees with you on the car. Deal with it.

Attitude, attitude! Fella, we're all a little fed up with the way you're conducting things in this thread. It's bound to be locked the moment the vote expires.

And as it stands - the community disagrees with you on the car. Deal with it.
I'd rather this thread get locked anyway. The last five or so pages were mostly not about the Aries, and other off topic things.

I'm not sure why you are saying I have a bad attitude, I kept calm this whole time, and I still will.

I'd rather this thread get locked anyway. The last five or so pages were mostly not about the Aries, and other off topic things.

I'm not sure why you are saying I have a bad attitude, I kept calm this whole time, and I still will.
It's less the calmness and more how you were acting during the debate over the Aries.

It's 12:05 here and I'm too tired to bother with you, so consider this post my swan song for this thread.

I'm sure there'd be at least one less page if @Razor440 wouod stop posting useless, off topic things like talking about TopGear and random colors.
Hey, can we stop it with stuff like this? This is why there has been nonstop replying on this thread complete with unnecessary banter.

This thread has been through enough.

Last edited:

You burn your bridges*...you've just gone and verified that you are in fact no a troll, you really believe this stuff. Not sure what to say.

Until the next K car comes up and people point to this thread as reference I look forward 👍

*been gone for several days read this thread tonight. In the 17 pages of back and forth that were more hysterical than straight to the point (go to non-muscle american cars thread if you don't know), you have few people standing by you in agreement. One of those people was the guy you called out in the post I quoted and probably the biggest ally...hence my realization you may just be plain crazy.

I actually sat in a 1987 Aries yesterday. I was looking at a 1993 Mustang for sale and it was there also. I will give you my honest opinion.

Build Quality: I would say roughly equal to the Mustang. Nothing at all to brag about.

Interior: Yep, and in burlesque house red no less. Bench seats that remind me more of a church pew, not a compliment. The driver door was sagging due to worn pins.

The car looked to be in good shape. I think it was garage kept most of it's life. I didn't look under the hood, maybe next time if the guy gets the price on the Mustang to what I am willing to pay. I may even go for a drive.

I took time out of my day over this thread lol. Who is nuts now

Last edited:
I now know more truths and untruths about K Cars than I ever wanted to know.

Basic transportation usually merits a meh or at most uncool, but the state of these cars now and how miserable they are makes this a seriously uncool.

Reactions: VXR
I'll come back one more time, is this what's really going on? Burning more fuel to the fire, I see.

I cannot ****ing wait to see this thread locked with 10+ padlocks by tomorrow. Jeez.

Dan
How about just ignoring this thread instead of complaining about it?

I tried, but didn't try enough. I mean, you can't help but see things like this still going. But maybe finally it'll stop.

I'm not exactly complaining much, but I feel K cars just don't work well for the Cool Wall. There will be always a minority defending the car, well, RARELY. While the majority, ******** on it or saying stuff like, it doesn't fit for this. But there is very, and I mean, very few bland american cars, that at least have an image in them. This just isn't one of them. Those are my last words, officially. At least in this thread.

You can bet, if there's just more K cars in the future, I won't even vote - I'd abstain.

I tried, but didn't try enough. I mean, you can't help but see things like this still going. But maybe finally it'll stop.

I'm not exactly complaining much, but I feel K cars just don't work well for the Cool Wall. There will be always a minority defending the car, well, RARELY. While the majority, ******** on it or saying stuff like, it doesn't fit for this. But there is very, and I mean, very few bland american cars, that at least have an image in them. This just isn't one of them. Those are my last words, officially. At least in this thread.

You can bet, if there's just more K cars in the future, I won't even vote - I'd abstain.
Why should K-cars be "unfit" for the cool wall? Any car can be polled, whether you like the car or not. There have been much worse cars polled than this.

And? So what? In automotive world, no car is too minor. Austin Princess, Geo Metro, etc are bland cars to most people, yet there are quite liked by minority of people and I'd respect that.

There are worse and blander cars in cool wall previously. Again one mans opinion.

Interior: Yep
smiley-laughing021.gif

Deal with it.

If anything, this comment should be directed at you guys. It's one thing to ask for reasoning of an opinion - but it's another to constantly go at him for having that opinion with needless flaming. Of course, he wasn't perfect - but neither were you guys, and if anything half the people here were trying to trigger the reaction.

SVX
If anything, this comment should be directed at you guys. It's one thing to ask for reasoning of an opinion - but it's another to constantly go at him for having that opinion with needless flaming. Of course, he wasn't perfect - but neither were you guys, and if anything half the people here were trying to trigger the reaction.
Yet the person who started the whole argument was you asking why @The87Dodge voted SZ on his "favourite" car. It's like you guys don't like other people's opinions. Yes coolwall =/= liking but it's still the reason why it went up to 17 pages for no reason whatsoever.

Sorry but while i don't hate anybody here, the fault goes to almost everyone here including you @The87Dodge.

As soon the poll closes, this better get locked away from all the c:censored: happened for what... a random boring 80's boxy car from 'murica? :boggled:

Last edited:
Yet the person who started the whole argument was you asking why @The87Dodge voted SZ on his "favourite" car. It's like you guys don't like other people's opinions.

Sorry but while i don't hate anybody here, the fault goes to almost everyone here including you @The87Dodge.

As soon the poll closes, this better get locked away from all the c:censored: happened for what... a random boring 80's boxy car from 'murica? :boggled:

I asked why he voted. He responded, and I didn't take it any further than that.

Someone else has probably already mentioned this, but I will give @The87Dodge credit. He hasn't gone off in a huff and started mindlessly bashing people after they have a go at him for his opinion.

Don't get me wrong, like the majority here, I find a lot of his reasoning and retorts absolutely asinine and puzzling beyond belief. But they aren't done with malice and he has been actually quite mature about it. He even liked a few of the jabs people have made about him*. That's a lot more that can be said about some other users whose favourite cars get polled. I know by posting again, I'm still adding to this discussion anyway, but the thread really has run its course by now. In the future, hopefully everyone has a laugh about it and doesn't mindlessly reference it for no reason.

* In the grand scheme of things, likes don't really matter, but it at least shows that he does see the humourous side to all of it.

Yet the person who started the whole argument was you asking why @The87Dodge voted SZ on his "favourite" car. It's like you guys don't like other people's opinions. Yes coolwall =/= liking but it's still the reason why it went up to 17 pages for no reason whatsoever.

No, that's the reason the thread went to 13 pages. There have been very little "opinions" expressed by anybody since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back