1990-1993
Styles: 2 Door Coupe
Engines: 6.0 L V8
Transmission: 3-speed Automatic
Layout: Rear-Mid Engine, Rear Wheel Drive

Last edited:
1962-1964 Ferrari 250 GTO nominated by @Spacegoat
It isn't one, I'm afraid.

Also this one isn't in yellow. In yellow it's awesome, it looks like a delicious wedge of cheese! And that's sub-zero.
This is in white. So it looks like feta instead.
Mmm. It's straddling the line...so I'm afraid I'm rounding it down to cool.

It isn't one, I'm afraid.

Also this one isn't in yellow. In yellow it's awesome, it looks like a wedge of delicious cheese. And that's sub-zero.
This is in white. So it looks like feta instead.
Mmm. It's straddling the line...so I'm afraid I'm rounding it down to cool.
Dang guy, pointing out mistakes :lol: (Thanks BTW, wouldn't have found that otherwise)

Sub freaking zero. Despite that it's Chevy powered. Still badass. I absolutely adore this car.

And it's so whacky in styling. That adds points.

It's cool, but it's a joke as far a quality goes...the later Vector is better in that area and others but

This was cool in other ways not sure how to vote though

I often wonder how a car so achingly 80s didn't go into production until 1990. And how the W8 came with a 3-speed auto.

But whatever. Just look at where they put the screen!

ku-xlarge.jpg

As well as the painfully sharp and gorgeous rear.

w8.jpg

As much as I love it, I will never vote higher than a low Cool. An LP400S or 25th Anni Countach was '80s supercar crazy' without going too overboard and would scrape Sub-Zero without much trouble. While the W8 skirts what I consider to be too gaudy, and it's arguably the most conspicuous supercar of the 90s. But the interior is Citroen-level awesomeness and the quirks just about balance out the flashy monocoque.

Last edited:
The ingredients were there to make a great American supercar, then they go and let it down with that interior and a slushy 3 speed auto. The car's appearance in Gran Turismo 2 doesn't make up for the fact it's still uncool.

You guys realize the 3 speed auto used in this is widely recognized as one of the best auto transmissions ever built right? Nothing else in the world at the time could withstand the power this cars engine was putting out except the Ford C6 but that wasn't used because of compatibility issues.

I was about to press cool. Then I noticed the transmission. I don't really care how good it was, a 3-speed autobox in a supercar is a joke (as is any speed autobox, but especially a 3-speed) That alone makes it seriously uncool.

Seriously uncool. Everything wrong with the 80's wrapped up in a nice, four-wheel, package. I've seen the car in person, and it's awesome and interesting, but I wouldn't even remotely consider it cool.

If ever there was an entry of "the 1980s" in a dictionary, this is the picture that would be associated with it, even though it's actually from the 90s.

Incredibly striking to look at, but striking is not necessarily Cool. This is one of the cases where it isn't.

Uncool.

I've seen a few Vectors in person and all of them looked worse than even kit car quality, yet I just can't vote anything other than cool.

I imagine this car was the 90s version of a Zonda or Koenigsegg.

However it really hasn't aged well, nowadays it looks ridiculous and ugly, and you'd look like a massive clown driving one. Uncool.

Well, I rather enjoy the attention so I guess that makes us different :lol:

I do as well, I just prefer it when people go "Wow" when you pass by, rather then "WTF what is that LOL". That's why I compared this car to a Zonda in my original post, its so over the top that its comical. I understand that some people love that but personally I'd have an Aston Martin any day of the week instead.👍

Back