GTP Cool Wall: 1993 Lister Storm (Road Car)

• Thread starter Jahgee
  • 50 comments

1993 Lister Storm (Road Car)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jahgee

(Banned)
United States
New York
Jahgee1124
1993 Lister Storm (Road Car) nominated by @Lister_Storm
lister-storm-v12-jpg.165820

Body: 2-Door Coupe
Engines: 7.0L NA V12
Power Output: 546 HP
Transmission: 6-Speed Manual
Drivetrain: Front Engine, Rear Wheel Drive

A great machine that looks like an economy coupe with a poorly made bodykit on. Uncool.

It does surprise me how low-rent the homologated road version looks. It's not a particularly fussy design at the front, but the proportions and creases around the side and back make it look naff.

Large Jaguar V12 and peculiar four-seat configuration aside, it doesn't exude much in the way of coolness.

It shares it's engine with the XJR sports cars that raced Le Mans, although somewhat modified. The 5.3 and 6.0 V12 already sound great so I can only imagine how beastly this will roar.
So much power coupled to a manual transmisson. I can feel the fun just sitting on my couch. It isn't a real looker though.

Low cool.

You'd pull up to meet your friends in it, and they'd all ask where you managed to hide such a gigantic kit car in your otherwise normal-looking garage.

Supreme rarity matched by its supreme ungainliness. A road car built for homologation would be cool, but this had an incredibly unsuccessful racing version, so there isn't much of a pedigree. It's claims to fame are the biggest V12 fitted to a road car in 50-ish years, and four seats. Not sure which side of the Meh divide it'll fall on for me, I could go either way.

I think the design looks good overall, but the wheels and taillights look rather boring for a supercar.

A homolgation that was built in a shed and has a big V12? Doesn't matter if it's successful or not, for me it's cool

Seriously Uncool. It's a ultra low production, 90's supercar. Almost nothing about that statement is even remotely cool.

Seriously Uncool. It's a ultra low production, 90's supercar. Almost nothing about that statement is even remotely cool.
You forgot something important.

It's really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, REALLY ugly.

In fact, this car was what the word "gopping" was invented to describe. True story.

You can't outrun ugly.

-

-

-

No, there's no punchline. That's it. This is the car that never left my Gran Turismo 3 garage. Ever. I wasn't even curious as to how it went. I just thought it was monumentally ugly. Even viewing it through the rose-tinted glasses of nostalgia, it looks more like hairy armpits than bell bottom pants.

Seriously Uncool.

If I won a billion dollar lottery, I might be tempted to buy one... just to piss people with good taste off. It'd sit in my air-conditioned glass garage overlooking the roadway, hard parked.

The Cizeta V16T, however, that I would use every day. Just because.

Last edited:
You'd pull up to meet your friends in it, and they'd all ask where you managed to hide such a gigantic kit car in your otherwise normal-looking garage.

Supreme rarity matched by its supreme ungainliness. A road car built for homologation would be cool, but this had an incredibly unsuccessful racing version, so there isn't much of a pedigree. It's claims to fame are the biggest V12 fitted to a road car in 50-ish years, and four seats. Not sure which side of the Meh divide it'll fall on for me, I could go either way

It was quite successful in the FIA GT series and it won the British GT-championship once I believe.

It was the first car that was able to actually take the fight to the Vipers that were winning basically everything at the time.

It started winning against the Vipers after five years of competing, and crucially, after Oreca dropped their support. It did so bad it wasn't even selected for entry at Le Mans in 1998.

Back