GTP Cool Wall: 1994-2000 Citroen XM V6

1994-2000 Citroen XM V6

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looks like the biggest pile of 🤬 I've ever seen.

Seriously uncool.

I don't even know how this car could even possibly be cool. It's got nothing going for it.
It looks cool. Its like a big SVX. Which is a cool looking car.

Last edited:
Oh, I forgot about the Citroen air suspension and how you can drop it to a properly cool ride height right from the factory with the flip of a switch. Epic, even if I hate just about every aftermarket application of air suspension.

Maybe showing a picture of the rear would help you get a better understanding of it?

1994-2000_Citro%C3%ABn_XM_hatchback_01.jpg
That made it 10 times worse.

Maybe showing a picture of the rear would help you get a better understanding of it?

1994-2000_Citro%C3%ABn_XM_hatchback_01.jpg

I know a Citroen like this should be cool but I'm honestly not a fan of the look from the front and the nose-heavy V6 (I'd rather have an I4...). I was having my doubts, thinking of giving it a mere cool or even a "meh"... but the rear...THE REAR OF THIS THING!!! SHEESH!!!

Sub Zero.
I can name several "cool" cars with worse HP/L.

Honestly, this particular model isn't exactly the nicest looking. I prefer this one:
citroen-xm-05.jpg

That's SOOOOOO COOL! Give me this front and profile with the rear I previously quoted and you'll have a car with looks fit for Lord Kelvin himself.

I don't know too much regarding Citroëns, other than a vague understanding of the DS and...that's about it. I do know that they continued to use the hydropneumatic self-leveling suspension, and that's worth a great deal of cool points. It's a bit smaller than modern mid-sized sedans, but I hear these are very roomy inside. The most powerful engine, a three liter V6 with 200 horsepower, is perfectly adequate for my driving needs. If they weren't such a PITA to get parts for over here (or even importing one to begin with), I'd love to have one. The one @Custom878 pictured is far more attractive, though.

If you want a loud, in-your-face car with brutish driving characteristics and a constant connection to the road, you won't understand the appeal of something like this.

Have you read the rest of my comment? I found cool, but they have quite a reputation in my country and that brought it's level down

I read it. good =/= cool. Hell some of the coolest cars on earth are also some of the worse in terms of reliability and such stuff.

For me they go hand to hand. If the the car is sub-zero and is beyond rubbish I'll give it a cool. My ratings are odd, I know

The French haven't produced a desirable 'big' car since 1975. Uncool.
Depends whether you mean desirable in the traditional sense (i.e. attracts people from their BMWs et al) or desirable in terms of engineering intrigue, design and quirky appeal.

If the former then I agree, though arguably few French cars have ever been desirable in the way something Italian or German might be. If the latter then most certainly not.

There are few cars I've wanted more over the last decade than a Citroen C6, for example, and on styling nothing German that size can touch it. Mercedes and BMW seem insistent on churning out lumps of baroque architecture these days and someone at Audi has forgotten to turn the photocopier off.

Okay, so the Germans are vastly more rational as purchases, but I'm not sure desirability has ever been rational. I'm not attracted to members of the opposite sex on their ability to do mental arithmetic.

I'll be honest, I'm not really a fan of big Citroens but cars like the DS know how to get your attention. :drool:

Of course, this won't be as cool as the DS but in its own way, it is cool. đź‘Ť

One of these drove down the road I was walking down the other day. Everybody around stopped and stared at it. It was like a huge spaceship in a sea of superminis.

Big quirky French luxury sedan; not pretty, but certainly stylish. Citroen to boot. Cool.

Back